1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bring back one famous artist from the dead.

Discussion in 'music, bands, clubs & festies' started by moody, Feb 10, 2018.

1. billy_bob

billy_bob supercalifragilistic-borussiamönchengladbach

Genuinely one of my biggest regrets, the fact I never saw them live.

2. Sea Star

Sea Star hello, I'm a man.

Fucking amazing! I'd never even heard of them and next day I was out buying all their records.

billy_bob likes this.
  3. littlebabyjesus

littlebabyjesus one of Maxwell's demons

Nick Drake

I think he still had a lot of developing to do. Would like to know what he would have done.

4. Casual Observer

Casual Observer binoculars

Peter Laughner

Kaka Tim and PippinTook like this.
  5. DotCommunist

DotCommunist my world is fire and blood

been reading Mark Fisher's 'Ghosts Of My Life' and he's got a long bit on joy division. I only ever knew them through the 'hits' or whatever, walk away in silince' that transmission one and the other. But he describes a person and a music of depth I'd never really looked at. Not melancholy, acceptable for young men, but melancholia. Its made me think anyway. Ties it into so much else but his descriptions of where he thought curtis was coming from struck me.

6. RainbowTown

RainbowTown Well-Known Member

Haven't read that one, but two other books on Curtis are well worth reading. Touching From A Distance by his widow, Deborah. This gives a really good insight into the man on a personal level. As does Torn Apart by Mick Middles and Lindsay Reade. I'd also recommend This Is Permanence which collects his lyrics, notebooks, scribblings etc. The latter one, especially, is a must for any Joy Division fan.

PippinTook likes this.
  7. Gromit

Gromit International Man of Misery

How about Bono?
    I know he’s not dead but I could kill him, bring him back and kill him again and again if I have to power to resurect this one person and you haven’t specified a limit.

8. littlebabyjesus

littlebabyjesus one of Maxwell's demons

Mad that he was only 23 when it ended. He feels old thinking about him even now. An accelerated life.

9. Nanker Phelge

Nanker Phelge Monkey Boy

10. stavros

stavros Well-Known Member

How about Mark E. Smith?

11. JuanTwoThree

JuanTwoThree Right perverse weirdo

Joe Strummer. Not because he might have gone on to do more work, or greater things. Just because...

12. Yossarian

Yossarian free shrugs

Mia Zapata is another contender - she was the lead singer of the Gits, was murdered in Seattle in 1993, when she was 27.