Brixton New Year's Eve 2018-2019 - where are you going to party for NYE?

Discussion in 'Brixton' started by editor, Dec 24, 2018.

1. editor

editor hiraethified

So where is everyone off this year? I'm DJing the Effra Social and I'm pleased to say it's going to be free all night.

After that I might crash into the Dogstar and then the 414, but these things do tend to go a bit awry on NYE!

[​IMG]

Gramsci and clandestino like this.
  2. editor

editor hiraethified

BusLanes likes this.
  3. Nanker Phelge

Nanker Phelge Leave the gun. Take the cannoli.

Can't be arsed going out on NYE....

I don't even accept DJ gigs on NYE anymore...

4. marty21

marty21 One on one? You're crazy.

Clapton, when I say Clapton, I mean a flat in Clapton, when I say a flat in Clapton , I mean my flat in Clapton.

Numbers, oryx, Mrs Miggins and 3 others like this.
  5. alcopop

alcopop Banned Banned

Does anyone even bother these days?

6. Pickman's model

Pickman's model Starry Wisdom

When you say a flat in Clapton you mean your front room, and when you say your front room you mean your comfy chair in front of the telly :p

Mrs Miggins likes this.
  7. Mr Retro

Mr Retro Beware hedgehogs

Nobody over the age of 30 who has any brains

alcopop likes this.
  8. alcopop

alcopop Banned Banned

Waiting for the first moron to post then...

9. editor

editor hiraethified

alcopop banned till after the new year along with Mr Retro for infantile trolling. Things really are going to change in the new year.

10. Pickman's model

Pickman's model Starry Wisdom

Permabans rather than these temporary efforts?

Gramsci and Nanker Phelge like this.
  11. pesh

pesh Well-Known Member

NYE is shit though...
    like a drunk and coked up Black Friday sale.

12. xsunnysuex

xsunnysuex Life is a horizontal fall.

Might just pop out my front door to watch the Thames fireworks from the balcany. Just as I do every other year!

editor likes this.
  13. editor

editor hiraethified

I dunno. Depends where you go. The Albert back in the day used to be great. And if Xmas Eve was anything to go by, the Railway will be bloody good too. I've no idea what the Effra will be like but at least it's free.

14. Puddy_Tat

Puddy_Tat hmm

not going to be anywhere near brixton, but just a minor public service announcement to add that a number of brixton (and other london) bus routes that don't normally have a night service will have an all night service (although may only be every 30 minutes) on night of NYE - including brixton routes 109, 118, 333, 415, 432. This page (not TFL but pretty reliable) has timetables.

Regular night bus routes will be operating a Saturday night service, although many south london routes won't get any closer to central london than elephant, due to all the road closures. more on TFL page here.

editor likes this.
  15. editor

editor hiraethified

16. editor

editor hiraethified

17. cuppa tee

cuppa tee Well-Known Member

20 notes not bad for a dj of Greg Wilsons stature but I am saving my pennies for tomorrow when there will be less peeps hogging the bar

18. editor

editor hiraethified

This amused me

49089548_10161156231965521_7514012762859634688_o.jpg

19. editor

editor hiraethified

They do good nights at the Prince of Wales but £50 for Phonox with their resident DJ playing is way over the top, as is £45 for the same resident band they have at the Blues Kitchen most weeks. I dare say they'll both sell out, mind.

20. cuppa tee

cuppa tee Well-Known Member

I not sure how busy it will be......the last couple of years the streets this side of town have been echoing to the sound of wheelie bags pre NYE but this year they are silent.

editor likes this.
  21. editor

editor hiraethified

So the Effra Social turned out to be a bloody great night where they broke their record for bar takings! We then headed off to catch the last hour of the Railway which was good too before ending up in the mighty 414 where there was still a busy crowd of all ages at 6am!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

In photos: 6am New Year’s Day 2019 at the Club 414, Brixton

22. editor

editor hiraethified