Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Billie Eilish

D'wards

I'm an excellent driver
Just listening to her album. Its really good, considering I'm a grumpy old man with a love of dinosaur rock.

I suspect most of u75 have underwear older than her, and on Twitter I saw her described as being created in a lab in vice magazine, but the tunes are great.

joustmaster

offcumdun
She seems to be very good at doing interviews and social media in a way that the youth love.

And yeah her songs are very pop catchy.

D'wards

I'm an excellent driver
Shit. Just seen there's a thread already but my initial search was foiled by my poor spelling :facepalm:

Mogden

I like tea
Best mate Mogden's daughter, my goddaughter, has a liking for her. Giving her a try using her Glasto set. She's not bad. Feels like Lily Allen doing Nine Inch Nails of a fashion. Her baggy clothes thing puts me in mind of Lily in her party frocks with trainers too.

Macaroni straws.
I too, love Billy Eilish. Debating the album. This song put me on to her although the lyrics are a bit worrying as an adult.

Good individual pop songs but I found the whole album a bit dreary. She's better than most pop that the kids are listening to though.

D'wards

I'm an excellent driver
Looks like her global domination is continuously apace.

I love the fact she said she just slept through the entire MTV VMA's too and didnt seem to be that bothered - whereas other artists cream themselves to be there and win

salem

Her PR team is on it certainly, I've gone from having never heard of her to seeing her name everywhere in the space of a week.

Pretty good tunes IMHO

Aw man, you just *know* that's a lifelong memory for loads of the kids in that audience. :) Good stuff.
Yup, I'd love to go to a gig where everyone was totally on it with no pint supping, head nodding, toe tappers getting in the way. Sadly as one of them it's not going to happen.

Last edited:

8ball

Having a teeny break
Isn’t she that lass that was made in an AI paid for by VICE magazine?

I think they did a great job, I can’t see the pixels nor the stool she’s standing on.

billy_bob

contents may have settled during transit
I'm keenly aware of a 'back away, old man, this isn't for you' vibe about this. But yeah, seems to be pretty deserving of the hype. 'Bad Guy's been my earworm for about a week now.

killer b

[distant cheering]
I'm keenly aware of a 'back away, old man, this isn't for you' vibe about this.
none of the old men seem to be listening to that warning tbf. She seems to be equally beloved of tween girls and men of a certain age. Slightly disconcerting.

billy_bob

none of the old men seem to be listening to that warning tbf. She seems to be equally beloved of tween girls and men of a certain age. Slightly disconcerting.
Well, at least I have the decorum to be aware of that ick factor. And personally don't share other middle aged men's apparent 'interest' in women who should be dating their sons.

killer b

[distant cheering]
I think lots of them are into the music tbf, but I find the insistence that it's all about the music cause she's a tomboyish girl who wears skate shorts a bit :hmm: when the first girl all of them ever loved was also a tomboyish girl in skate shorts...

billy_bob

Well yeah. 'It's not about that because she's not even that fit' is an admission of its own.

TheHoodedClaw

acknowledging ur soup leg
I think lots of them are into the music tbf, but I find the insistence that it's all about the music cause she's a tomboyish girl who wears skate shorts a bit :hmm: when the first girl all of them ever loved was also a tomboyish girl in skate shorts...
Back-combed hair and a rah-rah skirt, actually.