Bitcoin discussion and news

Discussion in 'world politics, current affairs and news' started by camouflage, Dec 25, 2010.

1. butchersapron

butchersapron blood on the walls

Are you going to say anything? You've had many opps. Electricity changed everything - it effected production, distribution and personal consumption thereby changing the world. Unless you're an idiot you'll be able to explain why heightened energy use in search of bitcoin is the same. I await your reply.

NoXion likes this.
  2. bimble

bimble noisy but small

Last edited: Dec 27, 2017
  3. littlebabyjesus

littlebabyjesus one of Maxwell's demons

Neither you nor camouflage nor anybody else has a rational argument for a use value for bitcoin. That's the crucial difference you seem to be wilfully overlooking. And without a use value, the price of cryptocurrency is pure bubble. You refuse to acknowledge that.

In that sense, it's not even comparable to the dotcom bubble - you could argue that that was a ridiculous overenthusiasm for a new technology, overestimating the future profits to be made from it, although out of that bubble came the likes of google and amazon, so some who bought high got lucky. Nobody who buys high will get lucky with bitcoin as it has no future profits to be made from it. It even has its own obsolescence built into it.

4. camouflage

camouflage "marginalia".

This post is so spangled with self-contradiction I thought I best preserve it for posterity.

5. The Fornicator

The Fornicator Well-Known Member

Jesus. You not even at the starting gate are you.

No I can't help you. It looks like your entire interest in this subject is so you co-opt this for whatever other agendas you pursue. It's really not going to happen.

Go and mow the lawn or something. Not playing.

6. littlebabyjesus

Point one of the contradictions out for me.

NoXion likes this.
  7. butchersapron

Jesus. You not even at the starting gate are you.

What does this mean in terms of bitcoin the fornicator?

8. butchersapron

Note the slide on this one from i just having a dabble to the the use of fiat a few posts later.

kabbes likes this.
  9. The Fornicator

Maybe it's contradiction. It read like a tabloid journo rant to me. About as much depth as a Christmas piss puddle

10. The Fornicator

Says Mr "I await your reply". Who are you, George III ?

11. camouflage

camouflage "marginalia".

No, it's contradictions, plural. Maybe one big mass of tangled contradictions is more accurate.

The Fornicator likes this.
  12. butchersapron

No, i'm not George III.

I'm still waiting. Awaiting reply means i expect some sort of reply to my post, some sort of defence of yours. Are you up to it?

13. camouflage

camouflage "marginalia".

To be fair, when people talk of "crypto" they also talk of "fiat", it's the language used in the subject, although it's also one of those words like "collectivism" that gets used a lot in certain circles. And yes the crypto-world does overlap those circles, but even if you are arguing against crypto you'll use the word "fiat" to do it at some point.

14. littlebabyjesus

Sure, but that's a separate issue from the cryptocurrency craze that uses blockchains with 'mining' set up with a difficulty algorithm so that energy use increases as the bubble inflates. That's a specific use of blockchain that is pure bubble, and pure destruction.

seventh bullet and NoXion like this.
  15. The Fornicator

Totally. It's about all of that. Another example of George III being way out of his depth and trying - very poorly - to co-opt for his own purposes. Naughty George!

16. cybershot

cybershot Well-Known Member

17. JimW

JimW 支那暗杀团

18. The Fornicator

Probably had himself kidnapped. Never heard of the exchange, which is presumably the whole point of the exercise.

19. bimble

bimble noisy but small

Are you generally prone to shouting False Flag at things? That makes sense.

NoXion likes this.
  20. camouflage

camouflage "marginalia".

Let's just say the Teslas of the world often get mugged by the "well greasy" Edisons of the world. :(

21. Ranbay

Ranbay The same rules apply

It's going to tank anyway because i just paid 2.5k off my debt.... :rolleyes:

22. phillm

phillm Trolling through Life (TM)

All this has no doubt be covered and rebutted previously but it's worth saying the current situation and predicted future is UTTER.FUCKING.MADNESS and if you can't see that then your're mad and/or shilling a position.

By July 2019, the bitcoin network will require more electricity than the entire United States currently use

Bitcoin Mining Guzzles Energy—And Its Carbon Footprint Just Keeps Growing

NoXion likes this.
  23. camouflage

camouflage "marginalia".

Congratulations, you've come to accept that the train exists and has mass. And not only that, you've come to accept that the train is accelerating, and may very well still be accelerating come 2019. It is good that you are now concerned about what appears to be a massive brick wall on the tracks ahead. Some say maybe there's a tunnel, or a fold in the landscape that just makes it look like the train is heading straight into a massive wall from where we're standing now... but the main thing is that you accept the train exists, has mass, and is accelerating. A lot of people are still stuck on "there is no train" or "the train doesn't have any mass" or "the train will suddenly stop moving and disappear becoz tulips".

phillm likes this.
  24. teqniq

teqniq DisMembered

what.

NoXion and phillm like this.
  25. phillm

there is a train. A bitcoin train and it has left the station.

camouflage and teqniq like this.
  26. DotCommunist

DotCommunist specter haunting

camo's on this trip where enquiring as to use value equates to superstition, with added 'the gods will punish us' piss-taking which funnily casts climate change as superstition. Oh and also anyone who is thinking maybe bitcoin is a not so great idea is an enemy of the working class. I think thats the gist of it anyway. Basically all the wrongs of religious thinking are put upon those who question.

27. copliker

copliker ...

Santy brought some Max Kaiser braces and they've cut off the circulation to his tiny stoner brain.

28. camouflage

camouflage "marginalia".

:facepalm:

29. phillm

30. The Fornicator

An outbreak of personal abuse and ridicule. It's actually an improvement on the vacuous high horses.

camouflage likes this.