1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Boomtown 2017 festival - news and discussion

Discussion in 'festivals' started by sim667, Nov 3, 2016.

1. Ogirdor

Ogirdor New Member

What's the prices like? So you can only take 16 cans of your own beer then?

2. sim667

sim667 Licking windows on the 303 bus.

Standard festival prices. Yes, like it clearly states, like you've had confirmed in your response from Boomtown, you can take 16 cans.

3. Sherlock51

Sherlock51 Well-Known Member

Just get a mate who is working it to bring some booze in for you.

William of Walworth likes this.
  4. jimbarkanoodle

jimbarkanoodle Well-Known Member

Boomtown are more generous than most when it comes to alcohol allowance, but not by much! They arent overly cuntish about checking exactly how many cans you have in your bag although im sure if you took the piss and rocked up with a trolley with 5 crates strapped to it you wouldnt get far though.

Pints aren't cheap, but again, cheaper than most festivals of its size. A massive tip here is to seek out the bars that are selling the good shit, i.e 9% ciders, Leffe and Hoegarden etc. these will cost about £4.50, which is the same price if you buy a shitty can of 4% Gaymers/Becks Vier from the fast service bars near the big stages and arenas. Best place to find these bars are in the town centre uptown, but be warned, by Sunday all the strong ciders/lagers will definitely be sold out.

If you can blag your way into the staff bar, last year a pint of cold, frothy Leffe was £3 :thumbs:

The_Reverend_M likes this.
  5. jimbarkanoodle

jimbarkanoodle Well-Known Member

Staff are allowed to bring as much booze as they can carry on the first entry only. Even the staff entrances were militant, sniffer dogs the entire weekend :facepalm:

6. shambler

shambler Large member

My mate did exactly this a couple years ago, just wheeled in an entire fridge-freezer-sized coolerbox. They weren't happy but couldn't be bothered to unwrap it.

Ogirdor - usual rules apply, depends how ballsy you are. I'd recommend a middle ground of about 24-32 cans, nothing ridiculous, bolstered with a couple of those 'refiller' bladder packs of spirits, or boxes of wine/cider with the box chucked away, stuffed nicely into your bags.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2017
  7. sim667

Nicked off Facebook, may be of interest here though: RE- Stewarding.

8. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

9. ringo

ringo Macaroni cheese controller

10. wiskey

wiskey Albatross Admirer

ddraig likes this.
  11. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

I can't wait :)

12. ddraig

ddraig dros ben llestri

Think I could've got a driving job there but already confirmed a gig on Friday so no go! Booo
    Lineup looking sick as always

13. strange-fish

strange-fish no decisions...

My ticket is now available face value or best offer ☹️

ruffneck23 likes this.
  14. wiskey

wiskey Albatross Admirer

it will go fast on the fb groups

15. t0bytoo

t0bytoo Well-Known Member

Just been driving past the venue. Starting to look really good now. Feel for all of them that have been putting in the finishing touches in this crazy rain.

editor likes this.
  16. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

This fucking weather is depressing right now. The forecast picks up for the weekend but it's not going to be glorious sun.

winchest.jpg

17. wiskey

wiskey Albatross Admirer

Tbh the people of boomtown probably don't need the weather we had at Bearded, Glasto or NASS ... 25+ just wilts people at best and breaks them at worst.

editor likes this.
  18. Gromit

Gromit International Man of Misery

They are sending alerts to crew that the site is slippery but that wood chip plan is being implemented.

19. Callie

Callie Pivoting

I can't see how naff wall paper is going to help.

chainsawjob, editor and Ground Elder like this.
  20. Gromit

You strap a roll to each foot and use them like snow shoes.

21. wiskey

wiskey Albatross Admirer

Apart from the tracks into the car park all the pictures I have seen of the campsites have shown grass but it's very waterlogged... Hopefully it will drain in the next 12 hrs

22. Gromit

You crewing then?

23. beesonthewhatnow

beesonthewhatnow going deaf for a living

Reports from various tech crews on site aren't great - getting on site looks sounds grim. Lots of cars stuck already and camping areas very soggy indeed.

If the rain holds off it'll dry out a bit but expect lots of thick mud.

24. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

If the forecast is right it should dry out just fine. I'll wear my chunky Goretex hiking boots.

2017-08-09_214416.jpg

25. sim667

I'm a bit worried about getting my van onsite, they sent a message out to bring towing eyelets but I don't have one

ferrelhadley likes this.
  26. Ground Elder

Ground Elder Well-Known Member

Daughter's van has been firmly stuck in the mud for the past five hours. Due to some vehicle pass mix up, she hasn't even managed to get on site properly yet. Quite pleased I'm having this weekend off from festivals :eek: :D

27. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Oh Lordy. I'm on foot but I hope it's not going to be another Glasto-esque quagmire. I am sooo over them.

28. sim667

Isn't that staff?

29. beesonthewhatnow

beesonthewhatnow going deaf for a living

Right now it's horrible by all accounts I'm seeing. But forecast is good(ish).

30. Ground Elder

Ground Elder Well-Known Member

Yes, she's crew, but I'd imagine low priority when it comes to getting a tow.