Bluetooth speakers

Discussion in 'music, bands, clubs & festies' started by ska invita, Jun 17, 2015.

1. ska invita

ska invita back on the other side

Im thinking about getting some bluetooth speakers
    theres are some interesting ones out there
    http://www.techradar.com/news/audio/portable-audio/10-best-portable-speakers-1069079

Most are battery (there is one on that list thats just mains)

I tend to avoid battery products as the battery dies and its a hassle to replace, or you get caught out when it runs down

Has anyone got some? I take it you recharge at the mains with these things?

2. sim667

sim667 Licking windows on the 303 bus.

Enviro and ruffneck23 like this.
  3. ringo

ringo Macaroni cheese controller

We've got one of the £20 imitations of that minirig for camping which is just about alright, but quiet and better if you put it in a bucket.

4. mauvais

mauvais change has become unavoidable

We have a Denon Envaya Mini, about £80. I didn't choose it, the OH did after lots of research, but it sounds alright IMO. It's battery powered, recharged like a phone.

5. Virtual Blue

Virtual Blue ready

Another vote for Denon Envaya Mini - brilliant little player, best in class.
    Lasts for a long time on low-mid volume but if you blast it, you'll only get 2 hours of play.

Watch some youtube reviews on the Denon. It is that good.

6. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

I got given a UE Boom and it's ace. The battery lasts for ages too.
    [​IMG]

ska invita likes this.
  7. sim667

Much quieter?

I was thinking about forking out for a minirig......

Can you link them up still?

8. ringo

ringo Macaroni cheese controller

A mate has the minirig and it's loud and sounds pretty good for a tiny thing. Our imitation is a very cheap and a bit quiet. No idea about linking tbh.

9. sim667

Maybe Ill just hold out for a minirig. I've got a portable boombox I made, but its not the type of thing i can just chuck in a bag and take somehwhere.

10. sim667

Maybe Ill just hold out for a minirig. I've got a portable boombox I made, but its not the type of thing i can just chuck in a bag and take somehwhere.

11. ruffneck23

ruffneck23 Well-Known Member

Mini rig all the way :)

12. Patteran

Patteran A nowadays excuse

We've a Bose Mini Link - it's good enough, fit for purpose, & can run on the mains or from its decent built-in battery. Previously had a Jawbone - the Bose is richer & pricier. Amazing compared to a phone, muddy compared to our fairly standard Richer Sounds hi-fi (Cambridge amp, Project deck, Dali speakers). It's a luxury, but we get a lot of use out of it, & the baby loves it.

13. twentythreedom

twentythreedom BREAD FUCKING SAUCE

I've got 2 x Minirig and the subwoofer on my boat.

Amazing sound :cool:

Enviro, sim667 and ruffneck23 like this.
  14. ska invita

im wondering about the charging and mains - is it okay to run from mains or does that mess up the batteries?
    can you replace batteries? i know they last a few years, but i like to keep my kit till it dies

15. twentythreedom

No need to run from mains all the time, surely? Once the batt is charged just run it down. I've had 20hrs off mine.

Dunno about replacing batteries - there's a Minirig website, maybe look there

16. sim667

Stop mentioning your boat, overtime you do I get envy pangs :p

ruffneck23 likes this.
  17. twentythreedom

I can't help it :oops: :D

ruffneck23 likes this.
  18. ska invita

[​IMG]
    i like the way this fits on a bike bottle rack - i was jsut thinking you need tunes on a bike the other day
    -id need to get a phone that plays tunes though
    and a bike bottle rack :D

editor likes this.
  19. sim667

Gonna get on my competent crew this year hopefully :D

20. twentythreedom

You're welcome sailing anytime mate

sim667 likes this.
  21. sim667

Where do you keep her?

22. twentythreedom

Chichester

23. sim667

Close to me too...... Ill drop you a PM this afternoon :D

twentythreedom likes this.
  24. beesonthewhatnow

beesonthewhatnow going deaf for a living

I've been thinking about getting one of these, although possibly the "full size" one rather than the mini...

[​IMG]

ska invita likes this.
  25. mauvais

mauvais change has become unavoidable

We were mis-delivered the big one instead of the Mini at first, and wondered about keeping it. It seemed pretty big and heavy in comparison though, and the reviews aren't quite as glowing.

26. ska invita

I think id like as big as possible - i don't plan to take it out the flat (maybe the garden)
    fact is bigger cones mean bigger bass

i heard a Bose radio the other day and was mightily impressed....

27. pesh

pesh Well-Known Member

i had a jambox for a year or so but got rid of it because I couldn't deal with listening to it for more that a couple of hours at a time, just used to get tiring after a while. Upgraded to one of the large Bose soundlinks which was the best sounding one with the best bass responseI could just about afford and fit in my bag...

To be honest, if you're just after something to use in the house and you care about bass response and volume I'd buy something a bit larger and mains powered for a lot less than an equivalent portable Bluetooth thing is going to cost

28. Mattym

Mattym Well-Known Member

Minirig vote from me, as well, although I had mine well before they were bluetooth.

29. ska invita

I have a mini stack of speakers for the decks for some proper sound boy business, but i want a little thing to take to the kitchen/shower/garden - just little relaxed listening, not even that loud most times i expect....

As i say, i was really impressed by the Bose radio i heard the other day...incredible depth and clarity....which model have you got pesh?

30. Ranbay

Ranbay The same rules apply