Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Brixton chitter-chatter and news - Oct 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rushy

AKA some / certain posters
The significance of the people carrier in relation to taking stuff to the dump is that it counts as a "car" whereas if you show up in a van they will charge you trade rates for waste disposal. In theory at least.
It depends who is driving it too. I drive a pickup with a hood over the back tray so it looks a bit like an SUV. If I drive it I often get asked to pay. If the gf drives it she never has any problems.

story

Changing the facts
But it's not rained for weeks and weeks and weeks! Everything is parched!

Hoorah for normal predictable reliable weather.

quimcunx

protestant traybake
London seems to get less and less rain every year. It's been a very dry autumn.

It might count as a desert soon.

Orang Utan

knows how to use the three shells
But it's not rained for weeks and weeks and weeks! Everything is parched!

Hoorah for normal predictable reliable weather.
suits me! sunny autumn days are lovely/ that crispness that gives you the illusion of fresh unpolluted air. much better than wet and drizzly.

Thaw

Aye like, so it is.
Builders next door still drilling and hammering...at 11.40pm. Lambeth Noise Control on the way...

Thaw

Aye like, so it is.
Hmm, I think that sort of worked. Although they might have been starting to pack up anyway. There was a bit of an awkward silence with Noise Control sitting on the sofa and builders stubbornly refusing to drill or hammer. The bastards.

Minnie_the_Minx

someinenhhanding menbag and me ah bollox
Hmm, I think that sort of worked. Although they might have been starting to pack up anyway. There was a bit of an awkward silence with Noise Control sitting on the sofa and builders stubbornly refusing to drill or hammer. The bastards.
Always happens like that. Next time, record them!

Thaw

Aye like, so it is.
They were drilling when I talked to Noise Control (NC) on the phone so I think that won some sympathy. I thought about recording, but how do you prove from that where and when the noise was? Isnt it just going to be a recording of some drilling? I can also see myself turning into a strange loner with shelves full of tape-recordings of the neighbours. Slippery slope, etc.

Minnie_the_Minx

They were drilling when I talked to Noise Control (NC) on the phone so I think that won some sympathy. I thought about recording, but how do you prove from that where and when the noise was? Isnt it just going to be a recording of some drilling? I can also see myself turning into a strange loner with shelves full of tape-recordings of the neighbours. Slippery slope, etc.
A camcorder with the time on it. If you record the inside of your house whilst walking from room to room, it's obvious it's in your house and if the noise gets louder in one room, it's obvious where the noise is coming from

Thaw

Aye like, so it is.
Teuchter - I've spoken to them a couple of times before, when they've been working past 7 or all day at weekends and just get the stock response - "gotta be done mate", "just doing this socket, 5 more minutes". I admire the work ethic but they're taking the piss now.

editor

hiraethified
The 'Headmistress' hairdressers on the corner of Coldharbour/Gresham looks to have finally thrown in the towel - their idea of interior decor was to blow up some coloured balloons and have them floating about the shop - while the even shorter-lived 'Chow' restaurant three doors down has been taken over and is getting repainted.

Minnie_the_Minx

The 'Headmistress' hairdressers on the corner of Coldharbour/Gresham looks to have finally thrown in the towel - their idea of interior decor was to blow up some coloured balloons and have them floating about the shop - while the even shorter-lived 'Chow' restaurant three doors down has been taken over and is getting repainted.
I always smile at the Headmistress name on passing :D

Didn't that shop used to be the old army surplus gear shop? I seem to remember buying stuff in there in the 80s. (I think it was that location anyway)

Mrs Magpie

On a bit of break...
Hardware, tools, useful stuff generally if you like mending things. It was called Gresham Spares and it was one of my favourite shops.

Minnie_the_Minx

Hardware, tools, useful stuff generally if you like mending things. It was called Gresham Spares and it was one of my favourite shops.
Yeah, but they used to sell clothes as well, unless that was a shop before that? :hmm:

Can't remember if it was called Army & Navy or whether the name had changed and people still referred to it as that

Having just read your article, obviously not!

Status
Not open for further replies.