Bluetooth headphones

Discussion in 'mobiles, tablets and wearable tech' started by NoXion, Jun 23, 2017.

1. Nivag

Nivag Well-Known Member

2. hermitical

hermitical Well-Known Member

any recommendations for 'true wireless' in ears? I'm wondering if any on the budget-ish end are really worth trying....

3. Cid

Cid 慢慢走

Just bought a pair of vava (taotronic) moov28s. I think these and the ankers upthread, and probably some others are pretty much the same. Far as I worked out the models work like this:

Taotronic 17.99 pair; long battery life (9hrs) but sdc
    Taotronic 18.99: 7hr battery but aptx
    Taotronic 24.99: ‘upgraded’, 8hr battery aptx
    Vava moov28 25.99: 9hr battery aptx

I think the vava may be a little bulkier, though they’re still pretty comfortable. Long battery was important for me. I’m kind of surprised by the short battery life on some of the collar types. Vava looks like everything is in the bud, taotronic it may be in the controller, don’t have it. But either way you’d think sticking them in a collar could give you at least double.

Sound is good enough. I also have shure se215s which are, unsurprisingly, a lot better. But also less convenient... they’re better than default apple earbuds, but I also hate that kind of earphone, so biased. I don’t have other cheap wired phones for comparison.

4. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

5. dervish

dervish if you flibble when you wibble, don't wobble

6. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

7. dervish

Absolutely fine for my uses, I've only reached the end of the battery once, on a 3 hour coach trip.

8. Sasaferrato

Sasaferrato Thank fuck it's not over.

I've used Sennheiser for years, not as expensive as that though. :eek:

9. Nivag

Nivag Well-Known Member

I've seen this brand reviewed and are cheap with a good battery life.

editor likes this.
  10. cybershot

cybershot Well-Known Member

My mpow’s last 8 hours. According to the blurb. Never had to play that long in one sitting.

11. Idaho

Idaho blah blah blah

Lidl have cheap ones for £13 at the moment. I only really use them for audio books, so don't know how good they are for music.

12. joustmaster

joustmaster offcumdun

Jabra Move Wireless Bluetooth On-Ear Headphones - Black https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00NHSFWG4/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_O4OzCbJKGZVJZ

I've got these. I think they were 30 quid in sale maybe a year ago.

8 hours battery. But if they are switched on and not playing they don't seem to use any battery. I've often used them all day at work, accidently leave them switched on over night and they're still going in the morning.

No battery deterioration yet, a year in.

Comes with a standard jack cable if you ever need such things.

Sound OK.

13. joustmaster

joustmaster offcumdun

The one annoyance I've found with wireless headphones is the over keen alert to the power running low.

14. salem

salem Well-Known Member

Oh god that drives me mad, I'll get half an hour that is all I need to get home ruined by an annoying jarring beep every 30 seconds that puts me on edge.

On my headphones it's also the bloody bright blue led that that makes me look like a Christmas tree.

15. dervish

I convinced work to buy me a pair of these They are pretty good. Having to get used to the sound though, they are only BT4.1 and the headphones let in all sorts out outside noise, but they are ok for the office, and they mean that I can listen to tunes, if a call comes in it reduces the volume, works as a headset then music comes back when the annoying disturbing person goes away and I can go back to listening to tunes again.

They are not as good as my Blitzwolfs though, the sound on those is much better. The logitechs don't fold up either so not really all that convenient but good for the office.

16. hash tag

hash tag never too old

17. trashpony

trashpony Ovaries and tings

Do you reckon you can lie down with these on without them being massively uncomfortable? My mum wants some to wear listening to the radio in bed. I know you can get some which are like headbands but she wouldn’t like anything around her head like that.

18. hash tag

hash tag never too old

19. Maggot

Maggot The Cake of Liberty

20. BristolEcho

BristolEcho Well-Known Member

How about wireless in ear ones? Without any wires? I saw a pair for £50 and want to get them for the same reason.

21. trashpony

trashpony Ovaries and tings

Ooh interesting! She currently uses plug in ones I think so those are a real possibility.

BristolEcho thanks for suggestion but I don’t think she likes in ear things. She’s a bit weird and fussy (she’s 87 tho so I guess she’s entitled to be!)

22. mx wcfc

mx wcfc Well-Known Member

As it happens, I got bought some blue tooth headphones recently. I had to buy a thingy to get them to work with my ipod. The thingy has arrived, but I'm a bit pissed tonight, so may try them tomorrow.:thumbs:

Smick likes this.
  23. dervish

Yes you can, wiskey does with hers, they are tiny so only have a 3hr battery life and an annoying beep when they are running out of battery so not great to fall asleep to.

trashpony and Badgers like this.
  24. Badgers

Badgers Mr Big Shrimp!

trashpony likes this.
  25. Throbbing Angel

Throbbing Angel it's a very pretty colour this ambulance, isn't it