Brixton news, rumours and general chat: Autumn - Winter 2018-19

Discussion in 'Brixton' started by editor, Nov 13, 2018.

1. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

I see that it's reached its target - maybe up it a bit to encourage more donations?

Rutita1 likes this.
  2. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Rutita1 likes this.
  3. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Gramsci likes this.
  4. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

5. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

A rubbish pic, but here's that steam train going through Brixton yesterday

2018-12-22_154523.jpg

6. Rutita1

Rutita1 Scum with no integrity, apparently.

Thanks editor I have messaged my colleague to suggest increasing the target, hopefully she will see my message soon.

We really would appreciate a retweet or two over the next 2 days also. I can scribe some tweets and PM them to you if that helps?

7. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Just put @brixtonbuzz in the tweets and I'll RT 'em.

Rutita1 likes this.
  8. DJWrongspeed

DJWrongspeed radio eros

Was in Morley's kitchen dept this week. They're practically giving stuff away. I worry for their future tbh. It's been a really bad year for the high street.

9. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

I fucking love the 414! 20181223_042910.jpg

BusLanes likes this.
  10. alcopop

alcopop Banned Banned

Cool, cheers

11. Gramsci

Gramsci Well-Known Member

I'm having a vegan Christmas. I managed to get nearly everything I want food wise from Nour Cash and Carry and the market. Nour Cash and Carry are very helpful and stock a surprising amount of stuff. And its imo cheap.

Also booze from the off license opposite Dogstar on CHL. He has been there for years and is struggling with people buying online/ supermarkets.

So tomorrow Id recommend supporting small shops/ market.

12. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

13. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

14. ShiftyBagLady

ShiftyBagLady Thinks she is a flower to be looked at

It's kind of odd. Seems it's a guest contributor's regular blog. I mean... odd.
    I'm not sure why it's there or where they're going with it. The previous one says men don't like fat or loud women. Not feeling this at all.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2018
    editor likes this.
  15. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Even by Brixton's usual high levels, there seems to be a shitload of police activity around the main drag right now.

16. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Those UCKG fuckers are really pissing me off. It's bad enough having them hover around the tills at Iceland when you want to pack away your shopping in peace, but now they've taken to actually grabbing your goods and stuffing them in your own bag without asking.

Gramsci and brixtonblade like this.
  17. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Funny seeing so many pubs shut tonight in Brixton. Just passed the closed Prince of Wales, Market House and the Dogstar. Albert was open and the Railway is packed.

18. DietCokeGirl

DietCokeGirl All lost in the supermarket

Merry Christmas, Brixton Urbanites. Hope you're all having the best kind of day, however you're spending it.

19. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

20. David Clapson

David Clapson Infamous Knob

This so-called 'Posy' dreams of being another Bridget Jones. She's probably got a shortlist of actors to play her in the movie. She uses that trick of going strongly in one direction and then swerving in the other direction at the end. Awful hackery, and a rather dishonest mangling of her material. I may subscribe. Car crash columnism. She might get picked up by the Mail if she amps up the self-hatred. In the meantime she's persuaded the Brixton Buzz people that she can drive traffic. Or maybe she IS the Brixton Buzz, which was only ever meant to be a launching pad for Posy.

21. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Love it if this scumbag was caught:

22. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

There is no fucking way on earth Brixton Buzz publish inane drivel like this. It's published on the Brixton Blog which is a very different thing.

23. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

24. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

25. David Clapson

David Clapson Infamous Knob

See what I did there? I turned bullshit into clicks!

editor likes this.
  26. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

I'm not actually sure what you did, but maybe I should start my own diary of a lost and lonely posh foodie looking for a champagne'n'fromage quaffing lady in the alleys of Pop Brixton. Imagine the tribulations!

27. ShiftyBagLady

I find it so odd. It's outdated and irrelevant (the dating Ms Jones shtick), represents nothing about Brixton and is potentially offensive. What's the editor doing and why waste a perfectly good column on this?

28. ShiftyBagLady

Oh, I see.
    Is Brixton Blog a free for all then?

29. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

30. editor

editor Taffus Maximus