1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Brixton food news: new restaurants, pop ups, cafes and more

Discussion in 'Brixton' started by Onket, Dec 6, 2011.

1. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

I'm not looking for a bun fight - or, indeed, a brioche bun fight - I was just wondering if Pop had totally abandoned all pretence of it being something for start up locals.

2. phillm

phillm Trolling through Life (TM)

Oh I don't know I imagine they need to rent out spaces at no doubt a market rent but don't qoute me on that just a guess.

3. jimbarkanoodle

jimbarkanoodle Well-Known Member

Does a "Larger" really cost £9?

4. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Community price.

5. sparkybird

sparkybird ask the bird...

Went to the Ethiopian restaurant last night on Brixton hill, formerly Adams bakery. Same lovely people running it.
    I last ate Ethiopian food about 10 years ago and didn't much like it, so I was a bit apprehensive, but this was amazing. Lots of veggie options, I went for shiro wot which was a sort of chickpea Dal, really flavourful. Came with salad and enough injera (bread) to wrap up a small car. Stuffed for £7.90.

Mr SB had a meat option, which he liked too, although he reckoned mine was slightly better.
    They are licensed, if you want a beer or wine.
    And take outs.
    Friendly service and they were fine with providing a fork....
    Would recommend

catriona likes this.
  6. brixtonblade

brixtonblade Well-Known Member

Sounds good, will try it

7. dbs1fan

dbs1fan Well-Known Member

Apologies if this has already been discussed and I missed it.....why is Fujiyama closing today?

8. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

First I've heard of it :(

9. organicpanda

organicpanda cat herder extraodinaire

ate at Eat of Eden in the Village recently, lovely food and drinks, lovely staff and all vegan! and reasonably priced

10. Reiabuzz

Reiabuzz Well-Known Member

Well, the management nicked all their staff's 'service charge' and objected when they were questioned over it. Not much of a loss.

11. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

It was a shitty thing to do but I thought they resolved the matter years ago.

12. catriona

catriona chickweed

Yes, good place. I had their "platter" of two curries, quinoa & salad: delicious, healthy & not too pricey. Service was scatty but sweet. Open 7 days a week apparently.

13. phillm

phillm Trolling through Life (TM)

14. Winot

Winot I wholeheartedley agree with your viewpoint

I've been twice. They are good. Cooking reminds me a bit of Naughty Piglets on Brixton Water Lane.

phillm likes this.
  15. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

That has to be one of the most yuppie sounding restaurants ever opened.

sealion likes this.
  16. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Isn't £9 for a 'small plate' on the steep side? How many of those are you going to need to fill yourself up?

17. GOP

GOP Member

Locally based Elia Olive Oil have been importing speciality Greek food products since 2015. As regular traders at West Norwood Feast, Crystal Palace Food Market, Lambeth Country Show and Pexmas - we are known for our organic, cold pressed extra virgin olive oil. The oil has a low acidity rate of only 0.4% which lends to a smooth and fruity flavour.

We also stock high quality olives, honeys and herbs at reasonable prices compared to supermarkets and delicatessens.

Try it out for yourself! www.eliaoliveoil.co.uk

@eliaoliveoil