1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Brighton chat and photos: clubs, bars, recommendations and more

Discussion in 'London and the South East' started by editor, Jul 28, 2010.

1. Mogden

Mogden I like tea

BUMP!!

Any decent shops in Brighton and Hove recommendations please. I'm back in my homeland for a short while in the near future and as long as I lived in the south I still feel like I miss out heaps of really bloody good shops in Brighton, but particularly Hove, cos I usually just do the North Laines and Lanes. Favourite shops are Utility and Infinity Foods and I LOVE Snooper's Paradise. I'm up for visiting Tiger this time but I want more vintage homewares and kitchenalia. Any suggestions pretty please?

2. Enviro

Enviro Make your assessment

Bert's. There's one a bit West of Churchill Square, and one in the Lanes.

Mogden likes this.
  3. Mogden

Mogden I like tea

Ooooo yes! That's just the sort of place. Thank you! Anyone else got any suggestions?

4. iona

iona toxic clown

I think I might have seen somewhere with that sort of stuff on North Road but I was in a bit of a state at the time so I'm not 100% sure about that. [/helpful]

Mogden likes this.
  5. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

6. starfish

starfish No dialogue. Just plot.

The suitcase pic is hilarious :D With the amount of Hen Parties down here its probable she knew.

likesfish likes this.
  7. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

8. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

9. hash tag

hash tag Pedicabo omnes

Nice Pics. You should have been down there Saturday for the Ace Cafe car thing on the front and the anti facist march :thumbs:

editor likes this.
  10. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

11. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

12. Marvin66

Marvin66 New Member

How many of you living in brighton know that Queen victorier had all the wiring strip out and the organ removed from the Royal Pavillion, the Organ went to Winsdor castle

13. mod

mod A modernist

I spend half my time in Brighton. Love the place but could know it better. Would be good to know about small tucked away bars, intimate music and comedy venues.

Here's my tips....

Restaurants

Fattoa Mano Pizza - Kids eat for free
    Neighbourhood pizzerias inspired by Naples, walk-in and takeaway. Only ever wood fired {pipe} Fattoamano

BINCHO YAKITORI - Japanesse
    Bincho Yakitori

Holy Phok - Vietnamese
    mysite

Curry Leaf Cafe - Indian
    CAFE

Pubs

The lion and lobster - Lovely roof terrace
    The Lion & Lobster | Pubs in Brighton & Hove

Open House - Our local near London Road station
    The Open House

Other

Duke Of Yorks Cinema
    Hardly a secret and a chain but tickets for kids films are only £2 on Saturday morning and they have activities before the film. Its a lovely cinema. Reminds me of The Ritzy in Brixton
    Picturehouses - Cinema listings for Duke Of Yorks

Last edited: Nov 30, 2017
  14. hash tag

hash tag Pedicabo omnes

Terre a Terre and food for friends are great veggie places to eat.

mod likes this.
  15. Enviro

Enviro Make your assessment

I would recommend VIP pizza for pizza, The Basketmakers for traditional pub, La Choza for mexican, Brighton Beer Dispensary for excellent beer, Bison Beer if you can afford slightly eye watering prices for a wide selection of bottled and canned beer and Planet India for Indian.

Curry Leaf is good. Chilli Pickle I think is better. Planet India is OMFG I need to go back to Brighton to eat there again!

krtek a houby likes this.