Brian Bows Out of Brixton

Discussion in 'Brixton' started by Brian, Dec 6, 2002.

1. agricola

agricola a genuine importer of owls

full name or no, you only have 55 posts and most of them are abusing someone, usually the Editor (here and that whole "nationalist wales" thread)

2. solano

solano New Member

what? i have never abused the editor (apart from one exchange on the thread you mention, when things got a little heated, certainly not on this thread & for the record the editor called me a liar & ignorant for not agreeing with him on the other thread) i once refered to ernest lynch as a fucking knacker (the only abuse i have ever aimed at anyone personally (that i can recall)) and i thought that was rather amusing.

3. editor

editor Forked with electrons

That's two personal insults in your last two posts, but I guess that's because you're still sore after making a complete and utter arse of yourself earlier in this thread.

After all, your laughable attempts to make out that people were claiming these boards to be the 'Voice of Brixton' were a scream!

Remind me: how many dictionary definitions did you have to ignore to construct that woefully bereft, 'argument'?!

Oh, and when and where exactly did I get a "big blue vain" [sic] "accross" my forehead

(PS www.iespell.com is your friend)

4. hatboy

hatboy Banned Banned

quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally posted by Jessiedog
    My understanding is that the policy is continuing and will be extended across the Met and (essentially) nationwide.

Woof
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Me too.

5. TeeJay

TeeJay New Member

ed. - with all respect for the hard work etc etc but... (at the risk of getting a bollocking or told to read the rules again)

Isn't it slightly unfair that the moderator is also a participant in the conversations being moderated? I mean its like the ref joining in the game isn't it? Couldn't you just log in with another name, so people didn't feel to intimidated about disagreeing with you?

6. editor

What the fuck?!!

What conversations have I 'moderated'?
    Whose words have I changed?
    What posts have I edited?

The only reason why anyone should feel 'intimidated' by my posts is if they haven't got a decent argument in the first place.

And if they haven't got a decent argument, it won't just be me ripping them apart!

To blame it on being 'intimidated' by a moderator is an absolute cop out - it certainly hasn't stopped the several people who regularly slag me off here, has it?

And note - their posts were not altered in any way.

7. solano

solano New Member

fuck me (there you go, i just insulted myself...) i made a simple comment that the majority of those who back Paddick (on the Brixton Forum) are coming from one of the following, namely, white, middleclass, liberal, or hippy positions. i ain't got an argument it was just my obsevation. i don't understand your point about the dictionary, i just posted some crap from the dictionary like you told me to in our last altercation, more of an in joke i thought you might of seen the funny side of. And finally, picking on my slight dyslexia is surely the most insulting thing to do?

8. editor

Your freshly-announced dyslexia can be considerably helped by the simple addition of iespell, which would let you correct your spelling mistakes before posting.

Instead of being so dramatically 'insulted' (who's got the 'bulging blue vein' now, eh?) perhaps you should be thankful for the useful advice: it will help you immensely if you're contributing to online forums. And it's absolutely free.

I'm afraid I can't help you with your comprehension problems however, although I would suggest that a few less insults may get you a more pleasant response in the future.

PS You managed to spell 'dyslexia' correctly, which is more than I can do.

9. solano

solano New Member

Ditto.

10. TeeJay

TeeJay New Member

I was under the impression that you are the person who decides what is and is not an acceptible on the boards. I thought you did this by warning people about their posts and if they ignored the warning you gagged them and/or blocked their IP address. Sorry if I've got this wrong. Maybe you could refer me to the place where all this kind of stuff is all written down?

11. editor

I do wish people would fucking look before engaging in knee jerk reactions and posting nonsense all over these boards

At the top of every single forum there is a thread called 'Posting FAQ: please read'.

Had you bothered to follow that simple request, you would have learnt the guidelines for posting here.

You will note that all the guidelines are there to try and stop the boards being spammed/trolled/attacked/maliciously linked or used to promote illegal content. There is nothing about me - or the moderators - 'gagging' individuals - the only people who get booted off are ones who continually ignore these guidelines or piss off the community here.

Any more questions?

12. TeeJay

TeeJay New Member

Why don't you put in something about identifying individuals or making personal attacks on people especially where this is grossly off topic?

You could also just say that anyone attacking the editor will be booted. Its the same rules as apply to a pub - if you walk in and insult the landlord they are quite within their rights to show you the door and it's only to be expected. It doesn't mean that there isn't freedom of speech for people who behave in a reasonable and respectful manner.

13. editor

So do you think I should ban Solano?

He's dedicated some considerable effort into insulting me recently.

14. TeeJay

TeeJay New Member

I think it would be a good idea to float it around as a suggested addition to the 'Posting FAQ: please read'. I'll also PM you a copy of the equivalent thingy for another forum that I use a lot and which seems to be popular. As for Solano ... hmm, I don't have all the facts - this is where you come in.;)

15. solano

solano New Member

deary me, this is all so boring, if you remember mr editor, our first 'meeting' was you lambasting me for the dreadfull crime of putting club before country (this will all seem very boring to those who are more interested in the origional points that this thread was evoking). you and a couple of other welsh football fans attacked both me and my club for the henious crime that also led to vile welsh nationalists sending death threats to a 69 yearold pensioner* (bobby robson) & you wonder why i got slightly insulting? then i make a 'jibe' at the position of this thread (can you prove me wrong?) & you take it as an attack on you & carry on & on about it. I've got better things to do with my time than keep going toe to toe with you, i've enjoyed taking part in all the threads on u75 and have found the site enjoyable on many occasions, but it's time to call time and for me to fuck off for good. I stand by every word i have written on these boards (especially ernestolynch being a Knacker) and my post history is there for people to make up their own minds.

Howay the Lads

*before you get all shirty & call your lawyer, i've never said that your good self was responsible for writing these fowl scribes.

Edited : the 'henious crime' was resting an injured player who is on record saying he could not play. And editor, i never said you agreed with the actions of the letter writting scum.

16. editor

I didn't make any of those threats, neither did I condone them in any way - so to use that as an excuse for your personal insults is not only inaccurate, it's deeply dishonest.

Why should I should carry the can for the actions of people I don't even know?

You're welcome to keep posting here, but if you can't separate the issues from the personalities, perhaps it's best you go.

17. Friz

Friz New Member

I think the 'brian bows out of Brixton' thread died of natural causes.
    RIP.

18. solano

solano New Member

resurrected

editor, i've just done a search on my posts & can not find the thread we first met on (club/country) any idea where it is?

19. IntoStella

IntoStella Banned Banned

No, it just became a wankerfest. :(

20. editor

resurrected

Why are you still here? Didn't you just flounce off?

21. IntoStella

IntoStella Banned Banned

resurrected

If you were paying attention, twerp, you would know that old threads have to be deleted all the time to make server space. Of course, it's an outrage that anyone might have destroyed any precious examples of your deathless prose. From your ludicrous conviction that Mike is some sort of onerous authoritarian figure, I can only assume that you are in the region of 11 or 12 years old and you just got told off for not doing your geography homework. You are being incredibly tedious.

22. GarfieldLeChat

GarfieldLeChat fucking awesome but wrong

Re: resurrected

and that's bitch slapping your arse :p

23. editor

Guess what: solano's just registered under a different name.

Some people just have no principles or honesty, do they?

24. newbie

newbie undisambiguated

Can you be sure? There have been occasions when three separate people have logged in from this IP address, two of them on the same PC. How can you know who's sitting there pressing the keys?

25. solano

solano New Member

Re: resurrected

i re-registered under the name 'solano's toe' (how honest is that ed?)in order to provide the below reply, i originally tried using 'solano' but was unable for some reason on my comp at home (this normally works fine, it was as if my IP had been blocked or something)

just as well i refreshed my page here at work and seen your post ed or i would have to write another reply to explain (no, please no!)

no need to get your knickers in a twist, i'm well aware of the fact old threads are deleated for space, i just thought for nostalgic reasons i would re-read the above mentioned thread before i flounced off for good. despite it only being 2/3 weeks old It just came as a slight suprise that there is no history of it in my own post logs, despite posts from months ago being there (including references to posts long since deleted) & also no hint of it on the origional forum (despite much older threads hanging around) anyway, it's all water under the bridge now, and there are many other things of greater importance. may you all find love and true happiness.

best wishes,

solano
    x

26. ernestolynch

ernestolynch Banned Banned

Re: Re: resurrected

Including me, the ............ what was it again?

27. BL2ALLb

BL2ALLb New Member

Cheers Brain....never met him........but it is quie rare to meet a copper with balls...............and courage...........

some very socaialist men try to change the system from within......they are far and few between.................

but they try. Which is more than most.

Hats off to you geezer........but always remember when all the power games have been done it is the lowly paid worker that wipes the bum.

Bad Karma comes to all in the end.

Thankyou tho for communicating which most cops will do but are on their guard when they do..and the uniform is very questionale so I hope you will be quietly questioning within.

The latest unemployed figures did not include the crack heads..or socially excluded........they must also must not be forgotten....................Brian has a pension..........a lot dont.

Dont say it often ......but thanx for the learning and the progressive communication. Its not often Im nice to a man in authority. Fullstop.I crashed onto the boards because of the barrister takin us to war.

28. editor

Re: Re: resurrected

Are we in for yet another of these 'long goodbyes' that always seem to hang around in the air like a bad smell after a poster has flounced off the site, swearing never to return?

Like I said, some posters ain't got any honesty....

29. BL2ALLb

BL2ALLb New Member

yeah but some have loyalty.......an old fashioned word.....and we all searching for it.

30. BL2ALLb

BL2ALLb New Member

Meaning .............my loyalities will lean towards Mike............whereas others lead to employment contracts..........

mike is freedom of speech and teaching that right...

coppers have killed my mates....Brian knows that..Sir Roger Birch knows that.the Home Office know that...............

but still we must try to communicate...........

and hope Justice....DECENCY ............exists.