Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Brixton Bed & Breakfast, hotels etc

citydreams

on the road again
Urban75 comes up as google's top search for Brixton B&B. Does anyone have room in their inn? I've got 4 friends coming over for New Year and don't know where to recommend them.

twistedAM

Left Of The Dial
We've had a few threads like this in recent years and afaik no one knows of a B&B/hostel/cheap hotel in Brixton. There's some places in Streatham Hill, Tulse Hill, Stockwell and Clapham but that's about it unless something has opened in the past few months.

citydreams

on the road again
Cheers Twisted.

I'd forgotten about The New Dome Hotel in Camberwell

blimey.. £60 a night for a double

e2a: just spoke to them.. they want £80/night!!

editor

hiraethified
Could peeps post up the full details of any hotels they find so I can include them on the website?

Cheers!

twistedAM

Left Of The Dial
brix said:
Yes that's the one. It's clean apparently. Seems to get used by companies during the week and German tourists at weekends. Last time i checked it was £65 a double. About two minues walk from Streatham Hill station.

Also a place on the South Circular in between Tulse Hill and West Dulwich called the Diane Hotel. Supposed to eb alright.

Tank Girl

my dad and step mum stayed at the diane a couple of months ago - I think it was alright, looked clean enough, but a bit tatty.

from what I remember I think it was £80 for a double.

Fullyplumped

in a personal capacity
Couldn't U75 set up a hotel or B&B in Brixton? Sounds like there's a market and you're already top hit on Google! You'd probably be eligible for all kinds of grants and cheap loans.

twistedAM

Left Of The Dial
Tank Girl said:
my dad and step mum stayed at the diane a couple of months ago - I think it was alright, looked clean enough, but a bit tatty.

from what I remember I think it was £80 for a double.
in that case I'd reckon the Leigham Court Hotel is the better option

Minnie_the_Minx

someinenhhanding menbag and me ah bollox
There's one called the Norwood something but I can't remember where it is. Shall do a search

I meant the Norfolk House Hotel. Turns out it's on London Road on way to Thornton Heath. Probably a bit far.

There's the Comfort Inn at Vauxhall. £45pp per night. Only a short bus ride away from Brixton

Right, getting them all mixed up.

It's the NORFOLK COURT HOTEL on Beulah Hill (from £50pp). Still probably too far anyway

editor

hiraethified
Cheers for the updates - I've got a much more useful guide on the site.

The Prince of Wales is supposedly going to offer rooms after the refurb, although I believe they've given up on their original daft idea of themed rooms with decks.

There's certainly a market for a decent, fun hotel in Brixton with enough musicians/tourists going through.

RaverDrew

self-banned for a bit
R.I.P.
Minnie_the_Minx said:
There's one called the Norwood something but I can't remember where it is. Shall do a search

I meant the Norfolk House Hotel. Turns out it's on London Road on way to Thornton Heath. Probably a bit far.

There's the Comfort Inn at Vauxhall. £45pp per night. Only a short bus ride away from Brixton

Right, getting them all mixed up.

It's the NORFOLK COURT HOTEL on Beulah Hill (from £50pp). Still probably too far anyway
The Norfolk was at Crown Point in Upper Norwood but has been closed down for ages and recently demolished

You can also get very cheap dorm-style accomodation above Jamm

cemertyone

There`s a really nice place opposite Norwwod fire station in the Tulse hill area...all got internet access in all rooms the brealkfast is great.. and very clean and cheap as well...

twistedAM

Left Of The Dial
Minnie_the_Minx said:
erm try £130 BUt that does include continental breakfast

New Dome in Camberwell is £60 for 2 people, £70 for 3 ensuite and with breakfast

DJWrongspeed

radio eros
Fullyplumped said:
Couldn't U75 set up a hotel or B&B in Brixton? Sounds like there's a market and you're already top hit on Google! You'd probably be eligible for all kinds of grants and cheap loans.
More community minded is couch surfing which i've been a member of for a few months. Had some really lovely people to stay and have been put up for free on my travels. Highly recommended.

pootle

little moran
cemertyone said:
There`s a really nice place opposite Norwwod fire station in the Tulse hill area...all got internet access in all rooms the brealkfast is great.. and very clean and cheap as well...
Really? Any idea what it's called? This could be ideal for when my ma comes to visit. Will wander up there tomorrow and suss it out I reckon...

Bob

Rusesabagina for a nobel
Bed & breakfast in Brixton / Herne Hill - recommendations?

Anyone got any recommendations on a cheap B&B in the Brixton / Herne Hill / Tulse Hill area?

I'm sure this was discussed recently - but can't find the thread for the life of me.

:D

Ta, Bob.

twistedAM

Left Of The Dial
I asked for it to be a sticky as people are always asking this.
I use a place in Balham if that's any good to you. PM me if you need info.

han

brixton hill hobbit
There's a mexican restaurant/hotel in Camberwell which is really nice apparently. Can't remember what it's called tho....