1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Brixton food news: new restaurants, pop ups, cafes and more

Discussion in 'Brixton' started by Onket, Dec 6, 2011.

1. Ms T

Ms T Honey-coloured ramparts

I do use the Pret near work quite a bit as the coffee is good and I like the staff. I sometimes benefit from the free coffee despite being not particularly working class these days. ;)

2. teuchter

teuchter je suis teuchter

Went to that Booma place, on Brixton Rd, last night.

It was nice enough. Although the beer setup is a bit gimmicky it's good to be able to have some nice beer instead of being stuck with cobra etc as in most indian restaurants.

A bit pricey though. The tendency to "small plates" in so many places now is a scourge and a bit of a scam if you ask me.

3. Ms T

Ms T Honey-coloured ramparts

Not Brixton per se, but I can heartily recommend Saigon Bistro at theBrixton side of Streatham (just past the Decorator's Mate). Fantastic Vietnamese food, very reasonably priced. I'm still thinking about yesterday's lunch!

sw16er and gaijingirl like this.
  4. aka

aka Brixton Hill

Eat? Pointless try hards. <wipes dribble from chin>
    Though to be fair, the Eat "Quinoa and Buckwheat" is the best brekkie. (No honey no banana).

5. aka

aka Brixton Hill

No

6. Maggot

Maggot .

Their sarnies are better than Pret.

I've never understood the use of try hard as an insult.

7. aka

aka Brixton Hill

It was qualified.

8. shakespearegirl

shakespearegirl just worked out taglines

It’s excellent food and very well priced..

9. ViolentPanda

ViolentPanda Hardly getting over it.

I got told by a moustachio'd German coffee machine operator in Berlin that "latte iz not kaffee, iz milch" when I tried to order one (for my nephew, not me). I ordered a straightforward Americano for myself, so was not on the receiving end of so much scorn for that part of the order. :oops:

10. ViolentPanda

ViolentPanda Hardly getting over it.

It's "try-hard" as in "trying much too hard".

11. teuchter

teuchter je suis teuchter

Is "casa brixton" on popes rd new or have I just never noticed it before?

12. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

13. shakespearegirl

shakespearegirl just worked out taglines

Had Sunday roast at Market House earlier. Last years Masterchef runner up has a Sunday pop up there. My pork belly was lush and Mr Shakes said his veggie bake was one of the best he’d had. On the pricey side for a pub roast really tasty

14. editor

editor Taffus Maximus