Bittorent Invite Thread

Discussion in 'computers, web and general tech' started by Jambooboo, Nov 17, 2007.

1. Jambooboo

Jambooboo Who Loves You Baby?

In the wake of Demonoid going down I could really do with some invites to private trackers, hence this thread.

Mainly looking for movies at the moment, and so Cinema Obscura and Karagarga spring to mind. Would also love a RevolutionTT or Torrent Leach invite if anyone has one going spare.

Unfortunately at the moment I have nothing to offer, other than to recommend a new find - Cinematik - to those into non-mainstream film. It's not massively busy but I've still got decent speeds and there's a lot of good stuff on there.

2. butchersapron

butchersapron blood on the walls

PM me an email and i'll do you KG.

3. Jambooboo

Wicked. Will do thanks.

4. Jambooboo

Anymore for anymore?

:)

5. revol68

revol68 what, fucking what?

i'm looking a music and general tv/games tracker/s, will dish out some karagarga invites in return.

6. jargs

jargs Banned Banned

whats karagarga for?

7. bi0boy

bi0boy Power User

I have been able to find everything I need on thepiratebay, uknova and eztv. Is there something I am missing out on :confused:

8. lobster

lobster Well-Known Member

A snip it from the KaraGarga Manifesto

9. The Boy

The Boy danny la rouge is probably wrong.

I could do with a karagarga invite. Actually, since oink went down I could do with a what.cd or waffles invite too.

Unfortunately I only have STMusic invites to swap as my demonoid invites are no more.

edit: cheers for the headsup on cinematik

10. Mapped

Mapped London town

I Have 10 what.cd invites for when they open again. They are currently closed for registrations, but they are adding 1000 or so new users on every few days.

I also have 1 STMusic invite going spare.....edit: gone

11. Rikbikboo

Rikbikboo Croch Grabber Of Antioch

can anyone help me out with a invite for torrents. films or music,. shhoot me a pm please i will love you forever.

thanks

12. upsidedownwalrus

upsidedownwalrus RIP R.I.P.

Karagarga's more hardcore Guardian reading type films.

Can anyone recommend something along the lines of demonoid, which is good for getting the sort of just-off-the-mainstream type films?

13. Jambooboo

They're public trackers, which I don't really like to use as (a) I think there is more risk involved re: getting busted and (b) there is no incentive for people to seed/disincentive not to seed hence speeds can be rubbish/torrents remain dead etc.

14. lobster

lol , ive never heard that before.

15. LazarusLong

LazarusLong New Member

music

Whats the best one for music ?

16. rubbershoes

rubbershoes not the only raver in the village

anyone got an invite for bitme?

17. Dubversion

Dubversion Gorn Enforced Holiday

karagarga and me didn't get on. Anyone recommend - and pass on - another movie site? Piratebay is a little too mainstream..

18. mauvais

mauvais change has become unavoidable

I've got 2 what.cd and 1 StMusic. I'd quite like a Karagarga one or anything else interesting.

19. lobster

http://cinematik.net/ is suppose to be quite good, at the moment its open to registration.
    Depending how much patience you have, ed2k has a lot of arthouse and foreign films.

20. Dubversion

yeh, cinematik doesn't look too bad..

21. Dubversion

i'm confused - does piratebay have any ratio rules at all? I can't find any.

i'm going to seed anyway, but just wondered if i'm missing something.

22. Jambooboo

I think it depends whether you register. I've never bothered doing so being that it's not obligatory. Ditto Torrentspy.

23. Dubversion

erm..

anyone help? I registered with cinematik yesterday, and downloaded Death Proof. pretty big file - 11gb. So far my ratio is .173 cos I've only been seeding it one day, and i'm going to keep seeding till I get a decent ratio and before I take anything else.

Just tried to log on and got an "unauthorised IP address message". Does this mean I've been fucking banned? And if so, why? you apparently get 2 weeks to get a 0.3 ratio, and I'm 13 days short of that deadline. Anyone the wiser?

24. Jambooboo

Seems - like Karagarga - you and Cinematik don't get on.

Maybe they didn't like the cut of your jib.

:)

E2A: A quick search shows that your account 'has been disabled' - it says you've a ratio of 0.148 and has [​IMG] next to it.

:D

Maybe if you keep seeding then your account will be okay once you hit 0.3, being that it still exists.

25. revol68

revol68 what, fucking what?

they probably banned you cos the Death Proof was the first film you downloaded.:D

26. Firky

Firky The first of the gang Banned

Hahahahaha

[​IMG]

27. Dubversion

all their movies are .iso files and the like, there doesn't seem to be anything like compressed avi files you get elsewhere (which is fine, it's a cinephile site). This means downloads are always hefty ones.

I dloaded Death Proof partly because it seemed a likely movie to be in demand so it would be good for getting my ratio back up quickly. And I'm still 12 days inside the limit for getting my ratio up. Seems to be they're not even following their own rules

28. chintz

chintz cider driven madness

Any body got a spare what.cd or waffles invite, I can offer a Libble invite in return

Thanks

29. Jambooboo

I don't understand it myself tbh. I got a (I presume automated) warning when the day after I first joined because my ratio was 0.1 - I got given a week (not two) to get my ratio up.

Best advice I could give in future is to at first only download newly uploaded stuff - when your ratio is good you can be more picky about what you want to download. Looking at Death Proof it's been up there since September and has been snatched 129 times. And it's a big file (a DVD9 and a DVD5) hence that one download is going to put a 0.3 ratio demand on you straight away.

I just started downloaded Traffic - it's a newly uploaded torrent with only the original uploader seeding. Because I've got decent download speeds chances are that I'll likely be at the front of the pack of the twelve current leechers, which means I'll likely get a positive ratio (ie 1.0+) on it just from seeding to the current crop of leechers. And between two spare drives I've got 750gb to spare with which to seed, hence I can seed stuff pretty much indefinitely.

30. teqniq

teqniq DisMembered

You may want to check this out before it closes it's open registration in the next couple of days:

http://www.appzuniverse.org/index.php

No good for movies but good for ermm, apps.