1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Black Mirror - Charlie Brooker

Discussion in 'books, films, TV, radio & writing' started by ebay sex moomin, Nov 16, 2011.

1. T & P

T & P |-o-| (-o-) |-o-|

Could someone cleverer than me explain what the background story of the woman being chased by the robotic dog might be?. Her struggle against the four legged terror was compelling enough, but I'm still at a loss as to wtf was going on...

Hellsbells, Scaggs and Badgers like this.
  2. DaveCinzano

DaveCinzano WATCH OUT, GEORGE, HE'S GOT A SCREWDRIVER!

:D

Badgers likes this.
  3. Fez909

Fez909 toilet expert

[​IMG]
    and

ruffneck23 and Crispy like this.
  4. Jeff Robinson

Jeff Robinson Well-Known Member

From what I could gather, the episode was set in a terminator-style future where the 'robots have taken over' - it seems that these robot dogs were originally manufactured to act as guard dogs but they have since turned on the humans. The woman and her accomplices were trying to get a replacement teddy bear from the abandoned warehouse for a dying child.

Ponyutd, Badgers and T & P like this.
  5. Sea Star

Sea Star abandoned account, please demolish

on a side note - that rather fab looking vintage car in the final episode - Black Museum - was recently purchased by a friend of mine. I don't think he was expecting to see it turn up in Black Mirror. well, at least he knows who the former owner was :D

Fez909 and Badgers like this.
  6. T & P

T & P |-o-| (-o-) |-o-|

That makes sense. Cheers!

Badgers and Jeff Robinson like this.
  7. joustmaster

joustmaster offcumdun

And based on the roboto dogs that Boston Dynamics has been building for the US military

keybored, Badgers and Jeff Robinson like this.
  8. T & P

T & P |-o-| (-o-) |-o-|

I was remarking to Ms T & P how realistic the contraption looked. Very impressive indeed, and while I suspected it was CGI I found it impossible to tell solely from the images.

Badgers likes this.
  9. mwgdrwg

mwgdrwg Be a Pisces. Jam.

I really enjoyed this series. Highlights were Meph Damon's spot-on Kirk impression at the very start, the dogs one was brilliantly bleak, Arkangel was thought provoking.

The last one was a bit too meta, and the couples one was too obviously going for the San Junipero vibe, but nowhere near as good.

Good stuff!

10. ATOMIC SUPLEX

ATOMIC SUPLEX Member Since: 1985 Post Count: 3

Just watching now.
    First one was ok, but how the hell did the get all the memories and everything from some DNA in spit?
    Bit cheesy, especially when the other crew member came back even though she wasn't on the ship.

Just tried watching arkangel. Disappointed. Got immediately bored but stuck with it until half way, just couldn't bear it anymore. Any others worth watching?

11. Fez909

Fez909 toilet expert

The romantic in me loved this one, though it was hard, too (recent break up).

Have you ever done online dating? I have and I think that helped me enjoy it more as well.

Great episode for me. One of the best yet.

Ranu likes this.
  12. mwgdrwg

mwgdrwg Be a Pisces. Jam.

Never done online dating, have been in a 25 year relationship...so romance is a fading memory :D

Fez909 likes this.