1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Brixton Bed & Breakfast, hotels etc

Discussion in 'Brixton' started by citydreams, Dec 16, 2006.

1. twistedAM

twistedAM Left Of The Dial

Balham Lodge Hotel, Bedford Hill, Balham - clean, friendly owner, big breakfasts. Have put three touring bands in there in the past month and they've all loved it.
    I used to use the Leigham Court Hotel in Streatham Hill but this is much better.

2. knatchbull

knatchbull Well-Known Member

3. goldengraham

goldengraham Well-Known Member

My folks are currently staying at the Diana Hotel near West Dulwich station. The owners are friendly and it's clean but a bit musty, although it's currently undergoing major redecoration so that may not be such an issue in future...

4. boohoo

boohoo Part-time Cat

5. Tank Girl

Tank Girl ........

they need that refurb! when my family stayed there, I found the owner to be a bit off.

hotel pasha on camberwell road has recently been done up http://www.hotelpasha.com/

6. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

7. Minnie_the_Minx

Minnie_the_Minx someinenhhanding menbag and me ah bollox

Hootenanny also now has beds

8. Tank Girl

Tank Girl ........

like suggested here minnie? :D

9. Shirl

Shirl Say no to snow

I've stayed there and it was really good. Great rooms with lots of religious tat and an honesty box in the bar. Run by 2 brothers I think. We walked into Brixton from there so it can't have been too far away.

10. tufty79

tufty79 1979-2015. R.I.P.

'bout a twenty, thirty minute walk :)

11. wemakeyousoundb

wemakeyousoundb and calm again

Miles away but just in case:
    http://www.thebirdsnest.co.uk/ in Deptford, more of a backpacker style, they usually have free gigs in the pub downstairs several nights a week, 4 minutes walk from the DLR.

Google currently reporting their site as fishy though, so it probably got compromised with some cross scripting from russia with love.

12. playghirl

playghirl Well-Known Member

Where is it? What isit called? I can't place it at all!!

13. matt m

matt m Well-Known Member

http://www.whitelion.org.uk/

On Streatham high street. No idea what it's like but it's fairly newly refurbished (ongoing I think) so the hostel rooms must be pretty clean I'd guess. Nice grand old building too.

14. twistedAM

The people that run it are well nice too.

15. twistedAM

Anyone stayed at the Euro Lodge or Euro Hotel in Clapham? Part of the Euro Hotel group that also owns the Queens in Crystal Palace.

The people answering the phone make me feel it;s Sub-Fawlty Towers.

Them - "Yes sir you can book a room for two adults and two children but i cannot guarantee you get the quadruple room"
    Me - "So where would the kids sleep"
    Them - "Well the adults can have a twin and they can have an adjoining twin"
    Me - But one's a baby and the other, ah forget it

Pity as the three rooms I wanted to book work out at £70 cheaper than the Leigham Court Hotel.

16. TruXta

TruXta Tired

Had in-laws staying at 52 Becmead Avenue in Streatham this weekend - they're pretty impressed. Not the cheapest around, but still not bad for a single (£45-55/night).

17. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

18. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

19. London_Calling

London_Calling Pleasant and unpatronising

I was looking for someone the other day and came across the gloriously named Peckham Lodge - no where is cheap now but prices start at £30 a night from 1st September:

http://www.peckhamlodgelondon.com/

20. twistedAM

Apparently it's clean enough. Its run by the same [eople who run Clapham Lodge and others in the Euro Hotel chain. Parking spaces are very limited though.

21. Thaw

Thaw Aye like, so it is.

I picked up a flyer for www.victoriainnpeckham.com at the weekend. 18 rooms but prices are well hidden. Its run by Capital Pubs (i.e. the people behind the Florence). Actually, it makes sense now as I was in the Rye Hotel which is another one of theirs. Pubs with rooms seems to be a new strategy for them. The pubs are decent if unexciting so I expect the 'inn' part would be too.

22. snowy_again

snowy_again Slush

The Dog in Dulwich is being turned into a 20 room hotel. Not for a while though - refurb's expected to take at least a year.

23. madzone

madzone Physically unfavourable

I stayed here last weekend. It was ace. Cheaper than a London Travelodge, lovely helpful staff who didn't mind me staggering back in at 7am and a really nice breakfast of muesli/cereals et, toast,really nice jams and massive pastries and croissants. Proper lovely coffee too. It's about 15 minutes from Brixton on the bus. The 345 and the N345 go from the end of the road straight to Brixton. I'll definitely be going back there. And the restaurant looked lush :cool:

24. teuchter

teuchter je suis teuchter

70 quid for an off-suite single.

I need to get into the B&B business.

25. madzone

That's cheap for what it was. I'm sure you can find some bed-bug-ridden B&B for a few quid less but this one was nice.

And spotlessly clean.

editor likes this.
  26. madzone

27. Brixton Hatter

Brixton Hatter edge of heaven

has anyone ever stayed in the Hootananny hostel? I think its £14 a night for a shared room. Was thinking of pointing a mate in their direction. I've been upstairs in the pub before - it's massive - but not before they converted it to a hostel.

28. boohoo

boohoo Part-time Cat

Some people I met stayed there the other year - didn't say anything good about it :(

29. sparkybird

sparkybird ask the bird...

30. crawl

crawl Gimme gimme gimme, don't ask what for

I've got a couple friends coming to visit in March for about a week and was wondering if anyone had any advice on where they could stay for a reasonable price. They were looking into renting a room in a flat or something if possible, close to me here in Brixton. Don't have room in my crap flateshare unfortunately.

I've looked on AirBNB (their search is being wonky right now though) and WhereToSleep but there's nothing around Brixton except for something on Electric Avenue and I believe they were already turned down for that as it was booked or something.

Anybody got ideas? Thanks!