Boycott Canada Goose clothes. The fur flogging scumbags

Discussion in 'protest, direct action and demos' started by editor, Jun 8, 2018.

1. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

2. Dr. Furface

Dr. Furface One small step for man

Their goose is cooked

BoxRoom, farmerbarleymow and editor like this.
  3. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

I hope you took a gander at the article.

4. 8ball

8ball Up to something

So many fur-collared coats around last winter. I'd just assumed they were all fake fur (been so long since the "I'd rather go naked" campaigns etc.).

5. Pickman's model

Pickman's model Every man and every woman is a star

Badgers likes this.
  6. 8ball

8ball Up to something

You mean in the media recently? I'm not a big consumer of fashion news.

Though that's really bad. I'd have thought fake fur would be a lot cheaper to produce in any case.
    I've just seen the prices of this Canada Goose gear. I think it shouldn't be too hard to boycott - I'll add it to the list along with Bugatti, Rolex and Feretti.

7. Pickman's model

Look at the date on the article. More than a year ago sky were reporting fake fur could be real.

Badgers likes this.
  8. 8ball

8ball Up to something

Ah, right. Did you add the link in an edit? I hadn't seen that when I replied.

Pickman's model likes this.
  9. Pickman's model

Soz thought had been speedy.

Badgers and 8ball like this.
  10. FridgeMagnet

FridgeMagnet Administrator

There are people protesting there pretty consistently on Saturdays - I saw some while I was doing some street photography in the evening in January, and I’ve seen them since then too. Glad to hear they’re keeping it up.

A857C156-C8ED-4D08-85D1-C1E2E060D9F0.jpeg

I also saw protests outside MAC on Carnaby Street recently (for animal testing) though I don’t know if those are also consistent ones or whether it was a one off.

11. dessiato

dessiato Looking for my shopping trolley

I'm not sure I have a problem with some fur. If a rabbit is killed for food using the fur seems reasonable.

But raising and killing an animal just for the fur seems unacceptably bad.

likesfish likes this.
  12. 8ball

8ball Up to something

I think the cows raised for leather are different ones to the ones raised for meat. Or dairy.

13. dessiato

Yes, that's probably right. That is, I think, wrong. But if the animals killed for meat are then also used for leather, I think that's a lesser evil.

14. 8ball

8ball Up to something

Make your mind up! :mad:

15. Dr. Furface

Dr. Furface One small step for man

This particular brand was everywhere last winter - I saw so many people wearing them and it bugged me that I didn't know what the logo was, until I found out. I didn't much like the look of them but I just assumed it must be fake fur.

16. dessiato

Badly written on my part.

I think that it is correct that dairy, beef, and leather cattle are different. And I think that producing any animal for only the pelt is wrong.

17. 8ball

8ball Up to something

Must be some money about..

18. TopCat

TopCat Gone away, no forwarding address

Dont see the problem with fur myself.

NoXion likes this.
  19. not-bono-ever

not-bono-ever Not what they want but what is good for them

many of the CG bits you see is fake from china anyway- and there is zero control of the use of fur out there. the fakes were less than $100 retail in Shanghai markets last winter season- with holo tags and all the labelling.

I am ambivalent about fur if its used in places where people have used fur for eons. Its just a bit shit if you are wearing a full on CG parka on Oxford street in November when its like 5c

20. Spymaster

Spymaster Trigger

I see no reason why anyone who eats meat should have a problem with wearing fur. If we’re happy to exploit animals for food then why not for clothing? As with food animals though, those farmed for their skins should be reared and dispatched with the least amount of suffering as possible.

A380, NoXion and 8ball like this.
  21. TopCat

TopCat Gone away, no forwarding address

Good animal husbandry yes. Respect to the veggies who oppose fur but meat eating leather wearing types should have a think.

Spymaster and Pickman's model like this.
  22. Spymaster

Spymaster Trigger

The other thing about this is that it’s coming from PETA, who are massive lying arseholes.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2018
    likesfish, A380, NoXion and 1 other person like this.
  23. spring-peeper

spring-peeper Well-Known Member

24. 8ball

8ball Up to something

25. Calamity1971

Calamity1971 If Mr Peanut says It's okay, then it is.

Yeh, because all anti fur protesters are vegan :facepalm:.

PippinTook likes this.
  26. PippinTook

PippinTook Some are born to sweet delight

I don't think you can eat these coats....

27. PippinTook

PippinTook Some are born to sweet delight

I've no problem boycotting Canada Goose ...they're way out of my price range.
    I think they're designed for bitterly cold Canadian winters....but have been hijacked by the fashionista who will wear them even in 12 degree heat.

28. joustmaster

joustmaster offcumdun

Yeah - its quite ridiculous that they have got their brand to such a state that when I see their name attached to something I instantly think that its full of lies and half truths.

Spymaster likes this.
  29. Edie

Edie Well-Known Member

Have you seen how expensive their coats are?!!!! My eldest was nagging me for one all winter.

Boycott them? :D I couldn’t afford one if I wanted one. You lot must have been living down London too long.

PippinTook likes this.
  30. Edie

Edie Well-Known Member

The coats start from about £676 :eek: