1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Brixton news, rumours and general chat - March 2017

Discussion in 'Brixton' started by editor, Mar 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gramsci

Gramsci Well-Known Member

Wonder if Tricky Skills knows what's happening in Coldharbour Ward. Which is Cllr Matt Parr ward.

Cllr Rachel has finished her six months punishment. But from what I've heard is not officially back in Labour group.So wonder if she will be deselected by the Nu Labour lot.

2. Maharani

Maharani Just like Heaven

3. Maharani

Where's a nice quiet place for a date tomorrow? Friday night in Brixton...hmmmm. I just don't know where to go anymore!

4. brixtonblade

brixtonblade Well-Known Member

Marquis of Lorne. Always quiet and has a pool table.

aussw9 and editor like this.
  5. Maharani

It's the second pub I've seen recently that has a carpet! Thank you. This might be nice.

brixtonblade likes this.
  6. 3Zeros

3Zeros Active Member

They beep VERY LOUDLY. Still, it's nice to know that people are crossing safely when I have my windows shut.

7. Maharani

Pool tables are good for dates I suppose.

8. Angellic

Angellic Well-Known Member

Anyone in SW9 having broadband problems?

9. Rushy

Rushy AKA some / certain posters

Yep - talk talk seems to be down in parts of SW2 SW4 SW9 SE5. Not sure if it is limited to them.

10. Angellic

Angellic Well-Known Member

Seems to be a major outage connected to Virgin but affecting Talktalk as well.

11. Rushy

Rushy AKA some / certain posters

I wonder if that is why CH1 has not managed to post links to those conversations about the pace of house price rises in Brixton which he recalled having had with me.

Winot and Angellic like this.
  12. CH1

CH1 "Red Guard"(NLYL)

I guess so. I went to an interesting lecture recently about false memory syndrome. You obviously remember what you want to remember - but also can be made to remember things that never happened.

I only met Rushy once in my life for couple of minutes and he seemed affable enough. I do recall that in the comments on here about prices of properties which occurred some years ago he and some others seemed gleeful about it.

I also remember discussion of over development e.g. the "house" advertised at the back of the Brixton Road Money Shop in Astoria Walk (facing the Academy) - citing floor areas and potential disadvantages for a buyer. Not sure if this was Rushy, but the person was quick to quote £X per square metre etc which to me is more than mere amateur property dilettante speak

How this has become a case of me somehow persecuting Rushy I don't really know. If he thinks I am misrepresenting his views he can say that.

Gramsci and editor like this.
  13. Mr Retro

Mr Retro TwentyFourThousand

Kindly discuss Brixton matters only here please. If you continue with your attempts to stir up beef here, you will be warned and then banned if you persist, in line with the rules about disruptive posters.

14. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

15. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Every post you have 'contributed' to this month's thread has had nothing to do with Brixton and everything to do with you trying to stir up shit and disrupt the discussion, and for that reason I'm banning you off the thread.

Mr Retro likes this.
  16. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Trinity Arms? Brown Derby (by the Oval)? Cafe Cairo?

Maharani likes this.
  17. twistedAM

twistedAM Left Of The Dial

Where can you pick up a copy of Lambeth Weekender with round Brixton Hill, Streatham Hill or central Brixton?
    Ta.

18. madolesance

madolesance Well-Known Member

Sainsburys opposite the Hoot.

19. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Should be some in the Tesco on Acre Lane. You can also read it online: (no title)

What are you looking for? I may have a copy I can scan in otherwise.

20. Casaubon

Casaubon Well-Known Member

Brixton Windmill events 2017.

Brixton Windmill 1 - 20001.jpg

Brixton Windmill 1 - 20002.jpg

editor likes this.
  21. twistedAM

twistedAM Left Of The Dial

The gig page please. They have a massive piece on Frontier Ruckus.

22. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

That'll be me who did that. Half page spread for me ol' mucker :)

There's loads of copies in Tescos, btw.

2017-03-10_203728.jpg

twistedAM likes this.
  23. SheilaNaGig

SheilaNaGig Struggling and striving

Overheard just now walking home from Brixton Town up the Hill. Friday night 11:46 pm. Bloke on the phone with beardy posse standing by.

Owen! Owen! It's Dan! ... From work! You said... But you said.... Oh I thought you said Brixton.

I hate myself for hating these people...

24. Gramsci

Gramsci Well-Known Member

Yes my phone and broadband went down on Thursday night. Not the fault of my internet and phone provider. There was a problem across the whole area.Its back up now.

I'm with the Phone Co-op. They said it affected them.

25. ViolentPanda

ViolentPanda Hardly getting over it.

Get over yourself, you great wet lettuce. :facepalm:

26. ViolentPanda

He and Alex Bighead are bother dreaming of greater things, probably entirely unrelated to rumours of an engineered deselection/forced retirement of Kate Hoey, and the insertion of a less independent Labour right-winger.
    Not that I can see either of those grinning spunk-gibbons making even a tenth as good a constituency MP as Hoey.

27. ViolentPanda

To be blunt, both Hopkins and Bigham are about as "heavyweight" as a flea's turd. They're both of them - like their mate Bennett - political makeweights who've got where they are by kissing the right arses and mouthing the right opinions. If the people of Vauxhall allow themselves to be deceived by either of those rectal prolapses, then they deserve everything that they get.

28. ViolentPanda

If Heywood stands as an Indie, she'll walk it in Coldharbour. She's so much more hands-on than Donatus and co, that anyone Labour try to parachute in will sink like a stone.

Gramsci likes this.
  29. ViolentPanda

It helps us deaf cunts know when it's safe to cross though! :p

30. ViolentPanda

Bit sticky for the baize, though. :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.