1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Brixton news, rumours and general chat - January 2018

Discussion in 'Brixton' started by editor, Jan 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. snowy_again

snowy_again Slush

So good he moved to Bromley!

not suggesting that as a small child he had much choice in this decision

2. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

3. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Weird. Just weird.

How they've got the nerve to show their faces after last year's fiasco is anyone's guess.

4. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

5. alex_

alex_ Well-Known Member

Do you mean shit and not ironic at all ?

editor likes this.
  6. trabuquera

trabuquera Modesty Bag

I think Brixton Wave's been outsourced to a group of teenagers in Palau. "colourful town of Brixton" wtf.

Gramsci and editor like this.
  7. alex_

alex_ Well-Known Member

Who have never been to Brixton and mistakenly done a google image search for brixham

Alex

8. DietCokeGirl

DietCokeGirl [Your Ad Here]

Those pictures are a bit misleading.

9. cuppa tee

cuppa tee Well-Known Member

Last edited: Jan 26, 2018
    Gramsci and editor like this.
  10. cuppa tee

cuppa tee Well-Known Member

Maybe when J£D1 has a bit of time off counting his money he could look into this pile of Norwegian spruce
    dumped by his tenants occupying the old Normandy pub nearly a month ago and still blocking the footpath as I type...

image.jpeg

Last edited: Jan 26, 2018
    Angellic, Gramsci and editor like this.
  11. northeast

northeast Active Member

How can they keep letting developers get away with reducing affordable housing? Friend told me it's because it makes the development uneconomical. But he knows the targets of 40% for new builds before be buys the plot etc so if it's not affordable don't buy the land and start the project.

editor likes this.
  12. David Clapson

David Clapson Well-Known Member

friendofdorothy, bimble and ricbake like this.
  13. CH1

CH1 "Red Guard"(NLYL)

What a relief. They might have installed a special bar-unit with a fireplace for vomiting into as allegedly occurs at board meetings. Things are getting lively enough in my opinion.

14. northeast

northeast Active Member

Thank god could just see them kicking everyone out and setting up all his sub brands in the market no doubt on his lovely zero hour contracts. Seems like a flannels on its way mind....

Sports Direct seeking manager for Brixton ‘luxury destination’

15. ricbake

ricbake working out how

Sports Direct deal has collapsed on BBC 1 news now

16. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

17. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

There's quite evil companies set up to help greedy bastard developers successfully wriggle out of their s105/affordable provisions. It's not unusual for them to successfully do this even after the development is substantially underway (see: Brixton Square).

18. ricbake

ricbake working out how

From ES article - "The market is now under offer to another unnamed party."

19. Gramsci

Gramsci Well-Known Member

I'm no fan of the Council but this is how the system is set up by central government. Yes Councils can set 40% targets. It's central government that gave property developers the right to "viability assessments". Which of course are a load of bollox.

Property developers are into making a profit. Enriching themselves. That's how Capitalism operates.

One cannot expect characters like Knight to behave in any other way.

My problem with this particular Council, supposedly Labour, is that they believe Capitalism can work for people's good.

Take Pop Brixton - "social Capitalism" or the Council ideological belief they can influence property developers. Such as Network Rail. Work with them to produce "social" outcomes.

I can see the Council powers are limited. Through no fault of there own.

At the very least I would like to see local Labour Cllrs taking a more publicly critical stance towards property developers.

People like Jerry Knight are Capitalist scum. Be good to hear Labour Cllrs say this.

Verrmin like Jerry have been doing well out of sell off of Council housing, the gentrification of Brixton. He's only behaving in this way because local and central government don't stick up for the little man. But make sure the market works well for developers.

20. DietCokeGirl

The replacement artwork for the BOURGUEST bridge is up on Brixton blog - I don't know how to post pictures up here but it says 'Come in Love' on one side and 'Stay in Peace' on the other, in green and red. My first reaction was childish giggling cos I have a very immature sense of humour.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2018
  21. Angellic

Angellic Well-Known Member

[​IMG][​IMG]

22. Angellic

Just to say that I took it to Goodways Electronics in West Norwood. It was a firmware issue, me neither, and cost to repair is £38.00.

spitfire and alex_ like this.
  23. Angellic

I guess 'Come/arrive with Love' would be too many letters.

24. DietCokeGirl

Cheers for posting the pictures up. You deserve a nice cup of tea now and maybe some biscuits, make it an immediate priority.

25. Angellic

Thank you. I impressed myself and it was a simple right click then 'copy' and 'paste image'. Not sure what happened with the Goodways post tho.

26. David Clapson

Interesting. It's just a 5 minute job - you plug the TV into a PC (probably) and download a file from the manufacturer's web site. Or maybe the TV can grab the file on its own, without the help of a PC. The firmware is a bunch of instructions for the chip which controls the telly. Every electronics gadget has a chip and firmware - phones, cameras etc. They usually have a firmware update procedure explained in the manual. I've never heard of a power supply going on the blink because the firmware is out of date. Most odd. Sounds like the manufacturer didn't get the firmware right in the first place. £38 is very reasonable, what with the overheads for a bricks 'n mortar shop. And you've saved your telly from the landfill for a few more years. :)

Gramsci likes this.
  27. Nivag

Nivag Well-Known Member

28. David Clapson

The Esso sign over the bed and the medicine cabinets in the kitchen...so that some boring cunt with no taste can buy that furnished-from-a-skip vibe. Authenticity with no effort.

29. Lizzy Mac

Lizzy Mac Well-Known Member

Looks drafty.

30. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.