1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

*Brixton flatshare thread

Discussion in 'Brixton' started by haushoch, Aug 13, 2004.

1. Brixton Hatter

Brixton Hatter edge of heaven

twistedAM - you still looking? Have sent you a PM...

2. Mrak

Mrak Yuppie and hipster

Looking for a flat for me and my partner (academic + City of London employee) + cat. 1 or 2 beds. Not necessarily only in Brixton - happy to go further S/SE (i.e. Streatham/Norwood) for cheaper rent/bigger flat. Anyone heard of anything?

3. snowy_again

snowy_again Slush

Are you moving already?

4. Mrak

Mrak Yuppie and hipster

Stalker!

(In a month. 6 month lease up).

5. Badgers

Badgers Mr Big Shrimp

There is a small double (or large single?) room available in a house share. Just off Loughborough Road near Myatts Fields Park and the Minet Library.

Furnished and currently unoccupied.

£420 security deposit
    £475pcm including all bills

House has Wi-Fi
    Big (if scruffy) garden
    Free on street parking

PM if interested

6. Badgers

Badgers Mr Big Shrimp

Room is gone ^

7. idumea

idumea no war but the bass war

I'll be on the look-out for a flat in Brixton/environs come December. Budget around 500pm

Last edited: Oct 29, 2013
  8. tjs

tjs New Member

Looking for a flat/room in a house share around Brixton/Stockwell kind of area.

Having lived in Tulse Hill before, I'd prefer to stay more towards Brixton going into Stockwell, or central to the areas themselves

Professional, working full time, 24, rented around London since 2008. Looking to move either at the beginning of November or the end.

Budget up to £650pcm (with bills).

9. Badgers

Badgers Mr Big Shrimp

Professional?

Nanker Phelge likes this.
  10. tjs

tjs New Member

Working full time would have been sufficient. Carried away!

11. idumea

idumea no war but the bass war

Looking for somewhere around Brixton Hill, Streatham, Tooting - budget around £500 - £550. From January. (Still looking...)

12. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

A friend of mine is looking for a single room somewhere around Brixton. Any suggestions welcomed!

13. Brixton Hatter

http://www.moveflat.co.uk is good for finding rooms in houseshares

14. tbtommyb

tbtommyb Well-Known Member

I find they tend to be more expensive than others. Spare Room is good.

Oh and I'm looking now if anyone is looking for a flatmate. Various Urbanites can attest to me being ok.

15. Brixton Hatter

editor idumea This was in the window of Brixton Wholefoods yesterday:

"Room to rent
    own bathroom
    deposit required
    £475 inc
    sharing with artist
    07523 226685"

editor likes this.
  16. snowy_again

snowy_again Slush

gone

Last edited: Mar 23, 2014
  17. Miss-Shelf

Miss-Shelf Up to my tits in quilts

the gold standard of references:D

18. ffsear

ffsear Well-Known Member

Last edited: Apr 8, 2014
  19. Rohan

Rohan New Member

Hey.

I'm leaving my house near the Academy in a few weeks time.
    Does anyone know of any rooms going within a ten minute walk of Brixton station?
    (One or two rooms potentially as my house mate is looking too and it would be cool if we could both move together).

Alternatively I'm looking to 'buddy up' to rent a whole house.
    PM me if any suitable leads.

Gentrification is a double edged sword. Been priced out of my lovely house as the landlord is selling it. BUT wow there are some good places to eat around town...

Cheers

R

20. RAAAHH

RAAAHH Well-Known Member

21. Cpatain Rbubish

Cpatain Rbubish Only available on conscription

I'll take it!

22. Cpatain Rbubish

Oh, ladies only :(

23. RAAAHH

RAAAHH Well-Known Member

Nope we don't have a preference on gender.

24. Cpatain Rbubish

25. sparkybird

sparkybird ask the bird...

Hello Urbs

Me and Mr Sparkybird and looking for a Monday to Friday lodger for our house in Brixton (just off Brixton Hill). The room is a double with sole use of bathroom and to share with just us two and a friendly fluffy cat. Ideally looking for a non meat eater as I don't eat meat. Rent is £500 all in.

PM me if you know anyone who's interested and I can send more details

Many thanks

SB

Oh, I should add that we are each either side of 50, so not looking for a party animal!

26. artyfarty

artyfarty A shed on a ditch.

I'm looking for someone to rent my narrowboat. You will need to be practical. It's 45 ft long, not very wide!! and the ceiling is only 6ft 1.
    There is no washing machine, no TV and you will have to move every couple of weeks.
    You will need to be practical. The electrics are 12 volt solar powered meaning you cant plug a hairdryer, iron, micowave or a computer in. You will have to change gas bottles in the rain, bash in mooring spikes with a lump hammer, build the stove when you get home on a freezing wet January evening. It's a bit like camping in a shed on the water. But it is a lovely way to live.
    It has a small double bed, a very small bathroom, galley kitchen with oven etc. a woodstove that gets very warm in the winter.
    It's moored in Hackney at the moment, your options for mooring are mainly around East London/River Lea.
    It sounds lovely and bohemian and all that but in reality it's hard but rewarding. It might suit a couple with a good relationship (nowhere to hide after a row) or a single person. Did I mention you will need to be practical. Pets are fine. I'm more interested in finding the right person than making money, I just need to cover my costs which are £500 a month (loan, licence and insurance.)
    PM me if interested.

27. MayaE

MayaE Well-Known Member

Hi there,

I am flat hunting in the 1 mile radius centred around Brixton Water Lane.

Looking for a studio or a 1-bed flat let. Any term (i.e. short or long).

Would appreciate any help in connecting with a nice landlord.

Thank you!
    M.

28. jimbarkanoodle

jimbarkanoodle Well-Known Member

looking for a room in Brixton, Tulse hill, Herne Hill, West Norwood or Stockwell from September 25th.

Would rather not pay more than £500 pcm, but this can vary on the circumstances. im 28 year old male, very laid back, sociable and easy going.

If anyone knows anything going, do please let me know.

thanks!

29. playghirl

playghirl Well-Known Member

Hi,

I am looking for a gap fill in November...a rounds 1st November for 7-10 days. Have two weans.

30. gabi

gabi Banned Banned

Anyone know of a one bed place going in brixton or herne hill? Trying to avoid agencies.