Brixton news, rumour and general chat - May 2014

Discussion in 'Brixton' started by Rushy, May 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. editor

editor hiraethified

Maybe that's a pun on bringing something back (i.e reversing the change) as I'm pretty sure they're going to know which way around it goes.

I've signed the petition anyway. Fuck these endless shitty cash sucking franchises that usually end up with the people at the top trousering large wages irrespective of performance.

http://www.bringbackbritishrail.org/

https://www.facebook.com/bringbackbritishrail

2. editor

editor hiraethified

3. teuchter

teuchter je suis teuchter

Well, that doesn't make any sense, as it's not BR that they want to reverse, but privatisation.

4. editor

editor hiraethified

I have no problem understanding their clearly written out aims:

Gramsci likes this.
  5. Crispy

Crispy The following psytrance is baṉned: All

Oh, I saw an actual road sign pointing to a station that had the BR logo mirrored the other day. Now where was it? >_<

6. teuchter

I saw one this morning in Nottinghamshire. There are quite a few of them about.

7. teuchter

I suspect the "bring back british rail" campaign is a false flag operation by the EU and their real aim is to continentalise our railways and make us run our British Trains their way (ie. the wrong way) around, on the right hand side instead of the left hand side. This is all part of a ploy to redesign our whole country to suit foreigners and not hard working British family commuters and holidaymakers. Thank goodness we now have some commonsense politicians over there to fight against this madness.

8. teuchter

Crispy I think there is one somewhere in south london and now I am going to be tormented by my attempts to remember where for the rest of the day, damn you :mad:

9. Crispy

Crispy The following psytrance is baṉned: All

If it helps, I think I saw it while driving between Clapham Park and Dulwich.

Maybe.

10. Effra Eyes

Effra Eyes Active Member

Ah, bugger, if I'd seen this in time/ not been at work until some stupid hour that night, I'd have been up for that. Hope all had fun.

Onket likes this.
  11. Onket

Onket Je suis [CONTENT REMOVED]

It's Power For The People-

http://www.powerforthepeople.org/

The sister campaign to the 'Bring Back British Rail' one.

Gramsci likes this.
  12. nagapie

nagapie Well-Known Member

I shouted at a jogger today. They got exasperated with me as they had to stop mid-jog while I moved slowly from the pavement into the bus. I think she expected me to deftly manoeuvre my pushchair out of her way but I was very sleep deprived and was not feeling nifty. Instead I shouted 'Oh for god's sake, that's so rude!' at her, she did look quite shocked. Take that gentrification.

13. EastEnder

EastEnder Brixton Barnacle

Was it leanderman?

leanderman likes this.
  14. nagapie

nagapie Well-Known Member

Not unless he's recently grown a ponytail and boobs.

gaijingirl, Greebo, Manter and 3 others like this.
  15. boohoo

boohoo No.

The jogger nagapie mentioned is female. I think you'll find leanderman is male - the name gives it away. :rolleyes:

EastEnder and Dexter Deadwood like this.
  16. Onket

EastEnder likes this.
  17. boohoo

boohoo No.

Cross dressing jogging?

Manter and nagapie like this.
  18. boohoo

boohoo No.

Onket - you organising next drinks? you suggested 24th?

19. Onket

Yes.

It's going to be a two tiered thing. The football is on at 5pm so we need somewhere showing that, then we can either try somewhere else or go to the Effra Social again.

People not interested in the football can turn up about 7pm.

I've already booked a half-day off work.

20. Rushy

Rushy AKA some / certain posters

Before or after?

21. Onket

On that day.

22. EastEnder

EastEnder Brixton Barnacle

This is the murky world of the internet. Someone swears blind they're a middle aged, married man, convinces you to meet up with them - turns out they were a 16 year old girl all along! :eek:

Happens all the time.

23. Manter

Manter Lunch Mob

I got shouted at* while out jogging this morning, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't by you ;)

*it was more of a leer than a shout tbf, so definitely not you

24. boohoo

boohoo No.

Leery shouting put me off jogging. Having said that, last time I went to the rec, we came across the pool pervert who was watching the ladies doing the water aerobics. He had goggles on and kept dipping under the water.

Last edited: May 28, 2014
  25. Rushy

Rushy AKA some / certain posters

I apologised profusely at the time.

Gramsci, Greebo, T & P and 4 others like this.
  26. editor

editor hiraethified

27. Onket

Which one is least worst? Shouty leerer or silent watcher.

I don't think I've ever leeringly shouted but I have definitely looked before. Glanced though, not stared. Honest.

28. boohoo

boohoo No.

The shouty ones - ignorance is bliss (?) However pool perv was only there to watch the women - he wasn't subtle. Although I doubt the ladies exercising were aware of him.

29. Manter

Manter Lunch Mob

I pretty much ignore it tbh. I always wonder what the success rate is- has anyone ever actually got their tits out when invited to by some random in the street?

Greebo likes this.
  30. Manter

Manter Lunch Mob

I look, doesn't everyone?

Don't they?!

Onket likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.