1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Brixton food news: new restaurants, pop ups, cafes and more

Discussion in 'Brixton' started by Onket, Dec 6, 2011.

1. Smick

Smick Strictly Second Class

That's not too far off what you'd pay in the shops. A 330ml would be about £1.50 so an extra quid for delivery seems ok to me.

2. shakespearegirl

shakespearegirl just worked out taglines

Lamb chops!

Mr shakes is veggie (and half Indian) he always goes fir veggie dansak and rice and dhal.

Smick i meant that was cheap fir delivery booze.

Smick likes this.
  3. Lizzy Mac

Lizzy Mac Well-Known Member

I'll be giving those a try. Thanks, always good to get a recommendation.

4. Maharani

Maharani Just like Heaven

I found my last curry paradise very bland but I’m a big spice head...not the drug, chillies! However, my 11 year old who is a massive foodie also said the same and her palate is insane. Naturally very intuitive with flavours. I would ask them to madras it up a bit if you like it hot like me.

5. Lizzy Mac

Lizzy Mac Well-Known Member

I keep meaning to suggest that you check out Whirled Cinema for a pop up curry night. They had a tie in with Firezza before they left and I think they've linked up with another pizza place, I can't quite recall the email. It may not be suitable at all but it's worth a think about.

catriona and Maharani like this.
  6. sw16er

sw16er New Member

I ordered a delivery from them last night, was too tired and cold to bother jumping on a bus at Streatham Hill to go down and pick it up from them. The delivery time was OK....like just under an hour which is what they state on their website even though the shop called me to say they were running 15 minutes late. An hour does seems a little excessive for delivery time but hey ho. I can't really complain because the food was good as per norm and they threw in a couple of free soft drinks to the order.

7. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

I went to the Van Gogh vegan restaurant recently on Brixton Road. Bloody marvellous place run as a social enterprise.
    Food was great, service excellent and it's run by someone who actually gives a fuck about supporting the local community. 10/10.

alex_ likes this.
  8. Maharani

Is that Van Gogh closing down?

9. Maharani

Has anyone bee. To Courtesan since it reopened?

10. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

No. I really like the place.

11. gaijingirl

gaijingirl Well-Known Member

I was at Van Gogh a few weeks ago too - it's very cosy and welcoming.

editor likes this.
  12. Maharani

Let me check that info. I’m sure I saw something on fb

13. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

It's definitely not closing. I was talking to the owner last week.

14. Maharani

Sorry. You’re right. It’s somewhere else but I can’t remember where.

15. tripadvisah

tripadvisah New Member

I have. it hasn't really changed.. the previous time I went I wasn't impresed and about 6 weeks ago I went again and didn't enjoy the food much. wine still great though. Interior looks much the same

16. Maharani

I’m thinking of the place people from the public can go in and cook. Also a community cafe.

17. peterkro

peterkro Greasin' on American Express card.

Bonnington?

editor likes this.
  18. Maharani

19. Ms T

Ms T Honey-coloured ramparts

I went to Saigon Bistro in Streatham again last night with hendo, han and bluenun. It really is terrific food, inexpensive, the staff are lovely and they donate 10% of tips to charity. I really recommend it.

gaijingirl and shakespearegirl like this.