1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Brew Crew

Discussion in 'music, bands, clubs & festies' started by northernhord, Apr 15, 2006.

1. northernhord

northernhord Well-Known Member

During the 80s-90s there was a group of travellers calling themselves the Brew Crew they were called the brew crew cos they were always pissed on special brew, their version of Anarchism was all about robbing and beating people up who they didnt like. One time when I was preparing a meal for the people I was travelling with a handful of these fuckin drunken idiots came over and tried to help themselves to our pot of stew, I leaned over and said 'there is only enough for us five' which there was as we only had a handful of spuds carrotts and a bit of garlic left.
    One of these fuckers pushed me over whilst I was leaning down so I picked up our wood cutting machete and told him to fuck off, this made him mad he said 'Do you know who we are' I answered 'I dont give a fuck who you are piss and let us eat our tea' they fucked and came back hours later with even more people pissed out of their heads on special brew, they wanted to trash our benders and vehicles and werent about to let this bunch of pricks destroy what we had worked hard for.
    I stood there like Jack Nicholson mad eyed machete in hand, one of mates had a huge tractor spanner my other three mates held burning sticks, one of the brew crew ran at us and was so pissed that he fell over before he got anywhere near us, we all burst out laughing and they retreated when they saw we werent passive hippy types.

One of the main problems with the brew crew was that nobody took them on I mean we werent violent but as we were bought up rough arse manchester we werent about to let these fuckers destroy what we believed in.
    At subsequent festivals I was harrassed by these idiots that ended up in an ugly altecation which saw me and mate trying to fend four of them off, they only stopped when my mate knocked their biggest bloke out with a single blow, after that they left us alone.

When i think back to those days apart from the trouble we had from Thatcher and the Police the brew crew were the biggest source of trouble and it was these scumbags thought originally bought heroin onto travellers site, shame on you.

Nigel likes this.
  2. Ground Elder

Ground Elder Well-Known Member

I've know plenty: some are now dead, some have grown up into reasonable human beings, some are still cunts :(

3. northernhord

I had heard that some em had died and some ended up OK, in fact there is a couple of them in Bolton, one is still an arsehole, the other is OK, its a shame they couldnt behave at the time tossers ;)

4. bluestreak

bluestreak HomosexualityIsStalin’sAtomBombtoDestroyAmerica

some of em (or their type) showed up at the green mania site in leytonstone at the arse end of the no m11 protests and i fucking loathed what happened to the site. ruined things there, it got really shit until they were turfed out. you have to police your own communities and too often these cunts weren't policed.

Nigel likes this.
  5. northernhord

exactly, no one would take these fuckers on hence them getting away with murder, buncha plastic anarchist motherfuckers. :mad:

Nigel likes this.
  6. useless-eater

useless-eater New Member

oh,they were such a pain in the back,or head or any part of your body they could hurt.
    They reminded me of animals that hunt in packs,big brave guys weren't they?Bullies,nazis call em what you will,they did what Thatcher spent millions on,trying to disband and end the free festival travelling scene,they did it for her on the ground with intimidation,violence and smack,and they did it for free(or did they?conspiracy theorists have a different view).
    I still have an everlasting image burned on my memory,(and that's pretty burnt out these days as i get older)of a middle aged old hippy being beaten badly and his car set on fire at Ribblehead festival for apparently evicting them from a housing co-operative house they had taken over and trashed.
    I can still see the old guy on the floor smiling with blood pouting from his mouth as the pack smashed him to bits,mu mate gave them the nazi sieg heil salute,they didn't see it as they were too pissed to no what day it was,everybody on site just stood and watched as they battered him,if i could turn back time i would have given em like wise,but hen they always took revenge to disgusting levels,just like the nazis did.
    I hope those lot carry the guilt they should and have grown up and started to live in a way totally opposite to what they were like,to those that died well,karma works its way sometimes.
    written on a boring sunday afternoon,with nothing else to .
    glad those sort of folk are not around the 'alternative,counter culture scene' anymore,if they are 'do unto others etc etc...

7. sheothebudworths

sheothebudworths Up the bum - no babies!!!

Weird bump :hmm:
    If that's you, northernhord - how's the plot? :cool:

8. useless-eater

useless-eater New Member

no not northernhord mate,plots fine tho.thanks.

9. useless-eater

useless-eater New Member

"in fact there is a couple of them in Bolton" doesn't suprise me,its a shithole(sorry Boltonians).

10. lizzieloo

lizzieloo Numpty extraordinaire

My husband was a bit brew crew a long time ago. :( :oops:

He's not now, we do sometimes have a couple of tins of Tennants super though, we did last night but instead of getting shite and lairy we watched a film. :cool:

11. Ground Elder

Ground Elder Well-Known Member

Although it has to be said a few brew crew would liven up the dull predictability of most 21st century festivals.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2014
    Miss-Shelf, Fozzie Bear and Onket like this.