Bitcoin discussion and news

Discussion in 'world politics, current affairs and news' started by camouflage, Dec 25, 2010.

1. mauvais

mauvais change has become unavoidable

You are not in May 1997 and you do not have the foresight to be investing in a new Amazon.

NoXion and littlebabyjesus like this.
  2. cupid_stunt

cupid_stunt Dyslexic cnut, & all round knob-head.

3. bimble

bimble noisy but small

He’s got a cool name though.:thumbs:

kazza007 likes this.
  4. littlebabyjesus

littlebabyjesus one of Maxwell's demons

5. littlebabyjesus

Just to unpack the idea of wall st algorithms are you saying that such things are all powerful wrt crypto prices? Do they control such things? What is it you're saying?

6. gosub

gosub ~#

Are we ticking off :Things crypto was supposed to be but isn't?

7. Monkeygrinder's Organ

Monkeygrinder's Organ Dodgy geezer swilling vapid lager

He's a conspiracy theorist isn't he. Ok it's crypto not gunmen but the approach here is identical.

8. ddraig

ddraig dros ben llestri

if you're going to have a dig or chuck your toys about and mention me at least @ me properly you coward
    is this what you're whinging about?? fucksake

9. Yossarian

Yossarian free shrugs

This comparison would only make sense if Amazon stock existed only as essentially worthless certificates with the word 'Amazon' on them, not as shares on a business that grew into a massive company selling books and shit. Revenue went up massively hand-in-hand with the increase in share value, though there wasn't a lot of profit.

amazonrevenue.JPG

paolo, sealion and NoXion like this.
  10. gosub

gosub ~#

sealion, pesh and cupid_stunt like this.
  11. cupid_stunt

cupid_stunt Dyslexic cnut, & all round knob-head.

Not very bright are they...

:facepalm:

12. ddraig

ddraig dros ben llestri

13. BigTom

BigTom Well-Known Member

Proletarian Democracy takes an official "Bitcoin? NO!" position following this terrible news from SETI:
    Bitcoin hinders the search for aliens

Have heard lots of people complaining about how GPU prices have been pushed up by btc mining but mostly that's gamers and such like. Now it's interfering with possible alien contact I'm up in arms ;)

bimble likes this.
  14. littlebabyjesus

Fucking thing's back up at £7k now. :(

15. camouflage

camouflage perspective is the essence of wisdom.

Don't worry, the aggressively expanding hegemonizing bitcoin swarm will eventually conquer other life-bearing worlds too, they will all eventually be assimilated.

Or maybe this explains the Fermi Paradox, in that once your society discovers cryptocurrency it turns inwards, spends all it's time energy and person-power on crypto projects and neglects the wider universe entirely... eventually encasing the local star in a dyson-sphere to feed the energy requirements of their crypto-network and disappearing altogether into the now system-spanning crypto-hole. Occasionally, a satoshi-particle will escape, this is how we are able to detect where life-bearing worlds once existed

instape, BigTom and cupid_stunt like this.
  16. mod

mod A modernist

Can someone advice me please?

i'm trying to set up a Bittylicous account to purchase bitcoin. they are asking for very sensitive documents to prove I am who I say I am. Utility bills, passport or driving licences etc. This is making me nervous.

Bittylicious | Buy Bitcoins Quickly in The UK

17. Ranbay

Ranbay The same rules apply

most of them will, it's hard to buy BTC without ID

mod likes this.
  18. BigTom

BigTom Well-Known Member

:D Finally a sensible answer to the question of "is there other life out there in the universe?"

19. BigTom

BigTom Well-Known Member

I bought through bittylicious when I was buying btc, don't think there's any issue with documents, they need it for money laundering regs, I sent mine in without concern. I've not had my identity stolen (yet!)

mod likes this.
  20. Yossarian

Yossarian free shrugs

Must be a lot of grizzled old bitcoin prospectors who remember the Great Crash of '13 saying 'I told you so.'

21. NoXion

NoXion Eat leaden death, demon...

I'm a gamer and a SETI advocate, so this is crap news on top of crap news. :mad:

BigTom likes this.
  22. mwgdrwg

mwgdrwg Be a Pisces. Jam.

bitcoin.jpg

BigTom likes this.
  23. bimble

bimble noisy but small

Today is the day when the boyfriend's 'short' ends/ closes, he hasn't found out yet what the 'payout' will be - if anything. The way I'm looking at it now (with me still having my bit of btc and him putting money on it going down in value) I placed a bet on people being stupider / more irrational than he thinks they are, which is quite fitting as he's a much more optimistic person than me.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2018
  24. joustmaster

joustmaster offcumdun

Up from 7k to nearly 12k

25. Archimage

Archimage Kat Knapper

‘No Cash’ Signs Everywhere Has Sweden Worried It’s Gone Too Far

26. kabbes

kabbes "A top 400 poster"

The solution to Sweden’s stereotyped old people not being able to handle paying with a Visa card is... to introduce another complex digital transaction for them to use instead?

27. not-bono-ever

not-bono-ever Space/time supply indicators near to zero

interesting that Sweden had one of the lowest tax evasion rates around as well

28. not-bono-ever

not-bono-ever Space/time supply indicators near to zero

29. ricbake

ricbake working out how

More people prepared to buy for the higher price than those prepared to sell for the lower price.

Supply and demand

TammyHubs likes this.
  30. cybershot

cybershot Well-Known Member