Brixton Brewery to partner with Heineken and move to bigger premises

Discussion in 'Brixton' started by editor, Nov 28, 2017.

1. CH1

CH1 "Red Guard"(NLYL)

bad edit!

2. editor

editor Forked with electrons

2019-05-16_114216.jpg

Well, this is nice. Before Brixton Brewery arrived, we were selling a beer called Coldharbour Courage that featured an image of the Barrier Block on the label. Appropriate, as that's where I live. All the profits went to the Soup Kitchen and other local charities. We still produce it from time to time to raise money, and it was available this month at the Prince of Wales.

It looks like the idea was so strong that it inspired the Heineken-backed Brixton Brewery to produce their very own Coldharbour Lager, complete with the outline of the Barrier Block on the label. They have no connection to the building, or the street.

#justsaying

Gramsci likes this.
  3. Smick

Smick Strictly Second Class

I like that label, all their labels actually, and I think that the Barrier Block lines are fair game. Most people won't notice it.

I don't think I would like the beer though. Is there some form of orange flavouring to it?

4. editor

editor Forked with electrons

I disagree. I think it's taking the piss and rather insensitive given the fact that original Coldharbour beer was all about charity. It's an opinion that was echoed by many locals on FB, btw.

Had to LOL at this listing though, which makes their Heineken connection very bold :

2019-05-16_183352.jpg

RateBeer

5. Smick

Smick Strictly Second Class

Fair enough. I haven't put in the effort that you have so am not as qualified to comment.

Heineken won't give a stuff though. They're masters of manipulation. These days they're advertising an alcohol free beer everywhere that alcohol advertising isn't allowed. The bottle is nearly identical and their branding is everywhere.

editor likes this.