BorisWatch

Discussion in 'London and the South East' started by editor, Jun 3, 2008.

1. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

2. lenny101

lenny101 On the Rock & Roll

3. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Indeed:
    Nice one Boris!

Cunt.

4. ATOMIC SUPLEX

ATOMIC SUPLEX Member Since: 1985 Post Count: 3

What a tit. What an utter shit. shit shit shit. We knew he was going to do this though didn't we.

He is so out of touch. London was almost looking like a good example to the rest to the worlds big cities. Twat.

5. London_Calling

London_Calling Pleasant and unpatronising

As I mentioned in Transport, the feeling among lawyers I know is that Porshe almost certainly had the better of the argument - they'd say this is about cutting your losses.

6. Bernie Gunther

Bernie Gunther Fundamentalist Druid

The people of Merseyside warmly invite Boris for a fraternal visit, among the many attractions planned is that traditional delicacy the 'Anfield Hot Leg'.

7. Bernie Gunther

Bernie Gunther Fundamentalist Druid

Of course, being a Tory he'd probably enjoy having 800,000 or so angry scousers pissing in his pockets. Eton affects them like that I understand.

8. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Maybe. But they wouldn't be privy to Ken's argument so I wouldn't put too much store amongst your laywer pals' comments.

After all, Ken didn't exactly have a habit of losing in court and he generally chose his battles wisely.

9. Well the money is going to a charity which gives youngsters training in mechanical skills, so that's something.

It was quite funny watching the highlights of Ken's interview with London Today, asked what does he give Boris out of ten "2 or 3" :D

10. nino_savatte

nino_savatte No pasaran!

So, thanks to this floppy-haired prick, we can expect more 4x4s on our streets. How is this going to tackle pollution? :mad:

11. newbie

newbie undisambiguated

yes we did.

who is he out of touch with??? he's just won an election with this as a major plank of his manifesto.

12. HackneyE9

HackneyE9 Well-Known Member

So let's recap Boris' record after two months:

- U-turn on Routemasters.
    - Abandons Thames Water reservoir appeal.
    - Scraps £25 gas guzzler charge
    - Gives Porsche £400k of tax payers money.
    - Appoints cronies from Westminster council.
    - Has to sack advisor for being racist.
    - Has to allow deputy mayor to resign for being dodgy.
    - Scraps anti-racist music festival theme.

Hmmm. Only another three years and 10 months to go!

13. ATOMIC SUPLEX

ATOMIC SUPLEX Member Since: 1985 Post Count: 3

Yesterday he said that people who bought smaller cars were adding to the air pollution problem because now they would have two cars. What a dick, it's not like they would be driving both around London at once even if they did keep the other car.

He is 'out of touch' with reality.

14. HackneyE9

HackneyE9 Well-Known Member

He won zones 4-6. Those well-known London landmarks...like Bromley.

15. newbie

newbie undisambiguated

indeed so, plus a few rich bits in the middle. Which means he won the election and is now implementing the manifesto on which he, and the Evening Standard, stood.

I don't like it, or him, any more than you do.

16. London_Calling

I don't understand. There are no secrets - nothing to be privy to, just laws to apply to given circs. Everything is disclosed in the pre-court documentation anyway (intended to reduce court time and costs)?

17. London_Calling

Bromley didn't vote until this election.

The whole point is this time Bromley did vote, so even though Ken's total vote went up, the Tory vote went up much more.

18. citydreams

citydreams on the road again

This is Porsche's position
    http://www.porschejudicialreview.co.uk/news_04_10_08.htm

This is absolutely completely bollox. 100% fact free fallacy.

Boris is a snivelling little toad. His desire to bend over the bonet has cost TfL £1 million in legal fees.

19. g force

g force Affects Shatner's Basoon

Oh FFS :rolleyes::mad:

20. nino_savatte

nino_savatte No pasaran!

Bromley has a history. It was Bromley Council who, in 1981, began a campaign to thwart Fares Fair. Bromley is full of Tory voters who drive gas guzzling vehicles. They don't have a Tube station nor do they have access to the Croydon Tramlink. One suspects that a combination of envy and bloody-mindedness is to blame.

21. Gixxer1000

Gixxer1000 cant wheelie a shaftie :(

Well my experience of the congestion charge zone is horrendous traffic on the periphery of the zone. :rolleyes:

22. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

That's greenwash of the highest order.

23. Badgers

Badgers Mr Big Shrimp!

Is it true that Max Moseley and Jade Goody are gonna be working with him?

24. London_Calling

I'm afraid what you link to is three months out of date. July 07 2008:

25. citydreams

It's not out of date at all. The research undertaken by King's College Environmental Research Group (ERG) was known to have been flawed for some time (they managed to get a decimal point in the wrong place).

TfL's lawyers don't have any say in what the new Mayor tells them to accept.

Introducing a polluter pays charge does not, in any way, reduce air quality. The ERG models include the £0 Band A and Band B exemption. TfL had produced its own forecasts using its own models which were reviewed by the Mayor prior to him making a decision. This included the option of removing, or modifying the exemption where necessary. For example, the Mayor could, under the variation order, change the level of discount from 120 g/km to 100 g/km.

Boris was elected under a manifesto of removing the £25 charge. He made no mention of the Band A and Band B exemption.

26. ChrisSouth

ChrisSouth Well-Known Member

Where?

Cycled around the Elephant and Castle roundabout this morning. Was the traffic horrendous - no.

Cylceld through Kennington Cross yesterday. Was the traffic horrendous - no.

Up through Vauxhall Cross last week. Was the traffic horrendous - no. Perhaps I'm long in the tooth, but I recall when it truly was horrendous. Those were the days before the congestion charge.

27. Mitre10

Mitre10 50% more profanity inside

Do you have a link for that please because I cannot find anything and strongly suspect it to be utter bollocks.

A multi-national company were about to use this in one of the highest profile court cases in years and knew that the main cornerstone of their evidence was flawed from the outset?

I don't think so.

28. citydreams

I think you've taken what I wrote the wrong way round.

The ERG work was done for TfL. Porsche picked up on it. But Ken's decision wasn't based on the ERG work, it was based on TfL's models.

29. Mitre10

Mitre10 50% more profanity inside

Apologies then, it wan't too clear what you meant previously.

30. onthebrightside

onthebrightside thinking too much

Despite areas like Bromley being made up of a range of potential voters the vast majority of people I know there couldn't be bothered to vote despite thinking Boris is an idiot. Apathy amongst non Tories is also to blame.