Breaking Bad Film

Discussion in 'books, films, TV, radio & writing' started by Badgers, Nov 8, 2018 at 11:33 AM.

1. Badgers

Badgers Mr Big Shrimp!

'Breaking Bad' Movie From Creator Vince Gilligan in the Works

2. Yossarian

Yossarian free shrugs

"The escape of a kidnapped man and his quest for freedom" - sounds like the movie is going to be 2 hours of Jesse Pinkman trying to dodge federal agents and cartel gangsters. Maybe they'll bring back Walter White as a ghostly apparition giving him shitty advice.

keybored, 8ball and Badgers like this.
  3. Plumdaff

Plumdaff joy in people

He'll wander into a Cinnabon in Omaha, Nebraska...

4. donkyboy

donkyboy Crazy cat man

they have done great with BB and BCS, so I have no problem with a potential movie.

keybored and PippinTook like this.
  5. PippinTook

PippinTook A flower does not ask to bloom, it just does.

Can't wait.
    I just hope Bryan Cranston is in it.

Badgers likes this.
  6. Reno

Reno The In Kraut

There goes my hope that this would be a spin-off about one of my fave minor characters, Wendy. :(

Badgers likes this.
  7. Badgers

Badgers Mr Big Shrimp!

The Breaking Bad franchise is pretty decent. They dragged it out a bit but overall it was entertaining. Better Call Saul has been (for me) as good or better and hopefully the film will follow suit.

neonwilderness likes this.
  8. T & P

T & P |-o-| (-o-) |-o-|

I have a problem with this, even if it turns out everyone behind the series will be involved in the film. I think film-to-TV-series is a natural progression, but I struggle to see how it can work the other way around.

Admittedly there have been some successful series-to-film progressions (Mission Impossible being a prime example) but in most cases such a long time had elapsed the film was effectively a reboot and the original series could be safely ignored.

Breaking Bad is far too recent and far too good to reboot, and the story was rounded up and concluded with no loose ends so I wonder what the storyline will be about. Kill it with fire IMO.