1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

*Brixton flatshare thread

Discussion in 'Brixton' started by haushoch, Aug 13, 2004.

1. MariaLeFrink

MariaLeFrink New Member

I am currently living in Brixton Hill, right in the residential area right next to the prison. I love it. I love my flat! I love my big double room, this will be my third Christmas now.
    My problem is that the relationship I have with my flatmate has quickly deterioarated for some time now. I am on the lookout for somewhere in the same area, would love a flatshare.
    The last 3 years I have spent trying to placate my sociopathic flatmate so I am really looking to move out, but not out of the area. I am originally born and bred from Camberwell, but I actually really love Brixton so I want to stay and possibly make some new friends that don't make me grind my teeth in frustration!

2. gabi

gabi Banned Banned

Posting on behalf of a friend on her way over from germany soon...

PM if any of you lot know of anything going :)

Hello!
    I am a 25-year old student of conservation from Dresden, Germany, and will spend six months in London to do an internship (I should arrive beginning of february).
    Therefore I am currently looking for a room, preferably in a flat with nice, sympathic flatmates. As I will be working 9-5 I guess I will be very busy especially in the beginning. Nevertheless, it would be great if could find a flat where people once in a while do spend some time together, cooking, having a glass of wine, etc.
    Also, it should be possible to reach South Kensington underground station (SW7) in about one hour and I can spend max. 100 pound pw.
    If you have an idea how I could find such a place or where to stay in the beginning, please let me know.

3. scifisam

scifisam feck! arse! girls! drink!

My GF's moving out of her place and into mine, and I've agreed to help the landlady find a new tenant. Here's the ad on Spare Room. It's in West Dulwich and is a really nice, big room. No shared sitting room, however, and she'd much prefer a Monday-Friday let. £550pcm inc. all bills and a cleaner (not real urbans!)

wtfftw and Greebo like this.
  4. Miss-Shelf

Miss-Shelf Magnum fairy

scifisam hey that relationship is going well then :cool:

5. scifisam

scifisam feck! arse! girls! drink!

Yup. :) And living together will save so much money.

Greebo, gaijingirl and Thimble Queen like this.
  6. zenie

zenie >^^<

Still looking :)

7. sparkybird

sparkybird ask the bird...

8. tbtommyb

tbtommyb Well-Known Member

urgh, browsing for flats is depressing. Still, whenever someone says 'we live near the vibrant Brixton market' I can take the warning.

9. zenie

zenie >^^<

tbtommyb likes this.
  10. ash

ash Inittogether

11. zenie

zenie >^^<

Yeh, how much is 8 nights a month babysitting worth?!!

12. tbtommyb

13. zenie

zenie >^^<

Dunno, I've only ever lived with mates or on my own! :D where are you looking?

14. tbtommyb

Kind of Brixton to Peckham end of things, I've been in the area for a little while and want to stay now. I have a pretty decent place already, but it is expensive and dull so I'm thinking of pastures new.

15. zenie

zenie >^^<

S
    i meant what websites sorry :D I am looking Brixton to Waterloo...

16. tbtommyb

haha sorry! Spareroom and moveflat at the minute. I've had good experiences with Spareroom but you do kind of need to pay. Though I did see your babysitting one on spareroom as well!

17. Badgers

Badgers Mr Big Shrimp

18. Maggot

Maggot .

My friend's son is looking for a cheapish room in the Brixton area. He's an affable 22 year old musician. Any offers considered.

19. Rushy

Rushy igam ogam

You don't look old enough...

Miss-Shelf and Maggot like this.
  20. Thimble Queen

Thimble Queen Well-Known Member

A mate of mine is looking for a room. Budget around 500/600 quid pcm. If anyone knows of any rooms going drop me a pm :)

21. EmmaD

EmmaD New Member

22. el-ahrairah

el-ahrairah forward communism, forward gerbils!

i guess that's alright if you don't have any belongings.

where do the grown-ups live? not brixton :(

23. Linzi Louise

Linzi Louise Banned Banned

J W Lettings are a good company for rooms and flats. mostly in Brixton Acre Lane and Coldharbour Lane
    0208 678 1207

24. zenie

zenie >^^<

On the hunt again. :( have to move Tuesday as building is 'unsafe' looking for anything really, short term is fine as well.

25. cuppa tee

cuppa tee Well-Known Member

saw a sign in the dry cleaners on brixton road opposite Jamm advertising a furnished room to rent in their window

26. zenie

zenie >^^<

Thanks will take a look later on. :)

27. thriller

thriller Last of the world's good men Banned

why aren't staying with friends or relative

28. twistedAM

twistedAM Left Of The Dial

Need somewhere from 10 August onwards if anyone has a room going spare.

29. EmmaSharez

EmmaSharez Classy X

I might do from September 8th if that helps?

30. twistedAM

twistedAM Left Of The Dial

The owner is selling the flat from 11th August and wants me out. Since I told her to go get a proper job rather than buying and selling property and stocks, I doubt she'll extend it. So, sorry, I need somewhere before September.