Brixton news, rumours and general chat - June 2018

Discussion in 'Brixton' started by editor, Jun 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

2018-06-01_002751.jpg

Following on from May's 210+ post thread, here's the June edition, with a June 2003 pic of the Brockwell park miniature train laden with assorted urbanites to wave in the month.

And here's how the weather night look:

Hello hatboy, hello Maggot! :)

Gramsci likes this.
  2. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

There seems to be an immense amount of police sirens blaring around Brockwell Park/Herne Hill right now. Anyone know what's going on?

3. Nanker Phelge

Nanker Phelge Monkey Boy

I blame Field Day.

4. Ms T

Ms T Honey-coloured ramparts

I was woken at 2am by all the sirens and shouting which I realise was right outside my house! Looked out of the window and two police cars had carried out a pincer movement and had trapped a car between them. A bloke had been dragged out of his vehicle and was on the floor. There were two police vans as well as the cars. Someone was shouting that another suspect had gone down Somerleyton passage. There was tons of noise and commotion for ages. I am tired this morning!

editor likes this.
  5. jimbarkanoodle

jimbarkanoodle Well-Known Member

Sounds like the bloke that was dragged out of the car was a drug dealer gearing up to peddle his drugs at Field Day festival. Or possibly a NOS user sprinkling canisters near to where the geese nest, nice and early.

6. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

7. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

8. SpamMisery

SpamMisery Pretty comfortable here right under your skin

The Squire and Partners thread is the Champagne and Fromage of 2018. A riotous read. Nine out ten. Dropped a mark for the David Brent character and occasional recycling of material (just not quite as funny second time round).

alcopop and shakespearegirl like this.
  9. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

And the predictable Spam Misery sneering post scores a 1/10 and a thread ban. You've fucked up too many of these with your hit and run trolling and bring nothing of value to any discussion.

10. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Coming up:

11. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

And a sale in the arches

12. BusLanes

BusLanes Pedestrian

Pretty rammed around Brixton Station/Windrush - full of people with sparkly face paint loitering about so assume that it's Field Day related.
    We've even got two hot dog vendors out!

snowy_again and editor like this.
  13. oryx

oryx Sitting on the bock of the day

Last edited: Jun 2, 2018
    Jangleballix, Gramsci and editor like this.
  14. CH1

CH1 "Red Guard"(NLYL)

BBC News are seriously plugging the corporation's expensively made Jeremy Thorpe drama "A Very English Scandal" (final part Sunday at 9 pm).
    But look at the picture on their website:
    Brixton Gays.jpg

15. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

16. catriona

catriona chickweed

Happy to see Stuart the Watchman back at his stall today, 15 months after he was knocked off his bike. He said he's had a great welcome but he needs customers! Friday and Saturdays only for now.

17. Gramsci

Gramsci Well-Known Member

Good to see him today. I was in a hurry so couldn't stop to say hello.

18. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Oh great. I'll pop down and take some pics for a feature.

catriona and Gramsci like this.
  19. David Clapson

David Clapson Well-Known Member

I had no idea Prince Harry was a train driver before he became a helicopter pilot.

editor and Lupa like this.
  20. David Clapson

David Clapson Well-Known Member

Gramsci and editor like this.
  21. elmpp

elmpp Banned Banned

more high handidness

22. Gramsci

Pickman's model likes this.
  23. Gramsci

I've been asking for Spam to be banned from Brixton forum , not just this thread, for some time.

You only have to look at Spam profile to see what Spam is here for.

equationgirl and Pickman's model like this.
  24. Gramsci

As this is typical posting from Spam I would like it noted I want Spam banned from Brixton forum.

Pickman's model likes this.
  25. teuchter

teuchter je suis teuchter

Are bannings allocated on a requests system now?

Waladli, elmpp, Winot and 2 others like this.
  26. Gramsci

In all my time here Spam is the only poster I have asked to be banned permanently. I'd rather put my view out in the open.

equationgirl and Pickman's model like this.
  27. Twattor

Twattor Well-Known Member

I quite enjoy Spam's interjections - adds a bit of colour.

elmpp likes this.
  28. aka

aka Brixton Hill

Ban people for objectionable racist or sexist stuff - not sub-par trolling. ;)

friendofdorothy likes this.
  29. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Trolling has always been against the forum rules, although some latitude has be shown when it's in silly threads or when it's not trying to make personal digs at other posters.

As evidenced by his profile, Spam is just here to disrupt and fuck up sometimes serious threads about topics that actually matter to people, possibly in the hope they'll just give up.

I've had enough so as soon as he tries to troll another thread, he'll be warned and eventually banned if he continues. I'm sure he'd love to see this thread getting disrupted in his absence, but all subsequent posts referencing him will now be deleted in the interests of keeping this thread on topic.

If anyone wishes to discuss this further, please take it to the feedback forum where they are free to voice their opinions which will be read by all the mods.

equationgirl and Gramsci like this.
  30. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Looks like the godawful gravy drenched burgers business isn't proving so lucrative so Dip and Flip are continuing the standard nu-Brixton practice of trying to turn their 'restaurant' into a booze shunting, DJ-spinning, cocktail-dispensing bar/club (see also: Rum Kitchen, Hip Hop Chip Shop etc etc etc).

2018-06-04_164419.jpg

Gramsci likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.