1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Brixton helicopter thread

Discussion in 'Brixton' started by Minnie_the_Minx, Jul 5, 2008.

1. Ninjaprints

Ninjaprints Well-Known Member

some hipster probably got his beard nicked on Effra road again

2. Ninjaprints

there go on chopper, fuck off, I am trying to watch jayce and the wheeled warriors here

3. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

For the sake of completeness: here's the noisy fecker.

cop.jpg

Dexter Deadwood likes this.
  4. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Ah, it's gone. Huzzah!

5. katie_m

katie_m Well-Known Member

Persistent bugger, wasn't it?

6. Ninjaprints

editor you totally live on my street, same angle and everything haha

7. Rushy

Rushy AKA some / certain posters

:D A few years ago two paramedics turned up on my doorstep at 7.30am to collect the body of the stabbing victim. I told them I wasn't aware of one. They insisted that this was the right address but then left. 2 mins later a squad car skidded around the corner and the police proceeded to search my house from top to bottom. I had a lodger in the basement at the time who was a bit of a hoarder but away in the States.You should have seen their faces when they walked into his pitch black room full of junk shop furniture and bike and engine parts. I reckon they were convinced they were going to find more than one victim! Apparently a child had called form a public phone in Clapham North giving my address and saying they'd witnessed their Mum being repeatedly stabbed.

8. Ninjaprints

you dirty dog rushy, that poor kids mum

9. Rushy

They never looked under the ...

10. Ninjaprints

or in the bed by the sound of it, what where you stabbing her with?

11. colacubes

colacubes Well-Known Member

I was just out in the centre while it was hovering but nothing of any excitement that I can see in the market or the high street.

Rushy likes this.
  12. Rushy

And you called me a dirty dog :eek:

13. Not a Vet

Not a Vet are we nearly there yet?

According to their twitter feed, they saw someone acting dodgy by the cash points in Brixton and directed local units to arrest someone

14. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Dirty great big Chinook flying around.

15. Dexter Deadwood

Dexter Deadwood Left Voluntarily Enforced Holiday Banned

I was having a power nap and i thought that sounded like a military aircraft. Maybe the revolution is about to start and overlords are getting worried.

16. bolgerp

bolgerp Well-Known Member

Hello.... I'm new! Found this forum after searching "Chinook Brixton" and here we are........ yes, it was ridiculously loud. I could see it out of my bedroom window here in L Junction... looks like it was hovering over Ruskin Park... not sure why!

17. Dexter Deadwood

shygirl and editor like this.
  18. shygirl

shygirl Well-Known Member

There's a 'copter overhead my block on Gresham Road. Has there been an increase in flights lately? Does anyone know if the flights are related to actual incidents in the area or are they patrols, so to say? Its getting on my fucking nerves.

Dexter Deadwood likes this.
  19. Dexter Deadwood

I thought i could hear it again over the sound of the football. It was right over my home as well. I think it's gone now.

20. shygirl

Let's hope it won't be back!

21. ash

ash Inittogether

Going mental over ferndale rd at the moment

22. Dexter Deadwood

Circling around my home in Canterbury Crescent as well, i can hear the fucker coming back this way. A good police helicopter would have mufflers on it.

23. ash

ash Inittogether

Good point but I suppose they have those heat detecting things you see on police, camera, action so there's no place to hide :mad:
    It's back :mad:

24. Dexter Deadwood

Helicopter is back. The waspish black and yellow one with the loud engine, circling in a clear blue sky.

25. SpamMisery

SpamMisery I bet you think this tagline's about you?

I vote for more helicopters, they scare off the burglars

26. friendofdorothy

friendofdorothy it is so much worse than Thatcherism now

I woken at about 5am this morning by helicopter circling overhead near Railton Rd /Brockwell park - anyone else? or was it just me? who was it and what was up? Think I normally sleep through this.

I'm feeling sleep deprived as I have to get up at 6am anyway and that last hour is precious to me. My sniffles of yesterday have become a a proper nasty cold, so I'm a proper grumpty old woman now.

27. friendofdorothy

Why do think they scare burglars? have burlary statistics changed in this area since the police started buzzing around?

28. shygirl

Several of us raised it in Lambeth community police consultative group some years ago, arguing that it would be far more cost effective to have extra coppers on the streets rather than noisy, disruptive helicopters. They seemed to back off for a while, maybe it would be worth finding out if they are routine or only in response to incidents.

29. friendofdorothy

Thanks - can waking us all up at 5am ever just be routine? I hope not....

30. shygirl

You're right, guess I was thinking about the nightly 8 pm-ish we've been having a lot of lately.