Brazilian Jiu Jitsu thread

Discussion in 'general sports' started by bromley, Feb 5, 2019.

1. bromley

bromley ...isn't as good as Lewisham.

Yeah, two bow and arrows, the first with the choking arm being under his arm! Not sure how that worked!

When I was coming to after getting choked out I thought I was on the floor of a rave off my nut! Very embarrassing when you're back with it. Thankfully only my sparring partner was aware of it :D

Virtual Blue likes this.
  2. iona

iona makes George Orwell look like a dalek

We had a guy go to sleep for a second while someone was demonstrating a bow and arrow choke on him the other week! Not happened to me yet...

Caught a kneebar and a couple toeholds in no gi earlier :cool:

Pickman's model and Virtual Blue like this.
  3. Virtual Blue

Virtual Blue ready

I'm training at another local club (every Monday), I just need to play against different bodies.
    And these guys are averaging between 85-90kg and its good practice.
    Enjoying it.

iona likes this.
  4. iona

Feel like I need something like that. Especially training mostly mornings, it's easy to end up just having the same few rolls again and again with the same few people. Got something else on Tues/Thurs am the next couple weeks so evening classes instead should do for a change.

Pickman's model likes this.
  5. bromley

Did the Dartford BJJ open yesterday. They messed up and had a 76kg person in the 64kg division. Even after it was pointed out to them they let him fight and win the final. :facepalm:

Virtual Blue and Pickman's model like this.
  6. iona

That's a bit shit. Who runs it, do you know?

Pickman's model likes this.
  7. Virtual Blue

Virtual Blue ready

Absolutely....what a joke!

8. Virtual Blue

Virtual Blue ready

In HK for the last two weeks and had plans to visit the guys at Jordan.
    But man, I have another staph infection - this time through eczema.

My skin isn’t coping very well.
    3 infections in 2 months.

Been running every day instead.

9. bromley

Destory Inc.

Their next event is combat Jiu Jitsu. :eek:

Haven't complained to them, not sure if I should or just move on and get ready for the next comp and put it behind me. A guy I subbed at Kleos ended up getting the silver and mauled by the 76kger.

10. LynnDoyleCooper

LynnDoyleCooper Up against the wall motherfucker.

I've not been to BJJ for a few months now, my body just gets battered so much, feel like it's so injury prone for me, or at the very least exacerbates all my old age niggles. Sticking to boxing, and then running and strength and conditioning for the forseeable.

11. iona

Who they? : outoftouch :

Were rumours of Carlsons starting a Kent Open at Dartford when the English changed venues, guess this is summat else?

12. iona

I've not been BJJ or gym in a couple weeks coz of lambing. Running up and down the Downs trying to catch sheep counts as cardio / takedown practice though right? :hmm:

LynnDoyleCooper likes this.
  13. bromley

I think it's their first comp. Definitely the last our club will be doing with them!

Grappling industries are doing a London event July 20th which is a Saturday!! :eek::thumbs: