Boom Festival

Discussion in 'festivals' started by BristolEcho, Jul 11, 2018 at 4:37 PM.

1. BristolEcho

BristolEcho Well-Known Member

Any other Urbs heading out to Portugal next week for Boom festival?

Now that I've got through a stressful stag do and a wedding I really can't wait to get away and have a dance.

This will be my fourth boom and I think I've got a full grip on it now. Last year we got into a cycle of getting up at 1am and then going to bed early evening. This is better because you're not trying to sleep in 35c heat, but also I fell in love with Dark Psy last time and that runs from around 1am until mid morning.

Lots of other great stuff there too. In the year when it's not on we do a Smaller European festival but this is the big one. I turn 30 and it's a lunar eclipse on my birthday. :cool:

One thing I don't like is that they made a big point of it not being VIP but have snuck in tipis after reducing the capacity by 20k. To be fair I understand that, but at the same time it is blatantly VIP. I'm a hypocrite anyway as we got a cardboard tent this year so we didn't have to carry a tent ovee there and we might actually be able to sleep. :facepalm: