Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Brighton: local people shut down weapons factory to stop war crimes

stolinski

new but not new

This is great to hear about, although I'm also a bit shocked to hear the arms factory is still there after years of people trying to close it. Now seems like the latest news about components made in Brighton being found on bombsites in Yemen is finally motivating the council to take action...

Red Sky

It was like that when I got here.

This is great to hear about, although I'm also a bit shocked to hear the arms facto

ry is still there after years of people trying to close it. Now seems like the latest news about components made in Brighton being found on bombsites in Yemen is finally motivating the council to take action...
Two things that the original Smash Edo campaign lacked were proof of an actual direct link to war crimes on the part of the factory or any backing from local politicians. This campaign has both. More power to their elbow!

hash tag

chillin
I read this and thought an arms factory has been closed down, I got really excited I did. Then I read the report; shipments blocked :(
My blood has started to boil.

I have in the past been written to and told all arms exports are made in accordance with very strict export licences!
I bet they are not and
that doesn't make it right
can they guarantee what eventually happens to the arms, where they end up and how they are used.
fuck the manufacturers. Fuck the dealers.

The Arms Trade - the future is bright

Calling teqniq

Red Sky

It was like that when I got here.
blast from the past...i went down a couple of times
They screened that at the local social centre before this campaign started.

It was the banning of this film that really moved the campaign into its more militant phase.

stolinski

new but not new
Why not? Money talks as does a threat of job losses. Morals sadly don't come in to it.
Agreed but already before this latest news the council was discussing the situation and the local shit rag (Argus) and a local MP (Lloyd Russell-Moyle) were making noise.

ddraig

dros ben llestri
What do you think the police used to end the recent terrorist attacks in London? It wasn't a feather duster.
:D :D :D It wasn't a fucking missile either was it!
Or landmine, or a typhoon jet or many many other things made in a fucking arms factory!
You think the terrorist attacks have stopped??

You think maybe there is a link between terrorist attacks and the bombing and mass murder in other countries??
Try getting a clue

WouldBe

non smoking
:D :D :D It wasn't a fucking missile either was it!
Or landmine, or a typhoon jet or many many other things made in a fucking arms factory!
You think the terrorist attacks have stopped??
I didn't say the police had used any of those but guns are still made in arms factories. And no terrorist attacks haven't stopped but how would you stop a nutter running round with a weapon and a possible suicide vest?

You think maybe there is a link between terrorist attacks and the bombing and mass murder in other countries??
Try getting a clue
Some nutters will always find a reason without having been bombed first.

ddraig

dros ben llestri
I didn't say the police had used any of those but guns are still made in arms factories. And no terrorist attacks haven't stopped but how would you stop a nutter running round with a weapon and a possible suicide vest?

Some nutters will always find a reason without having been bombed first.
So would a factory just for police guns be better than wasting millions on weapons that are never used???

Really, so you don't think there's a link then? Or won't admit it more like

Count Cuckula

This is great news. I remember watching On the Verge in full several years ago. The attitude of the workers in that factory to the protesters was disgusting frankly, as was their attitude in general.

RTWL

crawling out the bin ... soon to fall back in
This was quite militant :

but good militant. Violence is a tool that can be used for good or evil . That factory caters for the evil side.

hash tag

chillin
I support caat but cant get on with their supporters: serious Christians or Sally army type characters banging their tambourines....

RTWL

crawling out the bin ... soon to fall back in
Had to google them

LOL! Well i suppose it takes all sorts .