1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Brixton news, rumours and general chat - July 2017

Discussion in 'Brixton' started by CH1, Jul 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nanker Phelge

Nanker Phelge Monkey Boy

Yes...quite.

It was all a bit weird cos it was in an empty office block on a trading estate. At first I thought 'this is all a bit cheap' and it was a bit cheap, but the puzzles and the game itself were very clever and (trust me I don't do fun and games) I liked it...

It was then I had to suffer a team meal in a chain restaurant in Milton Keynes....and then try and get the fuck back to London ASAP..

Manter and Winot like this.
  2. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Anyone know anything?

3. djdando

djdando Well-Known Member

I think there was a rape on Tuesday night off Rush Common. About 30 police at the tube yesterday evening.

4. David Clapson

David Clapson Well-Known Member

It's already in this thread and the papers and the police web site.

5. snowy_again

snowy_again Slush

6. Manter

Manter Lunch Mob

We did one at work a few months ago and it was great fun. I was surprised I enjoyed it as I hate team building :D

Nanker Phelge likes this.
  7. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

8. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

There's been shitloads of cops in and around Brixton tube all day.

9. Ol Nick

Ol Nick beer in Brixton

Not Tube - Brixton Transport Quarter

sealion and editor like this.
  10. EastEnder

EastEnder Brixton Barnacle

I've heard it's vibrant.

Ol Nick likes this.
  11. ViolentPanda

ViolentPanda Hardly getting over it.

Although doesn't your position as a landlord disqualify you from commenting on anything to do with human affairs?

editor likes this.
  12. Lizzy Mac

Lizzy Mac Well-Known Member

And yesterday.

13. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Great live reggae/ dub session going on right now in Club 414 on Coldharbour Lane Brixton. Free admission and open till 3 am. Proper old school![​IMG]

sealion likes this.
  14. Mr Retro

Mr Retro TwentyFourThousand

Zzzzzzz

15. ViolentPanda

ViolentPanda Hardly getting over it.

Easier to type "Zzzzzzz" than to attempt to justify being a rentier, eh?

Pickman's model likes this.
  16. Pickman's model

Pickman's model Every man and every woman is a star

orang utan seems to have hacked your account.

17. Pickman's model

Pickman's model Every man and every woman is a star

c4u

18. Maharani

Maharani Just like Heaven

Seems to be more reggae on at 414 these days...or has there always been? Sunday's is supposed to be good too isnt it?

19. bimble

bimble Is it Spring yet?

Urgently need to need to eat a fry up, can anyone tell me where is there a good FEB in central brixton these days ?

20. sealion

sealion If you can't dance just nod your head

Slightly off track but Sams cafe on acre lane just along from lidl won't let you down.

editor likes this.
  21. Maharani

Maharani Just like Heaven

Very few places that aren't extortionate or selling artisanal fucking avocados on pulled sourdough these days. Sorry, not very helpful I know! There is the greasy spoon in the market, the one that's been there forever. Up from Esme's.

sealion likes this.
  22. bimble

bimble Is it Spring yet?

Didn't even make it down to brixton .. sat in Sems cafe in LJ now :cool:

Gramsci likes this.
  23. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

24. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Sunday is great - the standard of musicianship is astonishingly high and there's a proper old Brixton vibe there - I really recommend it.

I'll be gutted if the developers get their way and turn the 414 into shitty luxury flats.

Maharani likes this.
  25. Mr Retro

After seeing first my grandfather and then my father get fucked over with their pension I'm making sure it doesn't happen to me. This is the only way that makes sense to me where I can ensure that doesn't happen to me.

I'd rather society was different. I'd rather the significant tax my wife and I pay looked after us with a state pension when I'm 65 and I didnt have to do this. But it won't and I'm self employed so I feel I do need to do this.

So I couldn't give a shooting shit what you and that wierdo Pickmans thinks. I'm looking me and my family.

26. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

How many properties do you own? If you're paying "significant" tax then you must be raking in a fair old amount out of your tenants. Which must be nice for you.

27. David Clapson

I seem to have missed something. Does Mr Retro own the market?

28. Mr Retro

As ever you're totally wrong. I pay significant tax in my day job. This will not however make a jot of difference when I'm 65 so I'm looking after that as best as I see fit now.

29. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

He always seem reticent to say anything on that score. But it seems to be a case of "I'm alright Jack."

Truth is there's quite a few rentiers on these boards, but they're always coy about admitting it. It's not hard to work out who they are though by their attitude to all things nu-Brixton. Trendier Brixton = bigger, fatter rents.

30. David Clapson

Anyone with a buy to let mortgage is a parasite whose vote has been bought by the Tories in the most scandalous bit of gerrymandering of the modern era.

editor likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.