Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Brexiteer complains he has to wait in queue at EU airport: ‘This isn’t the Brexit I voted for’

littlebabyjesus

one of Maxwell's demons
So we're a member of the EU in your world. I see...
The UK is following EU rules this year. After that, things may well change as the UK will (presumably) be leaving the transition period and entering into a new relationship with the EU, including new border arrangements, whatever those arrangements may be. For now, those arrangements have not been made so things carry on much as they were, but (caps lock alert) THAT SAYS NOTHING AT ALL ABOUT HOW THINGS WILL BE FROM NEXT YEAR ONWARDS.

Bahnhof Strasse

A-wob a-bob bob
The UK is following EU rules this year. After that, things may well change as the UK will (presumably) be leaving the transition period and entering into a new relationship with the EU, including new border arrangements, whatever those arrangements may be. For now, those arrangements have not been made so things carry on much as they were, but (caps lock alert) THAT SAYS NOTHING AT ALL ABOUT HOW THINGS WILL BE FROM NEXT YEAR ONWARDS.
They may well change, or they may not. I don't know, you don't know, editor doesn't know, no one knows. Therefore stating that border queues will get longer is a lie. TWAT enough for you?

editor

hiraethified
Indeed, as you clearly knew/know, which begs the question why you started this thread, based on a fake news story.
The article states that actually, but the whole point of the story is the stupid cunt's response to the queue he encountered. And as far as I can see, that's not fake at all.

littlebabyjesus

one of Maxwell's demons
Not me. I want free and unfettered access to the EU, and I want to be able to tour without having to pay for extra paperwork, carnets etc, or be subjected to border checks.
And despite the FACT that the UK has left the EU, this is still entirely within the power of the UK govt to achieve if it so wishes.

editor

hiraethified
And despite the FACT that the UK has left the EU, this is still entirely within the power of the UK govt to achieve if it so wishes.
Don't know about you, but I'm not holding out a lot of hope that travelling to Europe in 2021 with my band will be as seamless as it is now.

The39thStep

Not me. I want free and unfettered access to the EU, and I want to be able to tour without having to pay for extra paperwork, carnets etc, or be subjected to border checks.
Personally I don’t think the queues in most main airports especially those used by tourists will be any worse than they are now tbh.

Teaboy

It definitely looks brighter over there..
I really don't care. Being a human and I'd only waste that precious extra time. Might as well stand in the queue at least there is safety in numbers.

The39thStep

Not sure whether that's true. I often recall overtaking long lines of people as I walked into the 'EU only' queue.
I suppose it’s where you go.Personally I’ve never seen long queues at airports in Spain, France , Italy or Portugal for non EU tbh as the majority of people getting off the planes have been EU . As I said before Portugal is planning on introducing UK fast track lines alongside the EU ones, other countries reliant in tourism may well do the same . Anyway we’ll see .

Teaboy

It definitely looks brighter over there..
IME the worst queues are always at UK airports. Then again I do tend to go to tin pot countries who just wave you through without looking at your passport.