Brixton chitter chatter, part 2

Discussion in 'Brixton' started by editor, Jun 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ajdown

ajdown Posting in this thread

When you're catering for them, party, or just out for a meal.

Plus often vegetarians, and particularly vegans, are often particularly self-righteous about they're so much more "ethically aware" than you are as to their diet choice, rather than simply keeping quiet and respecting your rights to eat what you fancy.

2. Nanker Phelge

Nanker Phelge Leave the gun. Take the cannoli.

Sounds to me like you just know some right cunts. All the vegans and veggies I know are pretty low key and don't bother me much with their choice of diet.

Meat eaters, on the hand, will often pipe up about their rights and cry if there's not something dead on their dinner plate.

3. teuchter

teuchter je suis teuchter

What rights are those? Who are they granted by?

4. colacubes

colacubes Well-Known Member

Anyone know what's going on with Judy's Divine? I walked passed earlier and it was closed and a lot of the inside of the shop had been pulled out but with no sign of activity or refurbishment. I hope it's not closed :(

5. nick h.

nick h. Eat

She's closed it - apparently fed up with the behaviour of some of her customers.

6. colacubes

That's really sad. Have to say if those are her reasons I can't really blame her given the behaviour I've seen occasionally when I've been in there late. If I had to put up with it every day and night I'd have shut a long time ago :(

7. editor

editor hiraethified

Exactly.

8. urbanspaceman

urbanspaceman Well-Known Member

http://www.scoresonthedoors.org.uk/business/judy-s-divine--310777.html

Given its one star (out of five) food hygiene rating, perhaps this is not such bad news for Brixton's collective digestive tract.

9. nick h.

nick h. Eat

I have to say that I stopped going after a goat curry tested my bathroom plumbing to the limit. And it cost seven quid!

10. Minnie_the_Minx

Minnie_the_Minx someinenhhanding menbag and me ah bollox

Is everyone now looking up their favourite restaurants on that Scores on the Door website? :D

Khan's - 2 stars

11. nick h.

nick h. Eat

Has anyone seen a video of the arrests on Coldharbour Lane the other day? Apparently lots of people filmed it. I heard that Wojtek of the Prince Albert has put a video on his Facebook page. I'd love to see it but I can't find Wojtek on FB as I don't know his surname.

12. colacubes

I just checked and he's got a couple of photos but no vid. They're not especially illuminating.

13. nick h.

nick h. Eat

Oh well. Thanks anyway.

14. Pip

Pip Well-Known Member

Big fire at the Circle Bar on Clapham Road :eek: had to jump over a series of walls to get home :mad:

15. Paulie Tandoori

Paulie Tandoori shut it you egg!

16. Mrs Magpie

Mrs Magpie On a bit of break...

I won't miss it. That twat of a barman saying I could be arrested for buying you a soft drink as you were clearly underage.

17. sleaterkinney

sleaterkinney Well-Known Member

Does anyone know where I can get a bathroom ceiling light like this:

[​IMG]

In or around brixton?

18. Mrs Magpie

Ikea do a similar one and I'm going there on Tuesday if that's any help. Dead cheap iirc, about a fiver. It's not got a silver surround though.

19. colacubes

Brixton DIY maybe on Brixton Station Road in the arches. Otherwise there's a B&Q in West Norwood you can get to quite easily on the bus.

20. Pip

Pip Well-Known Member

Bless you Paulie, I won't shatter the illusion.

21. Pip

Pip Well-Known Member

There's a big light shop on Acre Lane. After Tesco but before Lidl.

22. Paulie Tandoori

i *heart* you Pip :D

23. Mrs Magpie

ikea light 001.JPG

It looks like this (it's on a sloping ceiling which makes it appear oval. It's not).

24. sleaterkinney

Cheers folks, I replaced the bulb in my one and when I put the cover back on tightened it too much and shattered the glass. Will have a look tomorrow eve.

25. quimcunx

quimcunx protestant traybake

26. sleaterkinney

Is there anything argos doesn't do?

27. Paulie Tandoori

plumbers grout?

28. quimcunx

quimcunx protestant traybake

dictatorships. I've been after one for ages but they're always out of stock.

29. Mrs Magpie

30. nick h.

nick h. Eat

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.