BorisWatch

Discussion in 'London and the South East' started by editor, Jun 3, 2008.

1. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Post up examples of Boris's buffoonery here.

I'll start with his announcement of another U Turn on his promise of a permanent memorial to World War II tactical commander Sir Keith Park on the 4th plinth at Trafalgar Square.

Speaking on BBC London TV, Boris toffed: "If he had my way I'd rename Hyde Park 'Keith Park'."

Yah. Rly.

2. Kid_Eternity

Kid_Eternity "You might be a lord but here comes the king."

3. Pieface

Pieface New Member

His first appearance at whatever the mayor's equivalent of prime ministers questions was embarrassing. Saw it on London news. He joked the whole way through it - when councillors were trying to ask the mayor of London questions.

I hadn't really seen him in action before that :(

4. King Biscuit Time

King Biscuit Time Well-Known Member

Is this up online anywhere? I assume it must be somewhere.

5. Pieface

Pieface New Member

I don't know - it was on London Tonight or whatever it's called. I just couldn't believe how much he was dicking around. Ken was in the public gallery watching too - all stony faced.

6. Pieface

Pieface New Member

Actually - that's a BBC programme isn't it? Try the beeb website - maybe the London/South East region.

7. skyscraper101

skyscraper101 0891 50 50 50

8. ajdown

ajdown Posting in this thread

So... can anyone point me to any websites that ripped apart everything that Ken Livingstone said or did?

9. DotCommunist

DotCommunist slowtime

10. ajdown

I wasn't talking about a newspaper, which just reports facts.

I'm just curious there seems to be a proliferation of "anti-Boris" sites popping up when Ken Livingstone did more to damage London in his 8 years than Hitler managed.

11. terrythomas

terrythomas An absolute shower

12. DotCommunist

DotCommunist slowtime

*points and laughs*

13. ajdown

A bronx cheer in your general direction.

14. HackneyE9

HackneyE9 Well-Known Member

Er...does anyone feel the need to take ajdown seriously after THIS...?

15. baldrick

baldrick ooooh timewarp

nobody's taken him seriously for quite some time, I can assure you.

16. g force

g force Affects Shatner's Basoon

Post of the year :D:D:D

17. Crispy

Crispy The following psytrance is baṉned: All

Ahahahaha! :D:D:D

18. ajdown

So... everyone jumps on and disagrees with "newspaper reporting facts" ... but nobody disagrees that Red Ken did more damage to London than Hitler.

Thanks for the confirmation.

19. Monkeygrinder's Organ

Monkeygrinder's Organ Dodgy geezer swilling vapid lager

:D:D:D

That has to be the single dumbest post I've seen since 2001.

You truly are a knob of knobs.

20. Fruitloop

Fruitloop communism will win

It's too risible for serious comment.

21. Kid_Eternity

Kid_Eternity "You might be a lord but here comes the king."

Ffs this should be a great thread not an excuse for pro bojo tossers to troll.

22. ajdown

Why does being anti-Ken automatically make me pro-Boris?

I didn't really like any of the candidates put up for mayor, but Boris seemed the least-bad option.

23. zenie

zenie >^^<

I saw that and posted about it. He was just being a total dickheadd, laughing and joking, and waffling about nothing really.

i felt a bit sad when I saw Ken sat there, he looked like he was gonna cry :(

What is Ken doing now? :confused:

:cool:

No the bit about Hitler was a blatant troll, your other comment was a bit more subtle. Start your own thread about Ken if you hate him that much.

Borois is an incompetent Tory cunt end of.

24. skyscraper101

skyscraper101 0891 50 50 50

25. ajdown

So earlier in this thread someone laughed because I said the Standard reported facts. You believe this story because it suits your own agenda, rather than denigrating it because it's in a newspaper?

If you thought it wouldn't take any time or effort to unravel the mess that Ken had left, you're living in a dream world. I'd say that was probably money well invested to get this city back up on its feet and behaving like the world leader it should be sooner.

Do you honestly believe that Ken did everything he could to make the transition easy for Boris, because knowing what a weasel he is he probably went out of his way to cause havoc. I don't know what he's doing now but he can jump under one of his beloved bendy buses for all I care.

26. scifisam

scifisam feck! arse! girls! drink!

How on Earth is it costing so much to 'handover' power? :confused:

Fair's fair, though - we don't know if any other new Mayor would have cost less, because this is the first change we've had. Still, I don't get where the costs are coming from.

27. Paulie Tandoori

Paulie Tandoori shut it you egg!

Yes, i can well imagine Ken sneaking around City Hall on his last night, removing all the light bulbs, pouring paraffin in the cisterns, pissing in the lifts, heavens-to-betsy, its a wonder that we're all still alive innit....:rolleyes:

piss poor sonny, piss poor 0/10 :hmm:

28. ajdown

A critical fact that nobody else seems to want to acknowledge.

29. ajdown

Well you can have a read of this whilst I keep looking.

https://s.p10.hostingprod.com/@spyblog.org.uk/ssl/mol/2007/09/the_bow_group_report_versus_ma.html

In all honesty, the two-legged disaster that is Ken Livingstone can be summarised in three words... "Congestion Charge, Olympics".

How much from this page: http://www.kenlivingstone.com/media/first_and_second_preferences_for_ken_solidify have people followed through after pledging support for Ken? Arabella Weir isn't dead yet, is she?

30. scifisam

scifisam feck! arse! girls! drink!

You said newspapers 'just report facts.' As if facts are all they report. Newspapers do usually include some facts in their reports, but they're hidden among opinion and propoganda (especially in the Standard). I wonder if that paper is going to start being anti-Boris as much as it was anti-Ken? I kinda hope not - such biased reporting really is tiresome.

Really not sure what you think they're spending this money on, to 'unravel the mess Ken left.' What, exactly?