1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Brixton Bed & Breakfast, hotels etc

Discussion in 'Brixton' started by citydreams, Dec 16, 2006.

1. citydreams

citydreams on the road again

Urban75 comes up as google's top search for Brixton B&B. Does anyone have room in their inn? I've got 4 friends coming over for New Year and don't know where to recommend them.

2. twistedAM

twistedAM Left Of The Dial

We've had a few threads like this in recent years and afaik no one knows of a B&B/hostel/cheap hotel in Brixton. There's some places in Streatham Hill, Tulse Hill, Stockwell and Clapham but that's about it unless something has opened in the past few months.

3. citydreams

Cheers Twisted.

I'd forgotten about The New Dome Hotel in Camberwell

[​IMG]

blimey.. £60 a night for a double

e2a: just spoke to them.. they want £80/night!!

4. clandestino

clandestino no llevar papel

there's a hotel in streatham that does four person rooms for seventy five quid, if that's any use.

5. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Could peeps post up the full details of any hotels they find so I can include them on the website?

Cheers!

6. brix

brix spinster of this parish

7. brix

brix spinster of this parish

This place? http://www.infotel.co.uk/70584.htm

8. twistedAM

Yes that's the one. It's clean apparently. Seems to get used by companies during the week and German tourists at weekends. Last time i checked it was £65 a double. About two minues walk from Streatham Hill station.

Also a place on the South Circular in between Tulse Hill and West Dulwich called the Diane Hotel. Supposed to eb alright.

9. Tank Girl

Tank Girl ........

my dad and step mum stayed at the diane a couple of months ago - I think it was alright, looked clean enough, but a bit tatty.

from what I remember I think it was £80 for a double.

10. Fullyplumped

Fullyplumped in a personal capacity

Couldn't U75 set up a hotel or B&B in Brixton? Sounds like there's a market and you're already top hit on Google! You'd probably be eligible for all kinds of grants and cheap loans.

11. twistedAM

in that case I'd reckon the Leigham Court Hotel is the better option

12. Amy

Amy New Member

13. Minnie_the_Minx

Minnie_the_Minx someinenhhanding menbag and me ah bollox

There's one called the Norwood something but I can't remember where it is. Shall do a search

I meant the Norfolk House Hotel. Turns out it's on London Road on way to Thornton Heath. Probably a bit far.

There's the Comfort Inn at Vauxhall. £45pp per night. Only a short bus ride away from Brixton

Right, getting them all mixed up.

It's the NORFOLK COURT HOTEL on Beulah Hill (from £50pp). Still probably too far anyway

14. Brixton Hatter

Brixton Hatter edge of heaven

The Duke of Edinburgh on Ferndale Road does accomodation, that's pretty central Brixton. 020 7326 0301

15. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Cheers for the updates - I've got a much more useful guide on the site.

The Prince of Wales is supposedly going to offer rooms after the refurb, although I believe they've given up on their original daft idea of themed rooms with decks.

There's certainly a market for a decent, fun hotel in Brixton with enough musicians/tourists going through.

16. RaverDrew

RaverDrew self-banned for a bit R.I.P.

The Norfolk was at Crown Point in Upper Norwood but has been closed down for ages and recently demolished

You can also get very cheap dorm-style accomodation above Jamm

17. piff diddly

piff diddly Banned Banned

comfort inn, stockwell,
    modern ,clean, playstations in rooms

18. cemertyone

cemertyone Well-Known Member

There`s a really nice place opposite Norwwod fire station in the Tulse hill area...all got internet access in all rooms the brealkfast is great.. and very clean and cheap as well...

19. twistedAM

erm try £130 BUt that does include continental breakfast

New Dome in Camberwell is £60 for 2 people, £70 for 3 ensuite and with breakfast

20. DJWrongspeed

DJWrongspeed radio eros

More community minded is couch surfing which i've been a member of for a few months. Had some really lovely people to stay and have been put up for free on my travels. Highly recommended.

21. pootle

pootle little moran

Really? Any idea what it's called? This could be ideal for when my ma comes to visit. Will wander up there tomorrow and suss it out I reckon...

22. sir.clip

sir.clip Well-Known Member

23. Bob

Bob Rusesabagina for a nobel

Bed & breakfast in Brixton / Herne Hill - recommendations?

Anyone got any recommendations on a cheap B&B in the Brixton / Herne Hill / Tulse Hill area?

I'm sure this was discussed recently - but can't find the thread for the life of me.

:D

Ta, Bob.

24. twistedAM

I asked for it to be a sticky as people are always asking this.
    I use a place in Balham if that's any good to you. PM me if you need info.

25. madolesance

madolesance Well-Known Member

You could try the Hootenanny.
    They have hostel accommodation with various sleeping set-ups
    available.
    Very cheap.

26. han

han brixton hill hobbit

There's a mexican restaurant/hotel in Camberwell which is really nice apparently. Can't remember what it's called tho....

27. Brixton Hatter

Brixton Hatter edge of heaven

i think the duke of edinburgh on ferndale road does b&b

28. citydreams

29. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Threads merged and sticky UHU applied.

30. gaijingirl

gaijingirl Well-Known Member