*Brixton flatshare thread

Discussion in 'Brixton' started by haushoch, Aug 13, 2004.

1. kati

kati New Member

Hiya - I'm looking for a Mon-Fri lodger/flatmate to take up a single room in my house in Oval (just off Brixton Road) - £105pw + bills. Can be flexible around move-in date.

More info here: http://www.spareroom.co.uk/6325753

2. quimcunx

quimcunx Too tall.

My lovely 21 year old friend is looking for a room, preferably around Brixton, sometime in the next couple of months. He needs it to be £450 or under inclusive and accept DSS.

3. Schlingers

Schlingers Well-Known Member

desperately need to move, me my partner and my dog are living with my parents and its really really not working, anywhere/anything pretty much anywhere in London- please give me a shout! Not in a great situation financially but 500-600 a month for a room we can fork out.
    thanks!
    (will post in London group as well)

4. Ms Ordinary

Ms Ordinary randompointlesschemistry

Big double / studio room available where I live, own bathroom & kitchen facilities but not en-suite:
    Brixton | Spacious Bright Double Room

It's listed as 'No Housing Benefit' on SpareRoom as sadly I think the price combined with the fact that it's technically a room & not a self-contained flat would almost certainly make that unworkable.
    But having been a HB claimant in the past, I know that it can cover all kinds of situations, so it's absolutely not a blanket ban if it can be worked around...

It's lovely & spacious, can be furnished or unfurnished, & looks out on to the garden.
    Very quiet & friendly estate (St Matthews).
    Pets considered - there's a catflap to the garden door, and close to Rush Common & Brockwell Park.
    I've lived & worked in Brixton / Herne Hill for 20 years and am a nice dependable person to live with.

5. handy1

handy1 A certain Man U fan ; )

There is a very good chance that I will be working in Battersea very soon and would need somewhere to stay. I would prefer Brixton or as near as possible. So I am looking for a room that doesn’t require a ridiculous deposit and my top limit is £800.00 pm all in. Cheers. Haydn. ETA I’m male, 53, veggie pretty quiet

Last edited: Mar 19, 2018
  6. zoe

zoe Well-Known Member

Hi. I have a room in v. central Brixton, ex-council flat, 2 mins from tube, quiet, light and airy, spacious with great views. Sharing with me (I'm a part-time speech therapist and student). I do need some quiet to study, looking for approx. 500 a month (negotiable).

handy1 and editor like this.
  7. Rosalind1

Rosalind1 New Member

Hi Zoe!
    I’m interested in your room, am a longtime Brixton resident, working, friendly, loves cats etc...would I be able to come round and see it and you could inspect me?

handy1 likes this.
  8. handy1

handy1 A certain Man U fan ; )

Sorry, I meant to erase this post as I am sorted now. Good luck

9. DietCokeGirl

DietCokeGirl [Your Ad Here]

Good friend of mine is looking for a room around South London, around £600 per month, anyone know of anything?