Boomtown 2017 festival - news and discussion

Discussion in 'festivals' started by sim667, Nov 3, 2016.

1. jimbarkanoodle

jimbarkanoodle Well-Known Member

yes ive had
    Yes i have had a friend get in serious trouble because of police sniffer dogs at the entrance of Boomtown, and another couple caught out and prosecuted at Bestival. Plus reports of them going undercover in fancy dress and asking people for drugs, then arresting them if they go along with it. cunts.

Although i havent been through the pedestrian gates in a good while, i couldnt help but notice the dogs on the gates this year were security dogs, rather than police. I seem to recall it used to be a couple of plain clothed police handlers with a couple of dogs at the main entrance, but this year security guards with dogs at all entrances. Im thinking security ones arent quite as well trained, and its more for show, or to scare people into handing over their stash on demand if they look shifty? if so, i think this system is much more agreeable than the police nabbing 50 odd people at the entrance and them getting prosecuted or cautioned.

William of Walworth likes this.
  2. sim667

sim667 Licking windows on the 303 bus.

Having just got back from Shambala I've noticed actually one thing that really pisses me off about boomtown is the hideous amount of rubbish and absolutely no attempt to reduce it there.

And the amount of people pissing wherever they want.

3. JTG

JTG Angry about not being able to be an astronaut.

Proud of what we built in horrendous conditions

It's calmed down enormously over the past couple of years. Far more boozy and fewer chemicals. I blame all the shit EDM they've put on at Bang Hai

4. JTG

Security dogs are often retired from more frontline services and a bit knackered iirc

I'm always a little taken aback that the presence of police/security looking for drugs at a festival comes as a surprise to many

5. JTG

:confused: which crew catering was that then? They didn't take cash

Artists tend to be the dimmest lightbulbs in the building when it comes to festivals so they're probably dead easy to rip off

6. Gromit

Gromit International Man of Misery

They were called Nuts. Next door to the crew bigtop.

7. JTG

Ah OK, I did wonder if it was them. Thought you meant main Hilltop or Downtown catering

Excellent choice, they're very good :thumbs:

8. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

9. cupid_stunt

cupid_stunt Dyslexic cnut, & all round knob-head.

Love the drug amnesty bins. :D

10. danski

danski Comfortable chair.

Excellent photos :)

editor likes this.
  11. sim667

sim667 Licking windows on the 303 bus.

Tort that's you in number 2 :)

editor likes this.
  12. editor

editor Taffus Maximus