1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Brixton news, rumours and general chat - March 2017

Discussion in 'Brixton' started by editor, Mar 1, 2017.

1. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

2. wurlycurly

wurlycurly diss member

Entirely appropriate new name for **** given the staggering level of intimidation Rushy has had to deal with in the last few posts. Poor soul.

cuppa tee likes this.
  3. Rushy

Rushy igam ogam

Intimidation or the usual tiresome smearing?

And who is **** anyway?

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 9, 2017
    Ol Nick likes this.
  4. wurlycurly

wurlycurly diss member

**** is the Urban75 editor.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 9, 2017
  5. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

For various reasons it's best that me and my safety that my real name is not used here, so I've blanked it out.

Gramsci and wurlycurly like this.
  6. Nanker Phelge

Nanker Phelge Monkey Boy

Urbeef75

Opening soon on Coldharbour Lane

7. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

It's a BYOPG establishment (Bring Your Own Petty Grievances).

Ol Nick likes this.
  8. lefteri

lefteri Well-Known Member

Any idea what will be occupying them?

9. wurlycurly

wurlycurly diss member

Good security password but probably not stroganoff

editor and Nanker Phelge like this.
  10. Mr Retro

Mr Retro Leviticus 26:12

If certain other posters did ecxactly what CH1 did with Rushy would it be "just having a giggle" do you think?

11. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Can we talk about Brixton matters please? Far more interesting all round. Thank you.

blameless77 likes this.
  12. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

2017-03-09_143956.jpg

The Nu Town Hall that everyone wanted is taking shape.

13. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Ooh, we're getting some of those snazzy 'countdown' traffic lights on Coldharbour/Atlantic!

2017-03-09_144136.jpg

14. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

I think 'workshops' rather than shops. It was reported back here ages ago but I can't remember off hand, so could be talking bollocks.

15. Mr Retro

Mr Retro Leviticus 26:12

Why didn't you ask cuppa tea to do the same in post 88 rather than liking it? Astonishing hypocrisy from the only so called moderator of this forum. No more than I've come to expect

16. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Kindly discuss Brixton matters only here please. I've already asked nicely. If you have complaints about the moderation, please take it to the feedback forum. If you continue with your attempts to stir up beef here, you will be warned and then banned if you persist, in line with the rules about disruptive posters.

Mr Retro likes this.
  17. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

I like this poster seen on the Arches. :D

2017-03-09_145236.jpg

18. lefteri

lefteri Well-Known Member

People actually making useful stuff? Surely some mistake

editor likes this.
  19. CH1

CH1 "Red Guard"(NLYL)

Not tagging anyone lest I cause cause offence:

My original post was to point out that Foxtons share price and profits were down due to an alleged (by the Standard journalist) property market downturn. At one time people on here used to decry the absurd rise in property prices - me included.

He who must not be tagged was one of those who on the other hand saw no problem in these increases - even going so far as to report it if a sensational price was "achieved" (at least that is what I recall going back to 2010 onwards - even predating the opening of Foxtons Brixton branch).

I always felt property was getting disconnected with reality - and yet others think we are in a wholly new situation, property will never go down etc.

The Standard article in my post said that Foxtons shares are going down because the property market is going down. A possible sign of light at the end of the tunnel, a return towards sanity for ordinary people who want a fair deal in housing etc etc. I thought.

Sorry my attitude is being taken personally - because I pointed this article out to 2 members of Urban who I previously discussed house prices with over some years.

In Spain the Indignados are those who have lost their homes to predatory bankers. I feel that indignation more than the indignation of a fellow Urban75 poster subject to no such misfortune.

The other thing was this - for some reason although the newspaper pictured the Brixton Foxtons. The online edition had a different shop and I wondered which it was.

Finally this issue is much bigger than whether I upset Rushy. Transparency International recently released a report on the effect of foreign investment and corruption on the domestic housing market. Some local developments are analysed in this report - and it is noted that parts of the Lend Lease development in Elephant and Castle are sold 100% "off plan" to overseas clients - who may or may not have come by their funds legally.

We know that Higgins Oval Quarter were selling off plan at a roadshow in Simgapore, Hong Kong and Penang.

How different from the 1930s:
    The Nash.jpg

Lucy Fur, twistedAM, Gramsci and 2 others like this.
  20. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Well, I guess we'll have to wait and see what actually turns up. Expect the worse.

lefteri likes this.
  21. Rushy

Rushy igam ogam

Seeing as you are intending to continue with this obsessive smearing, could I trouble you to back up your claim that I saw no problem with the staggering price rises? It should be easy given the extent to which you claim we have discussed house process over the years.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2017
    Mr Retro likes this.
  22. teuchter

teuchter je suis teuchter

CH1 I think you may be demonstrating the fact that if certain suggestions are made about "certain posters" frequently enough, (especially by those with the power to set things up so that people can be censored for contradicting or questioning them), those things can become considered given facts regardless of what people have actually ever said.

Angellic and Mr Retro like this.
  23. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Just to repeat: I would ask posters to kindly discuss Brixton matters only here please.

Mr Retro likes this.
  24. Rushy

Rushy igam ogam

*Edited to keep it relevant to the thread.

25. cuppa tee

cuppa tee Well-Known Member

brixtonblade and Gramsci like this.
  26. Lizzy Mac

Lizzy Mac Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure those trees will die though as they have put earth way too far up the trunk. The trunk below and above ground levels have different requirements. It may take some time though. Sorry.

27. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Jason covered that in some depth on Buzz a couple of days ago. I'm struggling to like any of them.

Cllr Matthew Bennett selected to stand for Labour in Gipsy Hill ward for 2018 Lambeth Council elections

Gramsci likes this.
  28. cuppa tee

my source had additional info that I am not able to verify but which might, if true, narrow the field should a challenge to Ms Hoey materialise.

editor likes this.
  29. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Damn. I'm in the mood for industrial levels of bean spillage!

30. cuppa tee

you might be disappointed :(