Brixton news, rumours and general chat - January 2018

Discussion in 'Brixton' started by editor, Jan 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

So I found myself in a Brixton cafe within earshot of an 'lifecoach entrepreneur' dispensing a litany of positive messages to his pupil. Rarely have I heard such a load of fucking bollocks. Repeating hackneyed uplifting tosh does not add any weight to the bullshit message, but that seemed to be the main theme. Aaargh!

alex_ likes this.
  2. Angellic

Angellic Well-Known Member

It's a Panasonic HD 24". Around 7 years old. Thanks.

3. spitfire

spitfire Toast

Yes that's classic Panasonic PSU behaviour aka the blinking red light of death. Unfortunately I have no experience of fixing them as we just RMA when they turn up like that.

4. Angellic

RMA? PSU?

5. spitfire

spitfire Toast

Sorry. Jargon.

Return to Manufacturer (Authorisation)
    Power Supply Unit

6. David Clapson

David Clapson Well-Known Member

What's the model number? Google that and 'power supply repair' and see what you get.

spitfire likes this.
  7. Angellic

Thanks, will do.

8. Twattor

Twattor Well-Known Member

This has probably been asked before, but does anyone know if the rat-inna-bun hot dog people by the tube are licensed? I don't see scores on the doors.

9. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Highly unlikely, I'd wager. I posted up about them before and they appeared to operating in the same way as all the other dodgy firms, complete with lurking lookout/muscle.

10. Maharani

Maharani Just like Heaven

Does anyone know who owns/runs hip hop chip shop?

11. alex_

alex_ Well-Known Member

12. Maharani

Ahhh thanks. That article though...what a self satisfied, partronising, posho who knows nothing of South london or hip hop. Anyway, she bigged them up so that’s good. I’m interested to know cos I know Chuck D was there last year with my favourite ever hip hop MC Rodney P of London Posse. They do a lot of gigs there. That’s why I’m drawn to it. Their prices seem reasonable as well and nice that it’s family run by the sounds of it.

13. theboris

theboris Well-Known Member

14. theboris

theboris Well-Known Member

I first knew the journalist over 20 years ago. She has well known issues - which she has constantly and solipsistically written about - but you're right, she is fucking patronising and annoying

Maharani likes this.
  15. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

FUCK YOU.

Oh and the owner Michael Lythgoe? Why he's the edgy, hip-hop loving, streetwise, gangsta ...er.. managing director of an "intimate team of estate agent professionals ensuring that personal touch." Keepin' it real! BOOM!

http://www.nelsonssales.com/branch/view/2

16. shakespearegirl

shakespearegirl just worked out taglines

The article is so patronising. The one thing that resonates with me is where she moans about the restaurant Beast, the most ridiculously overpriced, rip off, stuck up, wanky restaurant I've ever had the misfortune to go to. And the food wasn't that good at all..

Gramsci and editor like this.
  17. Maharani

So it’s not family run then?

The worst bit of the article is her opinion on people with long, fake nails. I would say boarding on racist to a degree.

Gramsci and editor like this.
  18. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

19. Angellic

Nothing like a bit of ghoul tourism. It'll be like those tours of Hollywood mansions before you know it.

editor likes this.
  20. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Nearly got knocked over on the street crossing on Brixton Road by three chorting yoof-twats on scooters roaring through a red light. They missed the terrified old lady in front of me by inches. They're apparently pretty much free to do as they please as the cops rarely give chase these days. :/

21. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

22. Maharani

Lizzy Mac - I'm loving FGY. I've been three times this week...the classes are excellent...the teachers are really cool, not the usual hippy, fluffy types you get in most yoga classes...they even play decent music..we had d n b today! Loving it is an understatement...I have a spring in my step...loads of energy and my skin feels amazing. £39 for 30 days it's well worth it, works out at £1,30 per class and I get to take a friend to one class for free...prices after the 30 days are competitive and I don't think I'll be able to stop now...I'd never thought I'd say I was addicted to exercise but with this I definitely am. Thanks for the tip.:D

23. Lizzy Mac

Lizzy Mac Well-Known Member

Who knew? I will do as many as I can in the 30 days and then maybe once a week or fortnight.
    It makes me feel amazing. And so bendy. Hardly anyone believes me when I tell them so I am pleased that you did
    : ) and have enjoyed it.

HelloNBD and Maharani like this.
  24. Maharani

I’m ready to sleep by 8pm these days! Rock and roll.

25. urbanspaceman

urbanspaceman Well-Known Member

26. djdando

djdando Well-Known Member

Oh the irony. I just come to this forum to hear such bollocks.

27. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

is that 'ironic' in an Alanis Morissette kind of way?

28. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

29. snowy_again

snowy_again Slush

Brixton Wave have suddenly started posting on FB.

Brixton Wave-Summer Special – Value My Time It's like they've not actually been to brixton, or frankly ever written copy:

"Festival Season at its Finest..

Brixton is inviting you to their festival season experience for 2018! The streets will be alive with music ,food and culture from all over the world, including arts and crafts for the bespoke taste.

Why spend time in the overcrowded busy, Grey Big smoke of West London? Save money and enjoy and relax in the colourful town of Brixton.

Meet real Londoners,Londoners greet your community and get the best out of South West London.

Shop, eat , drink and dance in Brixton’s history,Iconic landmarks such as the Peace Gardens, Electric Avenue , Windrush square .

If its good enough for David Bowie it’s good enough for you right?"

friendofdorothy likes this.
  30. Nanker Phelge

Nanker Phelge Monkey Boy

If it's good enough for David Bowie??????

Not sure he chose to be born in Brixton.

snowy_again likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.