Brightlingsea Regent 2-2 Dulwich Hamlet, Saturday 10th March

Discussion in 'Dulwich Hamlet FC' started by Pink Panther, Mar 9, 2018.

1. Pink Panther

Pink Panther Well-Known Member

Just a reminder to anyone intending to travel by train that the Shenfield Line is down yet again. Therefore it's Tube to Newbury Park then rail replacement bus to Ingatestone. You should be able to get to Newbury Park for £1.50 each way using the Overground and Tube, changing at Canada Water or Whitechapel making sure to swipe on the pink card reader on the Overground platform to obtain the cheapest fare. No one ever seems to check tickets on replacement buses, and I doubt you can buy tickets to Network Rail stations from Newbury Park anyway. The good news is that it's a relatively cheap £9.95 for a day return from Ingatestone to Alresford with one third discount for railcard holders. (Or £15.10 without.) There is than a half hourly bus service from Alresford to Brightlingsea (journey time 24 mins) which becomes hourly for the return journey after the match:

https://assets.goaheadbus.com/media/timetable_pdf/Hedingham_Timetable_route_87_30May2017_v.pdf

Ground location in North Road:

Google Maps

2. Fingers

Fingers From Tuscany SE22

cheers, was just about to dig around for this info

Pink Panther likes this.
  3. Pink Panther

Forgot to include that it's an hourly service from Ingatestone, leaving at 50 minutes past the hour. Journey time 59 minutes including a change of trains at Colchester which appears to be a timetabled connection for the branch line, i.e. they should hold the second train if the first one is running late.

4. Trimmy

Trimmy New Member

any advice on parking for those lucky enough to have blagged a lift?

5. Trimmy

Trimmy New Member

[​IMG]

Pink Panther likes this.
  6. Blitzwalker

Blitzwalker Well-Known Member

Guiding tomorrow so won’t be able to make it. Hopefully be up for Leatherhead on Wednesday though.

Pink Panther likes this.
  7. Noss

Noss Well-Known Member

Stuck in a traffic jam on the A12 with the Rail Replacement bus service. See you all at half time

8. Pink Panther

Oh no. I connected with the 1150 train without a problem and the next fast one to Colchester at 1250 is cancelled so check live running information for options.

9. Noss

Noss Well-Known Member

Managed to get the next slow train so should be there in good time

Pink Panther likes this.
  10. Pink Panther

1-0 up, 28 minutes, Caio Guimareas on as a substitute for Reise.

11. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Yes! So pissed off I can't make this one. How many Hamlet fans made the trip?

12. Pink Panther

1-1. Brilliant dipping volley 42 minutes.

13. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

2-1 to Hamlet!

Dipo Akinyemi (52')

iamwithnail likes this.
  14. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

15. Pink Panther

Dipo just had another disallowed for offside. Very iffy looking call from the lino after a great run and pass from Weathers .

16. Pink Panther

2-2, 82 minutes.

17. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

FTR 2-2. Bugger.

18. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

19. EDC

EDC A Slightly Less Invisible Cyber Fan These Days

Effing Lino. Hang him.

20. Pink Panther

I'd like to see the replay of the disallowed goal. It looked pretty clear from behind the goal that the last defender was goalside as the pass was played through. All three officials looked a bit clueless at times with some alarming oversights.

Nivag and crocustim like this.
  21. Nivag

Nivag Well-Known Member

Yup Dipo looked onside to me too.
    Their first goal was a corker!! Not sure how good their second was or if it was lucky but it was points dropped today.
    Even with Frank Sidebottom's cousin playing up front we couldn't win..
    DSC_5024.JPG

22. Pink Panther

Hamlet rather blew an opportunity to follow up Tuesday's victory at Billericay with another win, leading twice in a competitive contest against a home side who ended their run of five consecutive league defeats. The draw was maybe a fair reflection overall, especially as Brightlingsea were a bit unfortunate to leave Champion Hill empty handed in December following a stirring second half fightback. Personally I felt we had the greater number of presentable chances and were on the wrong end of a couple of debatable decisions that proved crucial.

Allassani unexpectedly started after being stretchered off at Billericay, but lasted less than ten minutes before the first real challenge on him aggravated his rib injury. It was surprising to see youth teamer Caio Guimaraes step off the bench to replace him, but the youngster soon began to look the part and with almost half an hour gone he gave us the lead, working space to shoot from the right edge of the box and firing a low shot across the keeper and inside the far post. There were other opportunities to score when Akinyemi cross from the right flashed in front of Clunis, who was a bit tentative when he really needed to throw himself at the ball, and Akinyemi got clear inside the box to the right only to drag his shot wide of the far post. The referee had already completely ignored two or three clear fouls from a robust home defence around the edge of their box when, with five minutes until half time, Ming was clearly fouled from behind as he attempted to run the ball clear in the right back position. Ming then committed a foul in attempting to win the ball back, a testing delivery from the free kick was headed out for a corner, and from that set piece the ball was only cleared to the edge of the box where their 4 unleashed a terrific dipping volley that whipped over the head of Addai and under the crossbar for the equaliser.

Hamlet were ahead again within ten minutes of the second half; I missed that as Akinyemi apparently capitalised on defensive confusion. There were further chances, the best of which saw Clunis fire narrowly wide into the side netting, but on a couple of occasions our players were slightly too hesitant to pull the trigger on a bobbly surface, and we also had a third goal disallowed for offside. Weatherstone collected the ball well inside his own half and, with opponents backing off began to run the ball upfield before releasing a perfectly weighted pass into the inside right channel. Looking straight down the field from that side of the goal I'm certain the last defender was goalside as the ball was released for Akinyemi to surge into the box and beat the keeper with a clinical finish, but the flag went up for offside. Whether it was the linesman who called it wrong or our man who made his run too soon, we were made to pay as Regent equalised a second time with eight minutes left. We were caught defending too deep and, with our players backing off, their 11 advanced to within a few yards of the box and teed himself up for a well-placed shot inside Addai's left hand post.

On balance I think the absence of Carew, Kargbo and Onovwigun through injury proved critical. Having all of those three missing from the same area of our team in a hard-fought away match certainly made our task more difficult in my view.

Team (3-4-3): Addai - Weatherstone, Hayles, Taylor - Ming, Ferguson, Beaney(c), Green - Clunis, Akinyemi, Allassani. Subs: Guimaraes (for Allassani), Acheampong (for Hayles), Boakye-Yiadom (for Akinyemi), Chambers, Abrahams (not used). att. 346

editor likes this.
  23. Son of Roy

Son of Roy Hates Meadow Residential

According to The Non League Paper 11th March 2018 page 34, Ellis Green was back in a Hamlet shirt yesterday "finding the substitute Guimaraes who found space on the edge of the box to stroke the ball home in style". Sorry Nathan.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2018
    Pink Panther likes this.
  24. Pink Panther

Also a double page spread on our current crisis with some great pictures of Tuesday's win at Bi££ericay courtesy of CycloDunc .

25. Son of Roy

Son of Roy Hates Meadow Residential

26. Dulwich Mishi

Dulwich Mishi Old Skool Terrace Dinosaur-embracing the new-veau!

About 140 to 150, is my 'guestimate'.

27. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

28. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

They probably both weigh the same :D

Son of Roy likes this.