Boomtown 2019

Discussion in 'festivals' started by Ranbay, Oct 25, 2018.

1. Ranbay

Ranbay The same rules apply

Tickets on sale soon yeah?

Tempted to go again seen as missed out on Glasto tickets.

:D

2. sim667

sim667 Licking windows on the 303 bus.

Too expensive..... £305 for a tier 1 (if I got it) and my camper. Too many turbo lads now for me too.

3. William of Walworth

William of Walworth Festographer

Ticket launch day is this coming Thursday, 1st November -- at 7 pm.

Yes those tix are expensive, true :hmm: ... but we have a works bonus kicking in on payday (1st November! :thumbs: ) and festivaldeb's saids she's happy for me to use my better leave quota -- I'm part-time -- on going to one big festival without her (we'll be going together to a swathe of others, working Glasto included :) ). And I have Boomtown-bound mates, who are planning to go again :D

So as a one-off, it'll be Boomtown for me next year for thee first time since 2009. I have the idea of aiming for one of those slightly cheaper coach packages, which also seem to apply (when you look at the above link) to coming onsite by shuttle coach from Winchester station.

Be warned, when (if?) I do manage to get a ticket, I'll have loads of questions! :D

4. Ranbay

£265.10 :eek:

5. William of Walworth

The only fest I'll be doing in 2019 without the camper, and just with a small tent ... I'll need to learn once again to travel very light because I can't drive it ... or maybe I'll be able to get a lift to Winchester ;)

Ranbay likes this.
  6. William of Walworth

I'm seeing this on my link :

7. Ranbay

if you can get teir one, and pay it all up front,... 5 days and installments is £265!

8. sim667

There'll be like 20 tier 1's...... The most likely anyone will get is tier 2.

Ranbay likes this.
  9. Harry Smiles

Harry Smiles Well-Known Member

What's a turbo lad?

10. sim667

Tribal tattoos, free tommy t-shirt, all about the "bantz"

11. Harry Smiles

Harry Smiles Well-Known Member

Christ, are there people at a music festival in Free Tommy ts? Or is that an exaggeration?

12. sim667

I'm kind of taking the piss, but also not.....

13. Ground Elder

Ground Elder Well-Known Member

Last year someone described Boomtown to me as a festival where the crew hate the punters and the security hate the crew :eek: :hmm: ;)

14. William of Walworth

I'm not listening :p .... planning to go and check it all out next August whatever! Working on a little plan for me and mate (in Cheshire) to be in a syndicate of two :D for tickets next Thursday, I'll happen to have a bit more cash than normal by 1st November so let's squander! :)

15. sim667

And the old school punters hate the new school punters.

Ground Elder likes this.
  16. Gromit

Gromit International Man of Misery

The security were robbing the crew left right and centre last year. Loads of reports on the crew Facebook and WhatsApp feeds. I passed thru unscathed tho.

17. Ground Elder

Ground Elder Well-Known Member

Yes - people I talked to said there was no way they'd do Boomtown again, having had their vans completely turned over by aggressive, abusive, thieving security teams.

18. William of Walworth

Well it looks like I'm going now! :eek:

Friend has secured 2 tickets. No van though, festivaldeb can drive that where she wants over the weekend I'll be away.

And my main plan will be to keep clear of security as far as I can :hmm:

Whan I have time I'll reread last year's Boomtown thread here, and a few other sources ... then I can ask some questions ... :confused:

19. sim667

As a punter they were perfectly fine with me, although having a pen knife confiscated out of my van whilst they let my friends through with bread knives and all sorts of knives was irritating.