1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

bring Wimbledon Home

Discussion in 'football' started by hash tag, Jan 20, 2015.

1. hash tag

hash tag Pedicabo omnes

AFC Wimbledon, the real, one and only Wimbledon, have submitted plans to bring them back home, almost to their original home in Plough Lane, taking over the old dog track. If you remember, many years ago, they moved out of their ground temporarily to Selhurst. Then some bright spark decided to make them a franchise and move them to Mlton Keynes and became MK Dons. True Wombles started their own club and like a phoenix from the ashes, rose through the leagues. Well, they are now nearly in a position to return home. A cause I think well worth supporting and if you are a true footie fan you would too. Info and linkies here http://bringthedonshome.org/

2. T & P

T & P |-o-| (-o-) |-o-|

I am almost daring to dream we're going to get permission. When will the decision be announced?

3. hash tag

hash tag Pedicabo omnes

I see that wandsworth have objected..staff at st georges will have no where to park, fans will have no where to park, publuc transport blah blah blah...they are trying to return to where they belong. They are replacing a dig track and a crap market. For goodness sake

4. N_igma

N_igma Epistemic nuisance

Aren't they that team from Milton Keynes? lol oj all the best :)

5. Athos

Athos Well-Known Member

Despite AFC nicking an injury time winer against my beloved Luton yesterday, I hope they succeed in this.

Meantime, the 'MK Dons' franchise is the one ground I'll never visit. How that farrago was ever sanctioned by the FA I don't know.

T & P and hash tag like this.
  6. Sparkle Motion

Sparkle Motion Well-Known Member

Looks like an awful lot of flats.

What will happen to Kingstonian and their ground?

7. hash tag

hash tag Pedicabo omnes

T & P likes this.
  8. bromley

bromley ...isn't as good as Lewisham.

Complete guess work, but I would imagine Wimbledon would give it back to them for probably nothing.

I'm all for Wimbledon moving back, but isn't the dogtrack quite popular?

Ron Noades and Sam Hammam...

9. hash tag

hash tag Pedicabo omnes

Well Ron wont be troubling anyone any more

ffsear likes this.
  10. Belushi

Belushi 01 811 8055 R.I.P.

It is, used to go sometimes when I lived in Tooting.

I think it must be one of the last three tracks left in London along with Romford and Crayford.

11. ffsear

ffsear Well-Known Member

Signed, from a palace fan. Would be great to have you guys back! (not at Selhurst obvs!)

T & P likes this.
  12. hash tag

hash tag Pedicabo omnes

fwiw, I was at the last match at Plough Lane, yup is was against the new landlords, Palace. Palace won and I think it was Wrighty who lobbed Beasant from the other half; laugh.
    :D

13. bromley

bromley ...isn't as good as Lewisham.

There's where the problem lies. It's not fair to satisfy football fans at the expense of greyhound fans. I hope there's another option, being London I doubt it.

14. T & P

T & P |-o-| (-o-) |-o-|

Breaking news- the Dons are coming back to Plough Lane! Fucking get in! :)

15. ska invita

ska invita back on the other side

I dont understand whats happening here - will MK Dons now be playing in Wimbeldon? :hmm: Will they drop the MK?

16. Gromit

Gromit International Man of Misery

As grounds go, out if the many I've visited, it's quite nice as modern stadiums go. One of the nicer modern stadiums I've been to. Staff were really nice. There was even a half time smokers balcony (for away fans!!!!) which is pretty bloody amazing.

17. Gromit

Gromit International Man of Misery

Didn't realise AFC Wimbledon was managed by an ex Cardiff player / youth coach.

18. Fez909

Fez909 toilet expert

AFC Wimbledon have had planning permission granted to build a stadium actually in Wimbledon. MK Dons will still exist in their current location.

ska invita likes this.
  19. Athos

Athos Well-Known Member

My reason for not vsiting isn't the paucity of facilities.

20. Maurice Picarda

Maurice Picarda Actually, might as well flounce.

I think that they can call themself MK Wombles and go straight into the Prem.

21. strung out

strung out (",)

It would be nice if they did, but no, they're selling it to Chelsea, who aren't letting Kingstonian stay (although it's unclear whether the current Kingstonian owners even want to stay anyway).

22. hash tag

hash tag Pedicabo omnes

It's brilliant news that the proper dons are coming home. They were sold down the wandle many years ago by the fa allowing them to become a franchise. I was there for the last game at plough lane and must try and make it for the next game. :thumbs:

Greebo likes this.
  23. hash tag

hash tag Pedicabo omnes

I see Wandsworth are contesting the decision

24. hash tag

hash tag Pedicabo omnes

Greebo likes this.
  25. ffsear

ffsear Well-Known Member

Greebo likes this.
  26. hash tag

hash tag Pedicabo omnes

27. ffsear

ffsear Well-Known Member

Last edited: Apr 1, 2016
    LeslieB likes this.
  28. Sparkle Motion

Sparkle Motion Well-Known Member

Not quite the case. Let us hope there is enough left over from the various financial deals for Kingstonian to build a new home.

bromley, Greebo and hash tag like this.
  29. hash tag

hash tag Pedicabo omnes

30. Splish

Splish Member

This is the part that saddens me. Ks are linked with a move to Chessington. Still in their borough but it will be a huge shame if they have to move away from central Kingston.

It's a great away day at Ks, I am sure I won't be the only one who misses that!