1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Brixton food news: new restaurants, pop ups, cafes and more

Discussion in 'Brixton' started by Onket, Dec 6, 2011.

1. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

No surprise there. Brixton is full of bored/curious foodies with cash to burn for the latest thing.

cuppa tee likes this.
  2. cuppa tee

cuppa tee Well-Known Member

cheers, I realised at time of posting I had got the wrong name but cba* to correct...soz

*couldnt be arsed

Last edited: Mar 8, 2017
    editor likes this.
  3. Angellic

Angellic Well-Known Member

Went to 500 Degrees pizza place last night just before 10pm. Was empty but good pizza and great staff.

4. discobastard

discobastard Proof-Read by Spores

'Cash to burn' or 'some disposable income one has the free will to choose what to do with'?

T & P likes this.
  5. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

From the perspective of some people living in one of London's most deprived wards, I'd guess they'd see it as them having money to burn if they're dining out all the time, and some of those new restaurants are very expensive indeed.

6. discobastard

There's an assumption in there that they're 'dining out all the time' - which isn't really the case. Combine that with the fact that it is people with 'some disposable income' (with younger people also having fewer financial commitments), not 'money to burn' and you are painting quite a distorted picture, which isn't helpful.

The issue around low income and deprivation is a big one, yes, and there is a huge divide in this country and particularly this city. But to constantly be harping on about the way some people choose to occasionally spend their disposable income as having cash to burn is just a waste of breath.

I am sure you spend money on stuff I wouldn't waste my time on. I would never dream of telling you what you should and shouldn't spend it on.

7. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Where have I been telling anyone, anywhere, what they should and shouldn't spend their money on? Why are you making up such silly stuff? :confused::confused::confused:

8. discobastard

Come on, don't be disingenuous. We are discussing choice, the choice to spend what disposable income you have in the way that you want. You seem critical of those with cash to burn. Hence my comment, it shouldn't be that hard to follow the logic so stop trying to derail what is a perfectly reasonable line of discussion.

9. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Er, here's what I actually said: "Brixton is full of bored/curious foodies with cash to burn for the latest thing."

I haven't got the time or inclination to deal with the many meanings you seem keen to project on to this simple statement, but a stroll around town most evenings will confirm its accuracy.

10. discobastard

Yes, and I corrected your distortion. So job done.

11. Winot

Winot I wholeheartedley agree with your viewpoint

Meraki "souvlaki bar" opening opposite Lidl on Acre Lane.

IMG_3443.JPG

editor likes this.