Boomtown 2018

Discussion in 'festivals' started by Mumbles274, Nov 1, 2017.

1. Mumbles274

Mumbles274 running from law and the press and the parents

My daughter has just got a ticket.. She's well excited :cool:

2. sim667

sim667 Licking windows on the 303 bus.

I’ve got mine, really not happy about the cost of the campervan tickets, so that’s making me question whether I actually want to go now.

3. Part 2

Part 2 bizarre wanking accident

Got a ticket for my son, tried for earlybirds but there were so many options so I've no idea what I ended up with. He'll be chuffed he's going though.

4. The_Reverend_M

The_Reverend_M More bass, vicar?

Ticket bagged on the night of release :cool: No chance of getting an earlybird though :(

5. William of Walworth

William of Walworth Festographer

I won't be going (not next year, anyway -- other commitments) but here's your handy links for following news, updates, line-up announcements, etc., nearer the time

Boomtown website

Boomtown Facebook

Dates : Thursday 9th to Sunday 12th August 2018

That's what you need to open a festival thread properly ;) :D

6. The_Reverend_M

Gorillaz announced as first headliner :hmm:

7. Part 2

Part 2 bizarre wanking accident

Anyone know what the ticket payment schedule usually works out? I only paid a deposit.... when do I have to pay next?

8. jimbarkanoodle

jimbarkanoodle Well-Known Member

Received an email update for crew from Boomtown, seems things arent so rosy on the logistical/licensing/financial side of things. Whilst they are in no way suggesting Boomtown 2018 will not be going ahead (it will be), its clear last year fucked them a bit in terms of the build in terrible weather and the long queues to get in, which not only pissed off a lot of people, but annoyed the authorities. Ironically, if the authorities hadnt insisted on the search procedures, it wouldnt have been a problem.

I reckon had there been another death last year, which thankfully there wasnt, there would be no Boomtown this year. And whilst ive ignored these rumours up until now, i now wouldnt be shocked if this is the last one in its current location, Matterly Bowl.

9. dervish

dervish if you flibble when you wibble, don't wobble

I'd be surprised too, no idea how the farmer manages to put quite so many events on on his farmland.

10. sim667

Quite a few mini venues have gone this year, So Fun Tek, Sewage Works, Asbo Disco and the Raveyard.

Yet the psy forests remain...... there's so much injustice in the world :(

ruffneck23 likes this.
  11. gosub

gosub ~#

Going for a license for 80,000 much to the annoyance of locals. Not been for a couple of years but cant see how that many people on that site will be pleasant

12. The_Reverend_M

Boooooooooooo! :(

13. Gromit

Gromit International Man of Misery

Ah yes the irony of safe drug testing facilities being provided yet sniffer dogs checking every single person on the way in.

14. ruffneck23

ruffneck23 Well-Known Member

15. jimbarkanoodle

jimbarkanoodle Well-Known Member

more time to search everyone at the gates basically :facepalm:

Ranbay likes this.
  16. Gromit

Gromit International Man of Misery

More time to spread the arrivals over. Not a Facepalm idea at all. It's worked well for Creamfields.

17. Ralph Llama

Ralph Llama Fuck the system.

Ahhhh... i remember seeing the cocky little shits D.M.T. crawl out of brizzle and into the U.K. tek.... I also remember rinsing their genny cos they were lightweights who packed up early LOL.... who would have though they would go on to destroy the UK TEK by selling out and then organise a `festival` <ed: removed>

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 6, 2018
  18. Crispy

Crispy The following psytrance is baṉned: All

19. ddraig

ddraig dros ben llestri

now now Ralph!!

20. sim667

Runs a successful venture........ "sell outs"

Fucksake.

editor likes this.
  21. Ralph Llama

Last edited: Apr 5, 2018
  22. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Yes, thanks for your opinion. Amazingly, tens of thousands of people manage to have a fantastic time there every year., including me.

Sorry if they're not all hardcore and pure like you.

23. Ralph Llama

I

Last edited: Apr 5, 2018
  24. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Have you a news source for this claim because - as I'm sure you understand - such accusations can be extremely damaging to the festival. If you are unable to support these accusations, I shall have to remove your posts otherwise we could be open to legal retribution.

And it does read like you're slagging off people who go to the festival.

25. dervish

dervish if you flibble when you wibble, don't wobble

Do you have any idea what it's like to have to put on a festival? Especially one like boomtown? It's not a case of geting a load of mates, a rig and a van and finding a empty warehouse. They need to liaise with the council, police, noise monitors, locals, licensing agencies and a load more interested agencies that all have their demands.

Do you really think that they want to have all that shit to deal with? If they want to put on a LEGAL (NOT underground) event they need to talk to the people that will decide whether or not it gets put on.

I think you need to sit and educate yourself about what the difference is between a festival and and a squat party I think you're a little confused.

And what exactly makes you think that a stall holder is above the law??? It's a LEGAL event, if you get caught with drugs you will get busted. FFS.

26. Ralph Llama

There. removed . And I wasnt having a go at the punters. Anyone can see that.

editor likes this.