Brixton food news: new restaurants, pop ups, cafes and more

Discussion in 'Brixton' started by Onket, Dec 6, 2011.

1. ash

ash Inittogether

Interesting - do you know if it’s open lunchtimes

2. Yage

Yage Active Member

Indeed it is! I was there about 2pm

3. ash

ash Inittogether

Oh will give it a go - interesting use of Beef on the menu as I don’t suppose they are allowed to cook with it in Goa. Prices are very reasonable.

4. jimbarkanoodle

jimbarkanoodle Well-Known Member

ill give it a goa too

editor and Yage like this.
  5. Yage

Yage Active Member

It was a good size portion and tasted very fresh. The lady serving was very pleasant and threw in the home made chutney for free.

That site has seen a number of ventures try and fail over the years. I’d love to see this one stay.

6. Ms T

Ms T Honey-coloured ramparts

Was just in Goa and they do eat beef and pork but mainly chicken and seafood. Will definitely check this place out as Goan food is amazing.

7. ash

ash Inittogether

We were in India decades ago and I thought it was illegal to slaughter cows and eat beef. I know Goans are Christian not Hindu - maybe they are more flexible with rules about cows these days (or I have got it wrong) . The only food I remember from Goa was a very runny egg curry but I was vegetarian in those days so missed the options of all the amazing seafood !!

8. Ms T

Ms T Honey-coloured ramparts

It is in lots of states but not Goa.

9. urbanspaceman

urbanspaceman Well-Known Member

10. isvicthere?

isvicthere? a.k.a. floppybollocks

Ain't goin' to give it a Goa. :(

editor likes this.
  11. Casaubon

Casaubon Well-Known Member

I was in Panjim last month, and very surprised to see beef on the menu in a couple of restaurants.
    Later, in Kerala, I was even more surprised to see beef butchers operating openly and without fuss.

The sort of fundamentalist Hinduism that’s holding sway over much of the ‘cow belt’ doesn’t seem to be gaining much traction in the South.

Gramsci and ash like this.
  12. editor

editor Forked with electrons

Another plucky local start-up gets given a break at the community hub that is Pop Brixton. Oh no wait.... :rolleyes:

Gramsci likes this.
  13. cuppa tee

cuppa tee Well-Known Member

14. editor

editor Forked with electrons

"The sleek interior at Roe, the latest addition to foodie destination Pop Brixton"

Whatever happened to the community hub it was supposed to be?

Gramsci likes this.