1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Brixton Bed & Breakfast, hotels etc

Discussion in 'Brixton' started by citydreams, Dec 16, 2006.

1. Minnie_the_Minx

Minnie_the_Minx someinenhhanding menbag and me ah bollox

Reasonable price means different things to different people. Giving a budget might be a bit more helpful ;)

2. crawl

crawl Gimme gimme gimme, don't ask what for

I think they can manage 85 to 90 a night

3. Minnie_the_Minx

Greebo and Thimble Queen like this.
  4. Minnie_the_Minx

5. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Greebo likes this.
  6. Brixton Hatter

Brixton Hatter edge of heaven

crawl I discovered a while back that there's a place just around the corner from me which starts at £90 a night for two people. It's actually an entire flat which sleeps up to four people - good for a family or group of friends wanting to stay right near the middle of Brixton.

http://www.dalyellroad.com

Rich_G76 and Greebo like this.
  7. Frumious B.

Frumious B. Well-Known Member

Greebo likes this.
  8. teuchter

teuchter je suis teuchter

9. Mrs Magpie

Mrs Magpie On a bit of break...

Some of those flats are huge. I know a family who had been 'short-let' tenants for years for years before they were evicted so Lambeth could flog 'em off. I reckon maybe some rooms have been sub-divided.

10. teuchter

teuchter je suis teuchter

Were they council flats at one point then?

11. Winot

Winot I wholeheartedley agree with your viewpoint

That looks excellent. Thanks.

12. Brixton Hatter

Brixton Hatter edge of heaven

I think the owners converted the house - they live upstairs and rent out the downstairs as a source of income.

13. crawl

crawl Gimme gimme gimme, don't ask what for

Thanks very much for all of the recommendations. I'll try and update on where they went and how they liked it afterwards. I had no idea some of these places existed, like that My Place Inn!

14. Rich_G76

Rich_G76 Active Member

A friend looked in to staying said they were nice to deal with, and you have the marquis just round the corner!

Greebo and Brixton Hatter like this.
  15. Badgers

Badgers Mr Big Shrimp

16. Rich_G76

Rich_G76 Active Member

amazing!!! That pic sums up Queens rd Peckham, you know, all crystal blue skys swimming pools in front of every villa, love the review too
    "I will never stay there and will never recommend to my enemy"

playghirl and Badgers like this.
  17. Frumious B.

That comment ought to be signed D.Dyer. And it should state which weapons the staff have at their disposal.

18. Badgers

Badgers Mr Big Shrimp

Was talking to an American lass in the pub the other week. A friend of hers from the US came to stay in Peckham and thought the idea of the Marbella Hotel hilarious so went there to book a room. Apparently the owner/manager was pissed and when he asked about a double en suite room the owner/manager just said 'oh fuck off' and walked off :D

It does have a warm and Mediterranean look I think :cool:

[​IMG]

Greebo and clicker like this.
  19. Rushy

Rushy AKA some / certain posters

Well whatever weapons they do have, at least they don't have any quams.

20. wemakeyousoundb

wemakeyousoundb and calm again

Not exactly brixton but just checked this after spotting on the night bus the past couple of weeks, anyone tried it?
    http://www.pashahotel.co.uk

I've also had a request from an old friend who is coming over for a few days with her 2 teenage sons (well 1 is 16 and the other 10 so the second counts as a child still I guess), so she is ideally looking for a 3 to a room cheapish hotel deal fairly easy access to transport to central london for museum visits and whatnots.

21. snowy_again

snowy_again Slush

The Comfort Inn in Vauxhall seems to do a very busy tourist trade. 5 mins from Z1 / tube / buses / delights of Vauxhall.

22. gaijingirl

gaijingirl Well-Known Member

ah yes.. been meaning to try the restaurant there for a long time after hearing good things from han .. or probably blue nun

23. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

24. se5

se5 Well-Known Member

Nearish to Brixton the Travelodge at Vauxhall Station is now open complete with Waitrose Local on the ground floor - http://www.travelodge.co.uk/hotels/576/London-Vauxhall-hotel

Also the Belgrave Hotel on Clapham Road near to Oval tube station http://www.belgravehotel.net

and in summer vacations Kings College and Camberwell College student accommodation is usually available, generally cheaper than hotels but obviously not so luxurious.

Greebo and editor like this.
  25. Frumious B.

I could have sworn I saw an alcohol licence notice in the name of Premier Inns on the pavement outside KFC recently. Can't see anything on the council site about it though.

26. Rushy

Rushy AKA some / certain posters

Yep - I saw that.

27. se5

se5 Well-Known Member

The app is mentioned in the Safer lambeth presentation - http://effrablog.files.wordpress.com/2013/04/safer-lambeth-presentation-2013-04-2.pdf
    Premier Inn, 457-461 Brixton road (upper floors) SW9 8HH, (Coldharbour ward)

Fairly sure its the same site as the proposed Holiday Inn - http://www.urban75.net/forums/threads/hefty-holiday-inn-coming-to-central-brixton.297101 : their 'brand advisers' or whatever they are called must have advised that Premier Inn is a better match for Brixton than Holiday Inn!

28. se5

se5 Well-Known Member

29. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

30. Frumious B.

Thanks. I thought it might be the Holiday Inn site but Premier seems to be owned by Whitbread www.whitbread.co.uk/whitbread/ourbrands/premierinn.html And Holiday Inn have their own el cheapo brand, Holiday Inn Express.