Brixton chitter-chatter and news - May 2012

Discussion in 'Brixton' started by Crispy, May 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sirena

Sirena Don't monkey with the buzzsaw

Smugglers Way won't take vans in the normal part. You would get away with a large car though.

2. Badgers

Badgers Mr Big Shrimp!

You can if you book in advance.

3. Onket

Onket Je suis [CONTENT REMOVED]

Trinity.

Hic.

They've got a lovely Thatchers cider in a box. 4.9%. Bit warm though- I told them to put it in the fridge.

RaverDrew and nipsla like this.
  4. colacubes

colacubes Well-Known Member

Mmmm - cider in a box :cool: May have to pay a visit over the weekend.

5. Onket

Onket Je suis [CONTENT REMOVED]

They've got two others too but one of them is some poncey berry flavoured one.

6. Brixton Hatter

Brixton Hatter Home is south London mate

There's a young lad lying on the ground outside superdrug with blood pouring out of his neck. Police herre, no ambulance yet. Doesn't look good.

7. Brixton Hatter

Police appealing for witnesses, did anyone see anything?

8. editor

editor hiraethified

That sounds awful :(

9. leanderman

leanderman Street Party: July 2

West Norwood recylcing centre does take garden waste

10. Brixton Hatter

Ambulance arrived and he looks to be in good hands now. He was breathing and conscious, but motionless. Hope he's ok. Looked about 18. Not sure whether it was a stabbing (as I first thought) or possibly he'd been hit by a car which didn't stop. He was lying right by the side of the road and they'd put a neck brace on, indicating suspected neck/spinal injury. Massive crowd had gathered.

I'm a bit shitted up after seeing that, I need a drink.

11. Brixton Hatter

There was a lady on the street saying her shop had caught everything on CCTV, so hopefully they'll be able to find out what happened.

I could have got a photo but I didn't think it was appropriate.

12. Minnie_the_Minx

Minnie_the_Minx someinenhhanding menbag and me ah bollox

Wondered what had happened there when I saw it all taped off. :(

13. crawl

crawl Gimme gimme gimme, don't ask what for

I was wondering why it was taped off. I don't know if a photo is inappropriate if it could help (directly after whatever occurred). Hope he's ok. Maybe it was another ninja bus whacking

Unrelated, but does anyone know where to sell a watch? I got a new battery for it from Mr. Watch Guy Whats His Face even. Only place I could find was across from San Marino, locally, and I doubt they'll give me anything much. I just don't want it and need the extra cash, but it's nice enough

Further unrelated: why must the creepy ice cream van blast its music at full volume? The wind carries, sir, and you give me goosebumps.

14. Minnie_the_Minx

Never heard of any ninja bus whacking on that side of the road. Outside The Beehive seems to be the most dangerous place for that

15. Orang Utan

Orang Utan razzed up on scrumpy and injustice

http://www.brixtonblog.com/man-assaulted-with-wooden-baton-outside-brixton-superdrug/5132

16. Minnie_the_Minx

There's a new place in Streatham. It's not called Cash Converters but I can't remember the name, and I'm afraid I didn't take much notice of what they were selling other than games consoles, mobile phones and cameras

crawl likes this.
  17. shygirl

shygirl Well-Known Member

One of the local shopkeepers didn't witness the attack, but heard from by-standers that a group of youths just ran up and whacked him around the head with a wooden baton. Little bastards. She wondered if it might be a gang initiation thing. I hope they got every one of them on CCTV.

18. boohoo

boohoo No.

I had a bit of a fright the other day when car whacked into another car pushing it up onto the pavement missing me and the buggie by about 3 metre. Thank god we weren't walking any slower.

19. shygirl

shygirl Well-Known Member

That must have shook you up.

20. gaijingirl

gaijingirl Well-Known Member

that's scary... poor you

21. boohoo

boohoo No.

Definitely left me quite shaky.

22. Badgers

Badgers Mr Big Shrimp!

:(

I hope he is okay. I have been in the brace before as a 'precaution' only so hopefully it is not too bad. Still horrid though, what a shame for a kid :(

23. Badgers

Badgers Mr Big Shrimp!

Turned out that vans were only allowed in till 1pm :mad: so we got sent to the Battersea one. Was a bit of a faff but job done.

24. Badgers

Badgers Mr Big Shrimp!

Where to get a BBQ in Brixton? Not wanting to spend much but don't want a 'wobbly' one.

25. Mrs Magpie

Mrs Magpie On a bit of break...

26. Badgers

Badgers Mr Big Shrimp!

Yeah, I guess they will do.

27. Ms T

Ms T Honey-coloured ramparts

Shit, I must have just missed this. Got on the 322 on Atlantic Rd at about 3.20. Hope he's alright.

28. Brixton Hatter

I just got one from Argos mate! They've got a sale on until Tuesday, check their website.

Also, the shop next door to the cage off-licence near you has been selling barbeques - those massive drum bbqs, but they have some smaller ones too.

29. Badgers

Badgers Mr Big Shrimp!

It seems Argos is the best bet. Did chat to the chaps selling the drum bbqs but they are a bit too much for us to spend.

30. Badgers

Badgers Mr Big Shrimp!

Lot of camera's round Brixton.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.